How the world really works, and its solution.

Comments

• Hey to both our credit

1: I stayed out for a good long time

and

2: I've been reading to see where it goes. Some of it is even interesting.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hey to both our credit

1: I stayed out for a good long time

and

2: I've been reading to see where it goes. Some of it is even interesting.

Mark
    perfect then feel free to comment and be sarcastic....but only here and there, don't get upset with my crazyness and derail with constant equally crazy gif's etc.

No one can offer counter info about the extent of our world history? It can't be just me because people don't know if what i say is correct.

Or we could do the origin of language its the same root.
  • A concise history of the world:

1. In the beginning, there was nothing . . .
    2. This eventually led to boredom, so the Almighty did what all of us did in our youth . . . he started playing with matches.
    3. This eventually led to a large conflagration (a big bang, if you will), the residue of which spun wildly out of control.
    4. It was with great delight that the Almighty took in the results of his horseplay, while all the time concerned about what His Dad will do when he gets home.
    5. Here we are, for the moment . . .

THE END.
  • I do believe in a supreme being and don't think the universe is accidental. Science is just our way of trying to figure out how HE put it all together.
  • Milo wrote: »
    A concise history of the world:

1. In the beginning, there was nothing . . .
    2. This eventually led to boredom, so the Almighty did what all of us did in our youth . . . he started playing with matches.
    3. This eventually led to a large conflagration (a big bang, if you will), the residue of which spun wildly out of control.
    4. It was with great delight that the Almighty took in the results of his horseplay, while all the time concerned about what His Dad will do when he gets home.
    5. Here we are, for the moment . . .

THE END.
    Yes this would be about what you were taught in school
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    I do believe in a supreme being and don't think the universe is accidental. Science is just our way of trying to figure out how HE put it all together.
    I don't disagree however we can get a lot more accurate, and calling the supreme a being and a he are certainly remnants of Judiac/christian belief.

moses-parting-red-sea.jpg

The history of the world around the time of Jesus can be a little hard to trace and slightly tricky to source. We have the old testament, the Jewish bible, that talks in great detail about ancient time. Unfortunately we can only verify parts of the story and its only the parts of the story that seem credible. In the mix of the stuff we can verify are many feats and stories with no archaeological evidence to support, stories such as moses spreading the sea.

So the bible maybe completely true, or it maybe many true facts mixed with complete fabrications.

The bible talks about a time when the Jews were slaves under Pharaoh, and led to freedom by Moses who then brought 10 commandments down from a mountain that were written by the hand of God. He also proclaimed that God had created the Jews as his chosen people and that Israel was their holy land and God given right. This was fortunate timing for them because they had no where to live at the time.

Now we couple this with some of the earliest historical records we have The Histories, written by a Greek, which I guess is what we refer to as Classic antiquity, its definitely possible there are some less than factual events and description in this as well.

But what we are concerned with is the period before this: prehistory. The bible gave people the understanding that man was created shortly before this period. But we now know this is no where near true.

TLDR: The bible tells how the Jews were slaves under Pharaoh, Moses freed them by separating water, and God admitted they were his chosen people and gave them their holy land, which was just in time because they had no where to go.

But what about this giant hole prehistory?

Now we have to talk about how you keep a group under slavery.
    What are the pillars of a civilization
    What happens to a civilization when its taken over.
    The origins of man and civilizations before our recorded history
  • are you saying the bible is wrong?
  • costanza wrote: »
    are you saying the bible is wrong?
    we won't need to make a conclusion in that regard for this. You see we only want to use facts from history that everyone will agree on.
  • darbday wrote: »
    we won't need to make a conclusion in that regard for this. You see we only want to use facts from history that everyone will agree on.

You are using "facts" to describe "history" when talking about the Old Testament? And you want everyone to agree on it? You think the bible is completely true? or maybe truth mixed with some fabrications? I'd love for you to list a few factual accounts from the Old Testament please.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    You are using "facts" to describe "history" when talking about the Old Testament? And you want everyone to agree on it? You think the bible is completely true? or maybe truth mixed with some fabrications? I'd love for you to list a few factual accounts from the Old Testament please.
    No you see we can't list them as facts. But we can truthfully say 'the bible says this' etc. We can talk about what the bible says and the things we've dug up. Just we can't say the bible says this so it is true.

So what I'm saying is we can't use everything, only the things everyone will basically agree on, but that will be plenty enough.

Also I was banned last week for being 'anti Semitic' so I think you haven't been paying attention ;)
    Just we can't say the bible says this so it is true.

yes, we fucking can.

so my whole up bringing and religious belief is subject to you saying everything in the bible isnt true? And that my beliefs aren't pure?

isthisreallife.jpg

om guessing you are atheist ???
    yes, we fucking can.

so my whole up bringing and religious belief is subject to you saying everything in the bible isnt true? And that my beliefs aren't pure?

isthisreallife.jpg

om guessing you are atheist ???
    Im not saying it isn't true, I'm saying I cannot verify that it is true.
  • lol, just a ton of hyperbole, rhetoric and misdirection in this thread... I'm just not sure who's trolling who.. >:D
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol, just a ton of hyperbole, rhetoric and misdirection in this thread... I'm just not sure who's trolling who.. >:D
    you didn't give an example?

