Hope this aint true, Online poker being shut down?

Comments

• I see the problem - you were trying to withdraw XX dollars. Even though the sites are now European based, I don't think they take Greek letters.

Also please refer to this situation as "COLD DECK FRIDAY". Much more appropriate. :)
  • Still sifting thru 2+2 . Another site was shut down in the US. Can't find the thread.( Warthog) or sumtin like that.

Bodog is reportedly offering US players 110% sign up Bonus and 50 to 90 % rake back.
    Americans are trying to figure out how to make a deposit and are wondering if they will ever see their monies.

Found it WOMBAT LOL
  • Full tilt seems to have their main site at fulltiltpoker.co.UK.

The mobile app is working again as well. Will check out some of the other networks now to see what they are like.
  • I played on Stars from Canada. Yesterday evening I decided to take out my money as I don't feel it's safe leaving it there. It went fine and the withdrawal was "Pending".

Today I get this email from security@pokerstars.eu

"Hello,

Your cashout has been placed on hold as we have determined that
    the funds you are cashing out originate from recent deposits made
    to your account. We are not implying any wrong doing but ask that
    you please explain the reason for cashing out these funds.

Please be aware that if we do not receive a response from you
    within 30 days, your cashout will be cancelled and your account
    frozen.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Marlon
    PokerStars Security Team"

Yes I had made a deposit a month ago and not played much but why should it make any difference?

I feel they are just trying to keep the money or that they just don't have access to most of their bank accounts. Scary.

Only 600$ but that still makes me mad.

I replied explaining the obvious reason I want my money out of there.

Just waiting to see what happens next.

Will be moving to Loto-Quebec/Play Now ASAP until things are more clear.

Any Canadian player able to withdraw successfully from Stars?
  • WOMBAT POKER - not real, it's a joke I'm pretty sure, don't get alarmed

Kazcon - your issue has nothing to do with the current situation, that's super standard. You're not allowed to withdraw funds until you've played through them (ex. if you deposit $100 you have to play 100 $1 SNGs before you can cash out). Every site does this to prevent money laundering and stuff.

That aside, I don't think any withdrawal methods are working except for instadebit at the moment.
  • Vekked - Thanks for that information. I've never cashed out like this without playing trough all my money. ;-)

Maybe I'll just have to play it.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    WOMBAT POKER - not real, it's a joke I'm pretty sure, don't get alarmed

Kazcon - your issue has nothing to do with the current situation, that's super standard. You're not allowed to withdraw funds until you've played through them (ex. if you deposit $100 you have to play 100 $1 SNGs before you can cash out). Every site does this to prevent money laundering and stuff.

That aside, I don't think any withdrawal methods are working except for instadebit at the moment.

I was not aware of this policy. If it is true it must only apply to new players or something because I have deposited $600 for reload bonuses many times and cashed it back out 48 hours later, in some cases not even puttin in any hands and still being credited with a pending bonus in my account.
  • TheBowlBoy wrote: »
    I was not aware of this policy. If it is true it must only apply to new players or something because I have deposited $600 for reload bonuses many times and cashed it back out 48 hours later, in some cases not even puttin in any hands and still being credited with a pending bonus in my account.

Don't you play a million hands a day...?
    Don't you play a million hands a day...?

millin no. thousands yes. but i have cashed out after reloading without playing a single hand in between.
  • TheBowlBoy wrote: »
    millin no. thousands yes. but i have cashed out after reloading without playing a single hand in between.

Right, then I'm guessing you had money in your already account that covered what you withdrew
  • moose wrote: »
    Lol no wonder they have gotten themselves in trouble. My cash out from pokerstars came through as 'Rational Entertainment Enterprises'.

That's the company that owns P* and all cashouts to MB have been by that name.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Finally received an email on my last Tilt withdrawal to Moneybookers, declined as below.
    Your Player ID: xxxxxxxxx
    Date and Time: 2011-04-16 14:46:54
    Transfer Number: 08214F84
    Payment Method: Moneybookers
    Amount: $xx.00 (USD)

Your withdrawal request has been declined. Please review your personal account information to ensure that it is the same as the information stored with your payment processor. You may correct any of your personal information and try again. If you are still unsuccessful, you may wish to try one of the other available withdrawal methods.

Below is the answer.
    Strange that my withdrawal for several hundred went through fine only a few hours before I started this one. I have sent an email back requesting reasons.

Ok, now if we as Canadians don't have to worry why did I get this message back from Full Tilt (UK) as a result of above?

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

Unfortunately Moneybookers is temporarily unavailable as a withdrawal method.

If you would like to withdraw funds, please try selecting an alternate method through your Cashier.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please let us know.""

Regards,

Hideki
    Full Tilt Poker Support

Now, will temporary become permanent? and forever?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    That's the company that owns P* and all cashouts to MB have been by that name.

yup this is correct, They have been using that for as long as I remember Moose.
    Cashed out 2.5k via instadebit as per philli's advice and it worked instantly :)
    philliivey wrote: »
    woooohooooooo, awesome! Glad it worked out for ya.:wink2:

Do I get 100 bucks reward? or free poker lessons? or free DJ lessons?

Or all 3 would be good too.:wink2:
  • compuease wrote: »
    Ok, now if we as Canadians don't have to worry why did I get this message back from Full Tilt (UK) as a result of above?

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

Unfortunately Moneybookers is temporarily unavailable as a withdrawal method.

