Hope this aint true, Online poker being shut down?

Comments

• Cleared my FTP bonus this a.m., now to see if I get it.
  • And here come the aftershocks...
    Onyx Cup cancelled
    Any Future NAPT not looking good at moment
    ESPN takes down Inside Deal and PS powered client

Fallout Continues as Onyx Cup Cancelled, ESPN Pulls Poker Content | BLUFF Poker News
  • fyi re: UB/AP:
    ""We have suspended all deposits, withdrawals, and transfers bc of recent legal actions taken by the US. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes you. We will provide an update asap."
  • So, basically, US clients of these sites can kiss their $$$ good-bye. The means for the US government to do so will be Federal asset forfeiture statutes re: proceeds of crime. Ka-ching. Not that the money will do anything but pad a few resumes in the DoJ . . .

Wonder when they will turn their attention to the on-ine sports betting sites?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I just deposited $10 as a test and it worked

Fail!!!
    Fail!!!

Worked for me no problem just now
  • Milo wrote: »
    Cleared my FTP bonus this a.m., now to see if I get it.

so did I. Had 11k and got 4 decks of cards out of it. Hope they come
  • I was referring to the Take 2 bonus
  • Mobile FTP site and Android app are useless. Not at home to test the regular client.

Will finally cash out some points. Any one know if FtP still has some of those zippos available?
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Worked for me no problem just now

Just tried again and good to go
  • On the lighter side

dojl.jpg
    On the lighter side

[img awesomeVerticalGraph.jpg[/img]

Now that's funny.
  • Wow lol:D
  • Morning all, just readying though some of the info on this and one thing seems to stand out to me.

The idea that PS, FT and other companies were using fake company names such flower or bike companies to process payments through the credit card companies seems like a open and shut case of illegal activity. If this is proven I cant see that they have much of a leg to stand on.

any thoughts?

Trust me, this is happening alot more then you guys think on other "gambling" sites then poker sites so people can use their credit cards again.
  • Signed up late for a 1.10 tourney and They sat me but not dealing any cards to me. WTF Now I am getting them

Button went by me and 2 hands later I finally get dealt in lmao
  • on FTP if you late reg, you get dealt in on your BB
  • Ok, so I have been working too much and haven't looked at my computer for a few days or seen or heard any news from any source.

What did you guys do to break the online poker????

I can see I have some reading to do now. Damn kids bustin' the interwebz and such...
  • Lol no wonder they have gotten themselves in trouble. My cash out from pokerstars came through as 'Rational Entertainment Enterprises'.
  • The cashout I did from Stars yesterday evening still has not shown up in my Moneybookers account... crossing fingers that it eventually does... It can take up to 48 hours.
  • Tilt still has put nothing up on their site regarding guarantees or us players not being able to play.
  • What did you guys do to break the online poker????

I blame the whole quagmire on Fed.
  • The cashout I did from Stars yesterday evening still has not shown up in my Moneybookers account... crossing fingers that it eventually does... It can take up to 48 hours.
    posted on two plus two was that online companies hold players money in an over seas trust that the american governement has no juristiction on. its fine.
  • I have received my instadebit cashout as of last night into my bank account. :)

This whole mess has me split, one it really does not effect me unless they go after the payment processors also or Canada follows suit and I am loving the chaos and the effects it has on people who were assholes to me and screwed me couple of years ago.(what goes around comes around and it's great!).

Also what wetts said, if everything clears and good to go for us here it could be very good for us! aka new poker boom!:wink2:
  • Still can't get FTP's update. ??????????
  • Not that I care as I don't play there often, but FT gives me the same messages posted earlier about not being able to dl the update and to try again later.

You can fix this with the ban hammer right Comp?
  • Just found a thread on 2+2 to go to new FTP site and it's downloading as I type this.

I hope putting this link on here is not against any rules. ????? Just trying to help out.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/ftp-new-software-update-install-1021621/
  • Not that I care as I don't play there often, but FT gives me the same messages posted earlier about not being able to dl the update and to try again later.

You can fix this with the ban hammer right Comp?

Waited about an hour Bill. Update went okay and now playing.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    fyi re: UB/AP:
    ""We have suspended all deposits, withdrawals, and transfers bc of recent legal actions taken by the US. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes you. We will provide an update asap."

miniuboc me is yours for the taking!
  • Just did the usual for a update and everything worked for me, on full tilt with no problems.:)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Got the same message on Tilt as others, then tried just now and it worked. i had left a piddling $70. there after my withdrawal this aft so I now withdrew that back to MB. Will update with results... Still awaiting my Stars withdrawal processed 5 hrs ago.

Finally received an email on my last Tilt withdrawal to Moneybookers, declined as below.
    Your Player ID: xxxxxxxxx
    Date and Time: 2011-04-16 14:46:54
    Transfer Number: 08214F84
    Payment Method: Moneybookers
    Amount: $xx.00 (USD)

Your withdrawal request has been declined. Please review your personal account information to ensure that it is the same as the information stored with your payment processor. You may correct any of your personal information and try again. If you are still unsuccessful, you may wish to try one of the other available withdrawal methods.

Strange that my withdrawal for several hundred went through fine only a few hours before I started this one. I have sent an email back requesting reasons.