Hope this aint true, Online poker being shut down?

If it is Holy Fuck!!!

Internet gambling sites owners charged with fraud | Reuters

full-tilt-poker-pokerstars-absolute-poker-charged-illegal-gambling-1020606/]Reuters: Full Tilt Poker, Pokerstars and Absolute Poker charged with illegal gambling - Poker News - News, Views and Gossip[/url]

Comments

• Looks like it is...hmm...methinks our Stars and Tilt monies are seized then?
  • Glad I didn't final table that Stars game last night...lol

All my monies with the exception of a few hundred on Stars, are on PlayNow..*phew*
  • my guess, full tilt guy is just laughing

"Federal authorities also have filed restraining orders against 76 bank accounts in 14 countries" seriously who does the US think they are.....

I think the poker community has enough money and enough brains to deal with this...

I'm also guessing full tilt and whomever knew what they were doing and already had lawyers look it over...US doesn't have enough money to deal with this....
  • 2+2 is overloaded...lol
  • DennisG wrote: »
    2+2 is overloaded...lol
    this is where 2+2 becomes the new governemnt, no democracy, just sane smart people....>:D
  • Pretty sure the games will continue to run as they do not use the DNS system for connections. The IP is coded into the executable.
  • It also says that the seized the domain names for each company. Anyone have any trouble logging into Full Tilt or PokerStars today ?
  • I had no problems logging in to all 3 sites, about 10mins ago
  • this whole thing is really going to turn into how can the US control international online business....
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    It also says that the seized the domain names for each company. Anyone have any trouble logging into Full Tilt or PokerStars today ?

On both right now
  • Wtf is wrong with the US government?
  • Emptied all my accounts. I don't really play online anymore anyways.
  • reports on 2+2 is that players cannot register for tournaments, cash out, or do player to player transfers
  • I have already received more than $3k from fulltilt in my moneybookers.
  • didn't someone on here mention that Tilt must think something is going to happen since they added multi entry tournaments and were going to be starting another FTOPS so soon?
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    didn't someone on here mention that Tilt must think something is going to happen since they added multi entry tournaments and were going to be starting another FTOPS so soon?
    i doubt they operate like that...
  • Just went on tilt. Logged in and registered for a tournament okay.
    Okay with Stars too.
  • Playing on Tilt right now . . . this better not mess up the $25.00 bonus they're going to owe me next week . . .
  • LOL. If this is true you cant possibly understand how good I run. To be explained later.
  • from what I've heard it's only affecting US players right now
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    LOL. If this is true you cant possibly understand how good I run. To be explained later.
    I'll take 5% please
  • Think of how closing the online sites would effect the WSOP.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Just went on tilt. Logged in and registered for a tournament okay.
    Okay with Stars too.

Its not the client they're after, its the monies. Obv the client will continue to be operational.
  • From what I am reading on 2+2 Some states are not working and some places in Europe. Stars and tilt.com UB.net. Nothing I can see . We play on Stars.net and Tilt.net. Is there a difference? IDFK
  • Also - HELLO PARTYPOKER, GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN.
  • methinks wetts cashed out last week to help pay for his new kitchen before he won in Winnipeg
  • Some players are also saying the can't cash out now . Can't get a secure connection to their accounts.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    methinks wetts cashed out last week to help pay for his new kitchen before he won in Winnipeg

WINNNNER.

Life Run Good.

F online pokerz. BURN!!!!
  • Didn't we arrive at the conclusion that online poker was not illegal earlier?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    WINNNNER.

What do I win? 5% of you for life in all tournaments :) LOL