PokerStars VIP Rep thread.

1234568»

Comments

• And now it's hit the main PokerNews site. Does "unforeseen" mean that that the legal team of a 5 billion dollar venture missed that those they were getting in bed with might not like it, or does it mean this kind of info is on a need to know basis & we don't need to know?
  • Hey everyone:

1. Due to unforeseen circumstances, PokerStars has withdrawn their branding from the event.
    :
    Hi guys,

I can confirm that due to unforeseen circumstances, PokerStars will not be continuing its participation in the upcoming festival. The tournament will continue as planned as the "Playground Festival of Poker" [sic] and we will be honoring our previous commitment to players and satellite winners. No other PokerStars services in Canada are affected.
    :
    Lee Jones wrote:
    Hi folks -
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, PokerStars will not be continuing its participation in the upcoming festival. However the tournament will continue as planned as the "Playground Festival of Poker" [sic] and we will, of course, honor our previous commitment to players and satellite winners. No other PokerStars services in Canada are affected.

Best regards,
    Lee Jones

PokerStars Head of Poker Communications
    PokerStars Teams Up with the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open Championship

Latest news release:
    "Oh hai players:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, you can now buy-in to Seminole Hard Rock for August 28/29/30, but you are SOL for the ex-PokerStars "Playground Poker Montreal Festival" on August 29-31.

BTW, real money play on PokerStars is not allowed while physically located within Seminole or USA under any circumstances.

Best Regards,
    Unforeseen Circumstances"
  • Having a convo on FB and been reading the 2+2 threads as well, figure only fair to add this. Maybe rec players should withdraw funds & buy Amaya shares for max potential of an ROI...

(In reply to it not being simple and a full explanation causing book losses or run on bank, whether warranted or not) - Again you nailed. Which is again why I've seen many poster say their approach is a bit condescending. The one thing someone finally did post that buys them some slack in my own opinions, and you've basically said the same thing in, is the because of the merger it would be risky they find themselves in hot water in the public trading area - explaining future plans might drive stocks etc, or like your casual player effect, cause a run on the bank. It just seems incredibly tacky to pull out players last minute as many players have flat out said their involvement in Montreal help set their plans in terms of the prestige they expected attached to the trip. I guess with the GTD to cover, they would be hesitant to now give the player the option of pulling out themselves due to the "unforeseen circumstances" of Stars pulling out, they will honor the seat but will they honor a refund now that it is not the event they were playing for?