Options

Ashamed to be Canadian....

191011121315»

Comments

• Well . . . except that Stewart is funny on purpose rather than by accident or ironically . . .
  • darbday wrote: »
    yes all your life you were taught you can question your government...but never the system behind it.....and if anyone does you are taught to aggressively.defend the very system that taught you to defend it...

No, actually, I was taught about numerous different systems, governments and political ideals. Then, using my teeny tiny brain, it was up to me to decide what was good, bad or ugly. The system didn't teach me to defend anything. My parents taught me to defend what I believe in. Did they give me specific beliefs? Actually, no. They taught me from very early on that they had their own beliefs and it was up to me to decide what my beliefs were. Believe me, there's been some seriously fun dinner table discussions.

maybe admitting it won't ever lead to solving it...but you can't solve something you don't admit and don't define....

as for dissolving it and re creating it ....thats my point....its just more of the same....its not change...

I never said don't admit there is a problem. I said that it won't simply fix itself by admitting there is one. The first step to fixing any problem is admitting there is one, but that isn't the last step, which is what you appear to keep proposing. I'm one of the more hippy type people on this forum (I believe, although Johnnie is quite the tree hugger when he's had a few) and I'm all for positive energy into the universe creating a better universe. However, it's not the universe that is going to fix things for us if we think happy thoughts. It's still up to us, as individuals first, then as small groups, larger groups, countries and then the world as a whole, to make these changes.

so you don't really know who is protesting do you? and before you say you do and tell me why ....know that i will come back at you with a list of celebrities, politicians, teachers, unions, rich people, elderly...and people like david suziki....

By all means, drop a list of credible names on there that actually are protesting. Not ones appearing on television in support of it. I mean the ones that are sitting in the tents not actually doing anything. Those are the ones I was calling lazy.

Also, name dropping David Suzuki, c'mon man. That's such an obvious ploy to try end things without using any real information.

Also, you never answered my question, which seems to be a running theme of this thread. Are you with a credit union or a bank?
    See bolded.
  • im with a bank....credit union canceled my account
  • darbday wrote: »
    im with a bank....credit union canceled my account

Ummm... not to pry but wtf?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Ummm... not to pry but wtf?
    ^-^
  • Ok. Well, in all seriousness, there's more than one credit union out there. As I said, if you want to get rid of the big bank mentality of the world, you need to get away from the big bank itself.
  • Credit Unions, FTW, baby . . . cerb, I want in on the next family dinner.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Credit Unions, FTW, baby . . . cerb, I want in on the next family dinner.

Current plan is for dad and brother to meet me in T.O. next November for the 100th Grey Cup so it's a possibility.

Mom was never in on the conversation or at least not very often as she was plotting her escape route away from us :)
  • Sounds like our family . . . and I may be able to wangle tickets to the Saturday Grey Cup bash. Last time it was in T.O. I got 8 tix to the party on the Saturday night. What a great time. If an can work it out, are you interested?
  • I'm embarrassed to be Canadian because nobody in my country will STFU about hockey and I hate it.
  • ryanghall wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed to be Canadian because nobody in my country will STFU about hockey and I hate it.

Then Mommy lied to you . . . you are decidedly NOT Canadian.
  • I truly hope this guy ends up in jail, but this was to funny not to post . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    I truly hope this guy ends up in jail, but this was to funny not to post . . .

Agreed, and as far as I have read this guy was a campus security cop, not a city cop... Still, hang im, no excuse..
  • Bang on . . . if you've watched the video there are some serious WTF moments beyond the whole pepper spraying incident. For instance, wtf is the point of giving campus cops paintball guns? There in America, ferChrissakes . . . I would be willing to bet at least one of those students was packing something a little heavier than an iPhone, even if it was in CA.
  • Honestly I have no real idea what the occupiers goal is.

What are they hoping to accomplish? Is it basically "We want more money."?

South park - We want more money! - YouTube

Occupy Vancouver was rather silly..should have gone in and seen it once.
  • I live close to the Toronto park they occupied up until today. Glad it's all over. Now the masses of cops can get out of my neighbourhood. Never had a single problem with the protesters besides trying to understand what 80% of them were talking about, but the cops harassed the people who actually live here. Twice they were in my condo driveway just hanging out (without permission from any board member) and would ask the people driving in where they were going in very accusatory tones. It's a dead fucking end! you can only go into the under ground. They were just trying to act like they were actually doing something more than just being caught loitering where they didn't belong.

so good riddance to those under educated, bloated ego (and waistline) twits. To serve and protect ....right, to be a self righteous assholes more like it.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    so good riddance to those under educated, bloated ego (and waistline) twits. To serve and protect ....right, to be a self righteous assholes more like it.

Hippie...... :p
  • compuease wrote: »
    Hippie...... :p

LOL, I love far too few people and am too much of a bastard to be a hippie,
  • Now THIS effort of the occupy movement I support as long as it's altruistic.

Now it's 'Occupy foreclosed homes' - CNN.com
  • Not an issue to me... I totally disgree that the Middle East (Arab Spring, etc) bares any relationship to the North American occupy protestors. The NA group is just piggy backing of the blood sweat and tears of a legitimate issue.
    Time is foolish if they call them the same issue.