Hope this aint true, Online poker being shut down?

167891012»

Comments

• I really hope this all gets sorted, this past weekend would have been good to play as it has been a horrible weekend :(.

Looking at next weekend anyway, full tilt was /is suppose to do a announcement this week I heard.
  • Well hopefully the instadebit thing is worked out cause I just put some money on full tilt and see how much I play.:-\
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Trying to set this up....deposited Saturday....I'll try a cashout next week this way.

I'll post how it works.

RE: echeck on Tilt

2 days to get in my acct....

Instadebit finally got approved, took 3 or 4 days
  • Wow ap/ub offices got raided! Some real crazy stuff going on there, I think they are about done.

Pokerstars office also got raided:o.

They had to send employees home, that would have been some crazy shit!
  • It look like moneybookers is working again on Full Tilt
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    It look like moneybookers is working again on Full Tilt

Woot
  • yup, got 50k off FTP to MB a couple days ago
  • I am trying to decide where to bomb more money on, full tilt or stars, full tilt does not have as much traffic now for the game I want to play but they have the buy in's I want to play, moneybookers working is good news.

Decisions decisions:-\
  • Vekked wrote: »
    yup, got 50k off FTP to MB a couple days ago

Solid brag.
  • I am kinda getting nervous again with all this backlash against Full tilt, do you think our money is ok on there?

It still my number 1 choice because of their structures and such, and really want to still play there even though the sng traffic is down. I play on stars also but their latest sng changes I am not a big fan of, it's a lil better but not by much.

That leaves pay higher rake on party poker and titan with even worse structures.
  • So even though I should not be offering any help or advice to any of you cause I get no respect everytime for doing so and everyone else gets praise, but I can't sit by and watch people get screwed out of money, I have decided to withdraw all my money on full tilt.

I hope the reports are true and it is 3 days for instadebit right now, I would suggest everyone does the same again as there is alot of rumours going around but nothing 100 percent official, but I am too nervous right now and decided to pull the plug on full tilt for now until things are more clearer.

Will update gulp "if" or when I receive funds.
  • Hey philli, why are suggesting this? Is there some new info out? Obviously I think it's best for everyone to keep minimal funds on all sites but FTP still seems far from going under.
  • I'm still not sure of the long (or short term) viability of Full Tilt. I had decided about 10 days ago to withdraw via MoneyBookers (which I have done previously many times) just to be cautious.. They claim it has nothing to do with the US situation but I dunno.. Notice my little fib re a future deposit.. :)
    Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your query

We would like to inform you that the delay of your withdrawal is completely inrelevant to the US players.

Unfortunately at this time we cannot confirm an exact timeframe for the processing of your withdrawal transaction. As previously advised Full Tilt Poker is working as a priority to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Panagiotis

Full Tilt Poker Support

Please remember never to give out your password or enter account details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff will never ask you for your password. For your security, always keep this information a secret.

Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros at Full Tilt Poker

Original Message Follows:
    This greatly troubles me as a group of us were going to deposit and have our own league. I guess the 2+2'ers are right. Some of us thought it was only US players who had their funds frozen, guess not.

Original Message
    From: Full Tilt Poker - Withdrawal Support [mailto:withdrawalsupport@fulltiltpoker.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:50 PM
    To: Jeff Cookson
    Subject: Full Tilt Poker - Your Withdrawal Query

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your query

We apologise again for the delay in processing your withdrawal. Full Tilt Poker is working as a priority to ensure your transaction is processed as soon as possible. We can assure you that your funds are safe.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Sandra
    Full Tilt Poker Support

Please remember never to give out your password or enter account details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff will never ask you for your password. For your security, always keep this information a secret.

It has now been over a week, is Full Tilt still in operation? I see that there are certainly some issues (2+2) with cashouts by others over much larger amounts. Surely my little amount shouldn't be an issue?
    Please see attachment for screen shot of my pending transaction.

Original Message
    From: Full Tilt Poker - Withdrawal Support [mailto:withdrawalsupport@fulltiltpoker.com]
    Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:01 PM
    To: Jeff Cookson
    Subject: Full Tilt Poker ? Withdrawal

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your response to Full Tilt Poker Support.

We're sorry your withdrawal request hasn't been processed yet. We're experiencing slightly longer processing times due to a high volume of transaction requests.

Our cashiers complete transactions in the order they are received, and your request should be processed shortly.

We appreciate your continued patience, and if you have any questions, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards,

Jenny
    Full Tilt Poker Support

Why has this not been processed as yet? You state 24-48 hours. It has been
    93 now.

Original Message
    From: cashier@fulltiltpoker.com [mailto:cashier@fulltiltpoker.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:32 PM
    To: compueasepoker@gmail.com
    Subject: Full Tilt Poker - Funds Withdrawal Request

This is an automated message sent from Full Tilt Poker.

