Hope this aint true, Online poker being shut down?

Comments

• I just tried both stars and full tilt, both are working fine for me.

I did my withdrawal last night(something was telling me to do it right away, I kid you not!:o).

But I can get the withdrawal screens to come up with no problems, once you hit the withdrawal button to process may be a different story, I don't know.
  • What are you using to withdraw? Just asking because as far as I know moneybookers is the only automated option where you legit get your funds when it gets processed. 2 of mine are stuck processing since 3PM though after a small one went through.
  • PokerStars has officially left the U.S. market

nothing about shutting down operations to the rest of the free world...

While there are a bunch of accounts seized...likely they aren't the overseas/reserve accounts in which the majority of monies are held in "trust". Anything that has come back into the US would likely be another story...as well as any and all personal accounts.

these are just my hopes as I take down the 50k tonight..lol
  • Vekked wrote: »
    What are you using to withdraw? Just asking because as far as I know moneybookers is the only automated option where you legit get your funds when it gets processed. 2 of mine are stuck processing since 3PM though after a small one went through.

I used instadebit, my funds were in my instadebit account instantly.
    What are you using to withdraw? Just asking because as far as I know moneybookers is the only automated option where you legit get your funds when it gets processed. 2 of mine are stuck processing since 3PM though after a small one went through.

Again...the processors are very likely overloaded and very slow..
  • You can get the FT withdrawl screen to come up. but when you click on withdraw funds, it says it can't connect.

Pstars let me withdraw but I first deposited well before Moneybookers and have never done it since, so whenever I cash out I just get a cheque mailed out to me. I asked for one, but I am pretty unsure about wether I'll ever see that cheque, or wether it will still be good when I try to deposit it if I DO get it.

Man, I hope all this is not do-able by the US gvnmt. I hope all those poker execs are laughing and that they have things in place to protect their business and our money in this type of situation.

That guy ratting to stay out of jail can't be good though...
  • The withdrawl button started working again. Now to see if I actually get the money.
  • Sigh, just went to try instadebit and I get the can't connect screen now as well.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    The withdrawl button started working again. Now to see if I actually get the money.

Lmk how it goes
  • I just tried a WD of the money the darby shipped to me today. We'll see how it goes.
  • sstar wrote: »
    You can get the FT withdrawl screen to come up. but when you click on withdraw funds, it says it can't connect.

Pstars let me withdraw but I first deposited well before Moneybookers and have never done it since, so whenever I cash out I just get a cheque mailed out to me. I asked for one, but I am pretty unsure about wether I'll ever see that cheque, or wether it will still be good when I try to deposit it if I DO get it.

Man, I hope all this is not do-able by the US gvnmt. I hope all those poker execs are laughing and that they have things in place to protect their business and our money in this type of situation.

That guy ratting to stay out of jail can't be good though...

I am just roaming around I have seen 6 or 7 posts on various forums the Pstars cheques that were cashed earlier in the week are now being returned.
  • Got the same message on Tilt as others, then tried just now and it worked. i had left a piddling $70. there after my withdrawal this aft so I now withdrew that back to MB. Will update with results... Still awaiting my Stars withdrawal processed 5 hrs ago.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    I am just roaming around I have seen 6 or 7 posts on various forums the Pstars cheques that were cashed earlier in the week are now being returned.

I cashed out a bit via echeques yesterday, just got in my account earlier today. Phew
  • I am not sure if we are over-reacting or not either... but better safe than sorry. I just cashed out all of my Stars money to Moneybookers. I left enough to play some games tonight/this weekend.

I joined the $50+5, $70k guaranteed. There are only 753 players. I did a quick scan of the player list and did not see any Americans.
  • Cashed out 2.5k via instadebit as per philli's advice and it worked instantly :)
    Cashed out 2.5k via instadebit as per philli's advice and it worked instantly :)

woooohooooooo, awesome! Glad it worked out for ya.:wink2:
  • There are only 753 players.
    anyone know the math on how the extra prize pool gets divide $ev wise or whatever im trying to say?
  • Oh...my cashout was just a coincidence in timing. I was worried I wouldn't get it today due to the events.
  • darbday wrote: »
    anyone know the math on how the extra prize pool gets divide $ev wise or whatever im trying to say?

Same as always...number of players in the tourney determine the payout %'s. Guaranteed monies divided accordingly to %'s.
  • I am not sure if we are over-reacting or not either... but better safe than sorry. I just cashed out all of my Stars money to Moneybookers. I left enough to play some games tonight/this weekend.

I joined the $50+5, $70k guaranteed. There are only 753 players. I did a quick scan of the player list and did not see any Americans.
    There were Americans still playing in the earlier tournaments . I think after 4pm they could not register for anything.
    Still some playing on Tilt though.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Same as always...number of players in the tourney determine the payout %'s. Guaranteed monies divided accordingly to %'s.
    were talking expectations though right...? do the top players except to make more or does eveyone profit equal....no that can't be right...its a super deal for the top winning players
    Cashed out 2.5k via instadebit as per philli's advice and it worked instantly :)

What if I never deposited with Instadebit, if I sign up now will it work??

Thanks
  • If broke why don't they just start another war like they usually do?
  • Withdrew my Stars $$$ just to see if it comes through, leaving the ~$25.00 on FTP. Just love how the US government thinks they can puul this shit. They did the same thing about a month ago with ATDHE . . . a site for watching sports, PPVs, etc. Foreign owned site, based in Europe, but the USgov decided they did not like it.

Have not re-checked Canoe or other media sites, but there was nothing about any of this a few hours ago, at least not on the front pages.

Oh, and Ron?, no way in HELL this solves the US money problems. This is simply about Uncle Sam NOT getting his cut of the action. Wait and see, that is how this will shake out (or shake down, more accurately).
  • Oka!!! Oka!!!
  • ez2cy wrote: »
    If broke why don't they just start another war like they usually do?
    no more places to war, war is on homefront now
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Oka!!! Oka!!!

Durka Durka ?!?
  • I wonder when the FBI is going to raid Kahnawake?

That will be awesome

w-oka-crisis-cp-9016034.jpg
  • LOL overreactionaments.

Im going on a sick fpp shopping spree tho.