Options

Ashamed to be Canadian....

Comments

• Thank you for clarifying . . . and, apropos of nothing, while we wait for the court to decide . . . I give you Abbott and Costello

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook
  • milo wrote: »
    thank you for clarifying . . . And, apropos of nothing, while we wait for the court to decide . . . I give you abbott and costello

leaving facebook... | facebook

lol :D:D:D
  • For those saying grammar and spelling aren't appropriate to comment on are wrong, especially when the grammar and spelling don't allow you to express your opinions coherently. I'm still pretty new to the forum so I don't have any bias towards any of the people posting in this thread but I definitely found myself being frustrated by: 1) the difficulty of trying to read his posts and 2) by the time I deciphered his posts, it didn't really seem like he was saying anything.

I mean, for someone who's written university papers, it really shouldn't be that difficult to post something clear and comprehensible.

I'm still pretty indifferent about the whole movement. I do find myself being irritated by the most vocal people supporting it. The guy in that youtube video seems pretty uneducated to me, imo. Diagnosing his own dislocated shoulders, jaw, broken wrist and a concussion is pretty ridiculous.
  • I'm still pretty new to the forum so I don't have any bias towards any of the people posting in this thread
    amen....
    Diagnosing his own dislocated shoulders, jaw, broken wrist and a concussion is pretty ridiculous.
    dislocated shoulders are obvious and people know...ask anyone whos shoulder comes out...jaw is much the same but obv harder to diagnose specifically....i'm willing to bet he fractured his wrist....and a concussion has a sliding scale...being drowsy from a hit to the head is a full on concussion...

but im not really arguing for anything there tho....
  • I'm still pretty new to the forum so I don't have any bias towards any of the people posting in this thread
    amen....
    For those saying grammar and spelling aren't appropriate to comment on are wrong,
    you have a correct tone tho....saying hey can you make your writing more readable is valid.....but attacking it is not so valid i think
    by: 1) the difficulty of trying to read his posts and 2) by the time I deciphered his posts, it didn't really seem like he was saying anything.
    number 2 is perhaps correct but not the same issue i think :p
    I mean, for someone who's written university papers, it really shouldn't be that difficult to post something clear and comprehensible.
    yes im lax online and i expect others are too. Also most of this thread i was playing 12 tables and 1 was a ft with a 10k payout structure. So yes I can ace a uni essay. Also i get spell check and others to check my work as its not my strongest point.

Diagnosing his own dislocated shoulders, jaw, broken wrist and a concussion is pretty ridiculous.
    dislocated shoulders are obvious and people know...ask anyone whos shoulder comes out...jaw is much the same but obv harder to diagnose specifically....i'm willing to bet he fractured his wrist....and a concussion has a sliding scale...being drowsy from a hit to the head is a full on concussion...

• Anybody else wonder why, for a group of folks opposed to our current form of democracy, the first thing most of them did was to form various committees to take care of things. Now they have Media liaison people (press secretary), training for passive resistance (Ministry of Defence), etc. . . . why it's almost like . . . like a . . . a government. Oh the ironing.
  • Tonight would be a good night to blow out the sprinklers for the winter. :D
  • Milo wrote: »
    Anybody else wonder why, for a group of folks opposed to our current form of democracy, the first thing most of them did was to form various committees to take care of things. Now they have Media liaison people (press secretary), training for passive resistance (Ministry of Defence), etc. . . . why it's almost like . . . like a . . . a government. Oh the ironing.
    i agree with you here wholeheartedly...
  • For those saying grammar and spelling aren't appropriate to comment on are wrong, especially when the grammar and spelling don't allow you to express your opinions coherently. I'm still pretty new to the forum so I don't have any bias towards any of the people posting in this thread but I definitely found myself being frustrated by: 1) the difficulty of trying to read his posts and 2) by the time I deciphered his posts, it didn't really seem like he was saying anything.

I'm still pretty indifferent about the whole movement. I do find myself being irritated by the most vocal people supporting it. The guy in that youtube video seems pretty uneducated to me, imo. Diagnosing his own dislocated shoulders, jaw, broken wrist and a concussion is pretty ridiculous.

Grammar fail.

C'mon man!
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Grammar fail.

C'mon man!

wp, sir . . . wp indeed.
  • darbday wrote: »
    yes im lax online and i expect others are too. Also most of this thread i was playing 12 tables and 1 was a ft with a 10k payout structure. So yes I can ace a uni essay. Also i get spell check and others to check my work as its not my strongest point.
    Spelling is meh. It's more the grammar that gets me unless the spelling is really horrid. Punctuation goes a long way to help make something readable.
    dislocated shoulders are obvious and people know...ask anyone whos shoulder comes out...jaw is much the same but obv harder to diagnose specifically....i'm willing to bet he fractured his wrist....and a concussion has a sliding scale...being drowsy from a hit to the head is a full on concussion..
    Dislocated shoulders can be pretty obvious if you've actually had one or know what to look for. I'm not sure this guy does. My argument with this is, if he really had a dislocated shoulder, the police probably would have taken him straight to the hospital or he would have gone there right after being released from the police department. You get pretty obvious visual deformities with dislocated shoulders and I find it hard to believe the police would have ignored someone with two of them. If he actually had one (or two) dislocated shoulders, he should probably be filing a lawsuit.