If you would like to withdraw funds, please try selecting an alternate method through your Cashier.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please let us know.""

Regards,

Hideki
    Full Tilt Poker Support

Now, will temporary become permanent? and forever?

I would bet that moneybookers is the main processor and likely they have seized those accounts as said in the indictment. No doubt the options for us will be quite limited, instadebit will likely become the mainstay as I don't believe the US players had that option?
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I would bet that moneybookers is the main processor and likely they have seized those accounts as said in the indictment. No doubt the options for us will be quite limited, instadebit will likely become the mainstay as I don't believe the US players had that option?

Nope, Moneybookers is not frozen, seized or otherwise locked, at least for us Canadians. I just did a test deposit of $10. back to Tilt from MB and it worked. Tomorrow I am going to atempt to link my TD US account with MB and try and withdraw. We'll see.

Dear Jeff ,

Thank you for your recent deposit on Full Tilt Poker. Please read this email carefully and keep a copy for your records.

The details of your transaction are as follows:

Payment Method: Moneybookers
    Amount on your Statement: $10.00 (USD)
    Description on Your Statement:
    moneybookers@fulltiltpoker.com
    Deposit Amount: $10.00 (USD)
    Date and Time: 2011-04-17 11:05:19
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Do I get 100 bucks reward? or free poker lessons? or free DJ lessons?

Or all 3 would be good too.:wink2:

Hehe, what do you play these days?
  • @compuease - had the same MB issues and cancelled all my cashouts. Same thing is happening on all sites, I don't think it's an issue with MB specifically (as in there's something wrong or changed with it) so much as people realize early on that this was the quickest withdrawal method and probably EVERYONE at once tried to do it and they blocked it while things are sorting out. I'd give it a few days, for now I'm just going to keep an eye on twoplustwo until I see that things are working again and milk the 2.5k/day from instadebit while I can, lol.
  • So, update for FT still indicating to try again later.

Have seen elsewhere to go to the EU site for this instead. Does this mean re-installing the entire client overtop of my current FT client software?

This whole trip is involving alot more reading than I had planned on over the weekend and it's not even fun reading. Well, the state of panic is kind of entertaining in a strange way.
  • Can't get on FTP.....tried downloading from UK site, but my Norton is not allowing it.

says:

fulltiltsetup (1).exe.lo3jfki.partial (WS.Reputation.1)
    *This Insight Network Threat has been removed*

Anyone know how I bypass? Do I need to uninstall then reinstall?
  • I just got into FTP. No issues.

Can anyone transfer me 200-300 on FTP for EMT?

PM me with an email address if p2p transfers are working.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Can't get on FTP.....tried downloading from UK site, but my Norton is not allowing it.

says:

fulltiltsetup (1).exe.lo3jfki.partial (WS.Reputation.1)
    *This Insight Network Threat has been removed*

Anyone know how I bypass? Do I need to uninstall then reinstall?
    just shut norton down.....:-\?
  • 60k players on FTP right now...I got in with no issues.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I just got into FTP. No issues.

Can anyone transfer me 200-300 on FTP for EMT?

PM me with an email address if p2p transfers are working.

got it, thanks
  • My Stars cashout showed up in MoneyBookers this morning... so, it was about 38 hours after I initiated the withdrawal.
  • So, update for FT still indicating to try again later.

Have seen elsewhere to go to the EU site for this instead. Does this mean re-installing the entire client overtop of my current FT client software?

This whole trip is involving alot more reading than I had planned on over the weekend and it's not even fun reading. Well, the state of panic is kind of entertaining in a strange way.

A friend of mine had to uninstall and reinstall from the eu site. then it worked fine.
  • Thanks Dennis. Did this, took about 2 minutes, didn't even have to remember my password as it remembered it for me. Back up and running.

Don't know why that bothered me so much, I haven't played there in a long time.
  • The games can become significantly tougher if a lot of the American online pros decide to flee the United States of Anti-Poker so that they can TRY to continue making $100K+ in another country. While all the American fish are SOL from playing online, some of the best Supernova and FTP Red pros will be back playing. With all the US fish gone, there may not be enough fish for the many remaining sharks, and most players' win rate may go down. :arghh:

Which known American online pros have already said that they plan to move from the Nazi US? I read that up to 50% of US online pros may move, but I think it will be much less as many pros don't want to start a new life in another country and would be willing to make less money doing something else.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    So the debate begins.
    Will the games be softer, or tougher now?
    My vote: softer. What say you.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    The games can become significantly tougher if a lot of the American online pros decide to flee the United States of Anti-Poker so that they can TRY to continue making $100K+ in another country. While all the American fish are SOL from playing online, some of the best Supernova and FTP Red pros will be back playing. With all the US fish gone, there may not be enough fish for the many remaining sharks, and most players' win rate may go down. :arghh:

Which known American online pros have already said that they plan to move from the Nazi US? I read that up to 50% of US online pros may move, but I think it will be much less as many pros don't want to start a new life in another country and would be willing to make less money doing something else.

Obviously there is lots of talk about this all over 2+2 and P5 but I really wonder. How many "pro's" are there in the US that are really making significant amounts, say >$100.K per yr with online poker? Are there any statistics on that? My guess is that it is a LOT less than we think. Now whats a typical ROI for them? 10-15% ? Buyins of $1M and winnings of $1.15 M? That's a lot of rake that the sites are making. Does any player actually make money? I know I'm being a little negative there, but just playing devils advocate.