Options

Ashamed to be Canadian....

Comments

• Hobbes wrote: »
    You stated that "these homeless people did not have the same upbringing or education as others"
    Fact is many homeless suffer from mental illness, so your hypothesis is that upbringing .
    i think you are using logic to infer something i wasn't trying to infer....maybe i still don't understand....

maybe this makes sense... i believe....with no facts....if you see a homeless person they are a matter of circumstance...they didn't choose that....don't have the mental capacity for change....darwin if you will...

its not cause and effect .....they are the same....

sorry i think you mean that im saying mental illness can't be the cause ever...its not.....its a society thats leaves these people without a home.....by definition is it not?

we are looking for the cause...by stats or studies but its obvious.....its us....we live in a world where some people don't get home...and we accept that..
  • darbday wrote: »
    maybe i still don't understand....
    Eureka!!! You got it...
  • No . . . in this society we attempt to redress that through our social safety net.
  • Okay, I am in tears here, but this is no longer productive . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay, I am in tears here, but this is no longer productive . . .

It never had a chance, but was entertaining...
  • Damn

I actually trolled through all 17 pages of "White People Problems".

Though, now I can think of a few song lyrics that are relevant... let's start with Todd Snider....

"You oughta hear the shit that I get from my daughter
    she says that she can't stand the sight of the car I bought her"

"man the way things are they just don't seem right
    all the white people talking 'bout the hope and the light
    there ain't no hope in sam levy just guns and drugs
    we ain't building bridges we're just training thugs"
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay, I am in tears here, but this is no longer productive . . .

This entire thread hasn't been productive.... forboon is like a black hole of feedback

Mark
  • City of Toronto has served the Occupy group with a lawful eviction notice today, with a midnight deadline. It will be interesting to see if the folks in the park respect the rule of law from their end, as much as they are demanding it from the Civil Authority, namely:

The notice states that Occupy will continue to be able to protest, but they will not be able to live in the park. This follows with what NYC and other jurisdictions have done, and does not infringe on anyone's Right to peacefully assemble and protest

After receiving their Notice of Eviction, Organizers announced that they will be throwing a party in the park, and are encouraging people to come out and have a good time. Party is set to begin at midnight . . . hmmm.

After receiving their Notice of Eviction, Organizers took delivery of dozens of tires . . . hmmm some more.

It seems to me that the Occupy folks are setting things up so that they can appear to be the aggrieved party when the Police are required to evict them from the premises, ending their illegal occupation of the park. Rather than take the time to peacefully disassemble what they peacefully built, they seem ready to take a stand, which I can respect. What I will not give much credence to will be the inevitable claims of brutality, real or imagined, that will no doubt come as a result of ther Police enforcing the law.

What the Occupiers fail to realize is that the issue being resolved by this eviction is NOT about silencing their voices. It is about balancing the conflicting Rights of ALL citizens in the surrounding area who are affected by those voices.

It will be an interesting night . . .
  • It seems that Occupy Toronto has won an injunction against the city eviction notice. It will be interesting to see if the authorities respect the rule of law so that a judge can look at the case.

I say let the courts decide. Hopefully both sides abide by the judge's decision, whatever that may be.

Occupy Toronto protesters get eviction reprieve - Canada - CBC News
    This is gross, and shameful.....on Veterans day....why?

What a sick city....sick mayor...sick police force.......

You ought to be ashsmed: in Canada it's Remembrance Day.

16 pages and that's all I got.

and LMAO @ the whitepeopleproblems photos.

Oh, and +1 to basically everything Milo said.
  • TammiM68 wrote: »
    Vous ought to be ashsmed: in Canada it's Remembrance Day.

16 pages and that's all I got.

and LMAO @ the whitepeopleproblems photos.

Oh, and +1 to basically everything Milo said.
    :p
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    glee-rerun.jpg

HAHAHAHA, wait Kristy was a glee fan right?:D

More pics of girls!:wink2:
  • Journalists being arrested in new york the news said..

now would be the time for every city to simultaneously sweep and start taking out the tents...they can't do it separately because each movement will claim foul compared to the rest of the protests be allowed to continue. But this also helps the cause as cities act together because the occupiers get to re act together as global whole....i realize these lines haven't been define so much but i think the recent event will do that....meaning governments will act together so then so will the movements....