Most of the posts with the Yoda avatar, about 50% of the Beer Aid avatar, and a few others as well.

lol, there's a misdirection...

Also, if common agreement is your standard for accepting a historical fact, what is the threshold? How many are required to believe something before it is historical "fact"? Hundreds . . . thousands . . . Wiki?

I can think of certain historical situations where wildly divergent "facts" have wide acceptance.
  • I love Louis del Grande . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Also, if common agreement is your standard for accepting a historical fact, what is the threshold? How many are required to believe something before it is historical "fact"? Hundreds . . . thousands . . . Wiki?
    I don't need to find that number, I'm confident we can do this with out anyone disagreeing with anything.
    I can think of certain historical situations where wildly divergent "facts" have wide acceptance.
    Agree, we won't use any of these.

This will be the one presentation that doesn't fall subject to these kinds of issues.
    I don't need to find that number, I'm confident we can do this with out anyone disagreeing with anything.

Yes, because you have managed such comprehensive agreement so far . . .

Agree, we won't use any of these.

Aaahhh, so we are going to pick and choose our facts? That makes no sense.

This will be the one presentation that doesn't fall subject to these kinds of issues.

Issues like accuracy?
  • Originally Posted by darbday viewpost.gif

Yes, because you have managed such comprehensive agreement so far . . .
    We had problems when people thought the earth went around the sun and not the other way around.
    Aaahhh, so we are going to pick and choose our facts? That makes no sense.
    No we will pick only facts, or is that too truthful for you, and therefore scary? If you want to add facts thats fine.
    Milo wrote: »
    Issues like accuracy?
    again you don't quote anything that I was inaccurate with. You're so clever at pointing out nothing.
  • 220px-Rosetta_Stone.JPG

The Rosetta stone is an important discovery in our history. The Rosetta stone is a decree written in 3 different languages, 1 Greek that we could read and 2 Egyptian languages that we previously couldn't decipher. Eventually someone pointed out that all 3 languages spell out the same decree so from this discovery we were eventually able to transcribe Ancient Egyptian text/hieroglyphs etc. With out the stone we would still be in the dark with them. The stone was found in the ruins of a salvaged building....that is when a civilization is taken over, the old stone is used to build new buildings. Before this, the oldest accounts we had and accepted were essentially the bible.

This concept will be important when we try to go prehistory.
  • Joda, u ever heard of the "sea scrolls" ?
  • So now we look at a lost civilization, I can't even remember if this is the correct one, but every so often we find a civilization that we didn't know existed. I believe the Hittites are one such people I'm thinking about.

The Lords of Hattusa 1/6 - YouTube

How does this happen? When a civilizations records are destroyed and no surrounding civilizations recognize they existed, the civilization disappears. This is important to understand that losing a war etc. could mean deletion from history. This is important to understand along side the pillars of what makes a civilization, things such as economy, government, education, reading/writing, language and religion.

Anyways I think its the Hittites I'm thinking....they were a civilizations that were previously thought to have not existed.
    Joda, u ever heard of the "sea scrolls" ?

800px-Qumran.jpeg
    The dead sea scrolls, we mentioned them earlier. These manuscripts have been dated to various ranges between 408 BCE and 318 CE.[3] biblical documents found between 1946 and 1956. The bible had been slightly misinterpreted by the monarchy to sort of support a slavery under kings and queens. When the dead sea scrolls were found we were able to verify which translations of the old testament were correct and which were off. Nonetheless I believe they are written in Sanskrit ( i could be wrong edit: They are written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Nabataean, mostly on parchment, but with some written on papyrus and bronze.), and we have problems with whether or not translations themselves are correct.

But a good question with good timing to my last post. You see if the Jews history was deleted by being conquered, hiding and later finding the dead sea scrolls would ensure their history was not deleted.
  • okok...

im actually going to bring my mother into this thread.... this is the type of stuff that she knows all about... just be respectful please.
    You're so clever at pointing out nothing.

Lol.
  • Pompeii_the_last_day_1.jpg

Pompeii is known for being wiped out by Mount Vesuvius. Herculaneum is a lesser known town that was irradicated from the same eruption at the same time. At this period in history people would have been saying "Did you hear about Pompeii? GONE!!!" If one of the towns wasn't liked, people could just choose to never speak of it. Herculaneum was pretty much forgotten, well we learn about that tragedy of Pompeii in school but rarely of Herculaneum. If i recall correctly Herculaneum hasn't been fully excavated. But people did so fast they were hudled in groups covering there children.

When Pompeii was dug up they made plaster castes of the voids made from people bodies and their instantaneous deaths:

Pompeii_Garden_of_the_Fugitives_02.jpg
    okok...

im actually going to bring my mother into this thread.... this is the type of stuff that she knows all about... just be respectful please.
    ut oh, this could get real interesting, real fast...
  • compuease wrote: »
    ut oh, this could get real interesting, real fast...

He will not be allowed to hang out with us anymore after she reads this...
This discussion has been closed.