His jaw looks fine from the video and he's just too comfortable. A dislocated jaw would be pretty painful, he shouldn't be able to close his mouth, and he'd be having difficulties with speech.

He may or may not have a wrist fracture or concussion. He doesn't talk about any of the symptoms so it's impossible to say without more information. Based on his comments about the dislocated shoulders and jaw, I'd be willing to bet against the concussion. He just seems like a baby to me.

Fwiw, I do have a medical degree (granted, I haven't had it for a very long time) so I do have some idea of what I'm talking about.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Grammar fail.

C'mon man!
    Hahaha. :(
  • Milo wrote: »
    wp, sir . . . wp indeed.
    :-\ pointing out grammar error >> pointing out grammar error >> pointing out grammar error >>> ...
  • Pffftt . . . GTA is borderline illiterate, anyway, so it's all good.

• His jaw looks fine from the video and he's just too comfortable. A dislocated jaw would be pretty painful, he shouldn't be able to close his mouth, and he'd be having difficulties with speech.

He may or may not have a wrist fracture or concussion. He doesn't talk about any of the symptoms so it's impossible to say without more information. Based on his comments about the dislocated shoulders and jaw, I'd be willing to bet against the concussion. He just seems like a baby to me.

Fwiw, I do have a medical degree (granted, I haven't had it for a very long time) so I do have some idea of what I'm talking about.
    I boxed for years... and teach people how to dislocate joints :p
    I boxed for years... and teach people how to dislocate joints :p

Winning
    I boxed for years...

That explains a lot. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    That explains a lot. :D
    damn...i was gonna show a pic of ali slipping a punch and be like ...does it?

....but then i remembered....:-\

I have been looking in to this thread for a few days now (I can only handle a couple pages of inanity at a time), but now that it has turned to a grammar/punctuation thread I just have to say...

Darb! Ending a sentence requires a period. Notice that I said "period" and not "periods". I don't know why but it's seriously tilting the fuck out of me. Now perhaps your last line above is supposed to be a lingering thought, although if I could decipher what you were trying to say it would be easier to tell, in which case you have a fairly proper use of an ellipsis as I did to end the paragraph above. Congrats on that, I guess.
  • I have been looking in to this thread for a few days now (I can only handle a couple pages of inanity at a time), but now that it has turned to a grammar/punctuation thread I just have to say...

Darb! Ending a sentence requires a period. Notice that I said "period" and not "periods". I don't know why but it's seriously tilting the fuck out of me. Now perhaps your last line above is supposed to be a lingering thought, although if I could decipher what you were trying to say it would be easier to tell, in which case you have a fairly proper use of an ellipsis as I did to end the paragraph above. Congrats on that, I guess.

Level 5 grammar levels?
  • I have been looking in to this thread for a few days now (I can only handle a couple pages of inanity at a time), but now that it has turned to a grammar/punctuation thread I just have to say...

I don't think I like periods because then you have to press the shift key and make a capital letter. Like wtf is that? Why does it need a capitol? does it skew the meaning if make it small case?

As for the end of the paragraph I don't think its appropriate for me to use a period when I didn't do it the entire time. And same goes for 'I' instead of 'i' ....do it just to do it i guess?

Am I allowed to use abbreviations...? And INTERNET slang? What about indentations....who gets to decide all this....:p
  • uh....did he say monstanto?

these protesters are not 'kids'... but more importantly there are people in this world that don't ever have food...they don't have water to walk to....they don't have shelter they don't get anything... these protesters are sticking up for them....this guy doesn't seem think that kind of thing exists.....

there are homeless people protesting that never had ipods or any of the shit he named.....

that was really gross....but it doesn't matter....it can't be extinguished.....tomorrow is a simultaneous world march... should be interesting....
  • Now, does this tie in?

Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes - Nov. 16, 2011

Perhaps there is some common ground between the 99% and the 1% which these people appear to be..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Now, does this tie in?

Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes - Nov. 16, 2011

Perhaps there is some common ground between the 99% and the 1% which these people appear to be..
    millionaires dodge tax through legal loopholes.....taxes were invented to seem like they tax the rich hard but they tax the middle class the hardest....people who make around 100k get taxed the hardest....people who are millionaires...laugh at taxes.....

this isn't conspiracy...its one of the differences between middle class and wealthy...

but these people aren't really the 1 percent....

Think of the people who own or run the world bank...and the people who decide the tax laws....etc.
  • Warren Buffet isn't part of the 1%?
  • You realize a gross income of about $400k puts you in the top 1% of wage earners in the US right?

Think of the people who own or run the world bank...and the people who decide the tax laws....etc.

FAQs - About The World Bank
  • compuease wrote: »
    Warren Buffet isn't part of the 1%?
    not eactly sure.....but I don't really call him a millionaire....

???
  • You realize a gross income of about $400k puts you in the top 1% of wage earners in the US right?
    yes but they certainly aren't the focus here...

we are talking about people with enough money and power to tell a people they no longer have access to water....they have to pay for it...with money not invented......this kind of 1%

not america's top wage earners.....