Your Player ID: compuease
    Date and Time: 2011-06-01 14:31:58
    Transfer Number: 0858655D
    Amount: $752.90 (USD)

Your withdrawal request has been received. Processing of your withdrawal request may take between 24-48 hours.
  • nice brag about have $752.90 :D

really sux. I w/d last week (about 100) and it was fine.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    nice brag about have $752.90 :D

really sux. I w/d last week (about 100) and it was fine.

ah f***, forgot to XXX that out lol.. Anyways I had withdrawn several hundred, (yeh I'm not Vekked with his $50K but what ever) on Black Friday, left like just under a hundred, then tried to withdraw that later but it stayed pending. Think I mentioned that earlier in this thread. I cancelled that after a week or so then went on a bit of a heater (for me at least). Now when Ivey made his statements, got concerned again and now we're pending for the balance. As I think Vekked said earlier, don't leave too much on line. Obviously this withrawal is of no real monetary significance to me but it does piss me off that Tilt can do this.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Now when Ivey made his statements, got concerned again and now we're pending for the balance.

God. I hope you are referring to this one

phil_ivey.jpg

and not ours
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    God. I hope you are referring to this one

and not ours
    lol, potd... Your hope is correct....
  • You need to write an email like this one. :D
    Dear helpful customer service representative,
    no offense but you're one generic email away from losing my business so think hard before you copy/paste yet another ready-made reply please.

Let me break it down for you pretty simply: I need money to live.
    Like, really really badly.
    Without it,
    I will go hungry
    and homeless
    and maybe even turn a little homicidal.

Not knowing when I will have access to my own personal funds (weird how there were no delays in depositing), makes it impossible for me to continue playing on your site since my uber-demanding wife thinks I should actually make a contribution towards our cost of living.

I know, Womenz.....amirite?

And telling me my money is safe over and over again is great and all, but my landlord said that he unfortunately can't take your word for it. I told him Howard and Durrrr pinky promised everything will be OK but he just mumbled something about lolinternets and walked away....so no go on that front.

So if you could kindly provide me with at least a ballpark time frame for when us Canadians will have free access to our funds, perhaps I can evade my landlord for a while longer and go back to surviving on white rice and tunafish by pretending I was in university again. Werd?
  • lol, I like it, wonder how many copies of the same email they have received?
  • wow, FTP sucks large now. The multi table sngs have such long waits now. Trying to get a 90 going is painful. I hope they get it all sorted out and let us get back to playing at will
  • fwiw i've requested/received a decent sized cash out since the ivey announcement or w/e, took about 10 days total, 8 business days, so that makes 3 cashouts via moneybookers I've received since all of this (I've only made 3) and 4-5 max instadebit cashouts which all seemed faster but with a lower max withdrawal and less versatile wrt moving around money to other sites, wouldn't recommend it if you're playing on sites other than stars/tilt/party/ipoker, or moving around more than 2.5k/transaction or 5k/week. But yea, no frozen money for me, just slower moving than previously, but I wouldn't do anything drastic like stop playing online/on FTP, just don't keep an amount on the sites that would cripple you if the worst happened.
  • The whole Aussie rumor seems to be coming from a PS pro and makes sense when you look at the AU laws. They pretty much have the same stance as US, maybe even stricter.

I have two friends that have/had contracts with Feltstars, one lost her gig via merge not allowing Aussie when they moved their and Merge will also not be taking any NEW US players for awhile as per a recent announcement.

I think that they are just looking to cover their asses, but the future dates lead me to believe there might be negotiations involved. Maybe stars is simply pulling back to go through a regulatory process with the Aussies? They have had to do the same over past few years in several countries I believe, now some, like Italy, are the most active in the world.
  • How is it that Merge is still allowing US players to play? Why haven't they been shut down? Do they not have to deal with the same type payment processors? How do they circumvent what the two biggest sites cannot?
  • I was reading something a few weeks ago that the Aussies where considering going by way of the US. Not sure if they have enough players on line to sustain a Government run site.
  • My email and Tilt's response yesterday to my withdrawal request. Finally tonight received confirmation that it is in my MB account. I'm really not sure why this should take 2 full weeks, not acceptable imo... I really don't understand why/how some of you big winners have been able to withdraw large amounts quickly. Something doesn't add up...

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your query

We apologise again for the delay in processing your withdrawal. Full Tilt Poker is working as a priority to ensure your transaction is processed as soon as possible. We can assure you that your funds are safe.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Bin

Full Tilt Poker Support

Please remember never to give out your password or enter

account details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff will

never ask you for your password. For your security, always

keep this information a secret.

It has now been almost 2 weeks, are you really that far behind for a lousy

few bucks? Seems like you don't have the funds to cover deposits?
  • It's def not quick compuease, taking like 7 days avg probs for me.
  • Well looks like chicken little was right for once... Hopefully for you full time guys this is only temporary...