When they decide to remove the tents...are they really concerned about public safety...or are they trying to make it harder for the protesters to continue? Sure we could argue both sides but it think its clear many people are 'sick of it' and cities are lookin for any constitutional ways to stop the protests......

but i still think the majority of people are thinking this will go away....i think this will be the last moment where government realize this will have to be dealt with...and not by arresting people....because they will just come back....

i see and hear a lot of people say that they are glad we are finally putting a stop to this but i can't help but think "you not even smart enough to realize that its not going to go away.." ( not directed at anyone here.

surely we know that any oppression by the government is only going to fuel the fire ....but the governments don't think twice about doing that?

as quick as they realize the movement won't go away out the militarys will come....

the only solution the government has or the people who don't agree with the protests message.....is to stir the hornets nest until the people agree to release the milirty upon ourselves...

and i will admit something .....that because there is no clear message...no leader...no demands.....there can be no mediations...
  • Occupiers gonna occupy... at least until they lose interest, which will happen soon enough... This will end...

but there will be other protests, as there has been since the beginning of time...

All so predictable...
  • Why would they lose interest? Not like they have anything better to do, like really looking for jobs and not have stuff handed to them.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Why would they lose interest? Not like they have anything better to do, like really looking for jobs and not have stuff handed to them.
    in my town the teachers protesting have jobs....

but unemployment on a large scale caused by unfair economic condition on a global scale is one of the issues....

this issue is couple with a looming but i think inevitable double dip recession...

this civil uprising was caused in large part by not having enough jobs anymore...by cutbacks and the like....
    in my town the teachers protesting have jobs....

but unemployment on a large scale caused by unfair economic condition on a global scale is one of the issues....

this issue is couple with a looming but i think inevitable double dip recession...

this civil uprising was caused in large part by not having enough jobs anymore...by cutbacks and the like....

And how would you create more jobs? More corporate tax?
  • compuease wrote: »
    And how would you create more jobs? More corporate tax?
    im not blaming anyone, or giving a solution just saying thats whats happening....

and as for more corporate tax....these corps don't really pay tax...i mean they do but the general pop doesn't realize that taxes are for the worker class not the rich......

rich evade taxes which is part of the reason they are rich....they do this through legal loopholes that working class do not have access to....

as for creating more jobs...i guess we are afraid nothing will get done if we aren't all forced to work.......
    and as for more corporate tax....these corps don't really pay tax...i mean they do but the general pop doesn't realize that taxes are for the worker class not the rich......

rich evade taxes which is part of the reason they are rich....they do this through legal loopholes that working class do not have access to....
    Are you really that nieve? And again, you have no answers, no ideas, no suggestions... Just complaints...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Are you really that nieve? And again, you have no answers, no ideas, no suggestions... Just complaints...
    what are we reffering to in this quote when we say nieve? because if its about what i said about tax....that stuff is true....

and as for no suggestions......i do have one.....admit we have a problem....and find the source of it....together as a whole...humanity....

but people won't admit it.....we just keep asking "well what the hell would we do about it, anarchy? Well thats stupid so theres no hope...therefore theres no problem and screw anyone who says there is"

i keep getting flamed for not giving a concrete solution to the problem...thats not whats needed....

light on the issues is needed and support for the movement of youthful (in spirit) intelligent humans...coming together without boundaries....to make REAL change in this world.....

to not let politics, economies, boundaries, religion, race, naysayers or anything stand in the way....

they don't have a message to oppose, they don't have demands to disagree with, they simply hold a candle that says....we believe in a better world....

oppose the use of parks and stuff like that maybe....but the movement....is something we should all support......it has potential to bring peace to the world...and i don't think anything else does....

I also remembered something else thats kind of a loaded question but i think its relevant...

not sure when they used the saying 'the war to end all wars'......

but if anyone was around for that....did you really believe that it was possible...to end war with war?
  • Your not answering questions so I'm not... Answer a question with a question... doomed to obscurity... g'nite Darb.. you really have no idea...