PokerStars VIP Rep thread.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to the PFC community. I'm the PokerStars VIP Coordinator for Eastern Canada. I'm also a fellow Canuck, based out of Montreal. I'm looking forward to contributing to the forums around here, and help out with any PokerStars related questions or issues that may arise. I'm a former professional player myself, so I can definitely relate to both the recreational and more serious players.

Looking forward to being part of the community, and a big thanks to Jesse for letting me post here.

I'd be happy to answer any questions in this thread.

Cheers,

Dylan C
P♠kerStars

Comments

• First

Hi and welcome.

Question......

Why are you rigged?

;)
  • Welcome and good to see PS reaching out while "others" run away.
  • First

Hi and welcome.

Question......

Why are you rigged?

;)

Stars ain't rigged, Mole . . . they just hate Habs fans . . . :D

Welcome to the site.
  • NAPT one time for east Canada
  • Welcome.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Feedback I get from you will be passed along to the Poker Team or responsible department, so feel free to bounce ideas off me.

Dylan C
  • Welcome.... and why does Stars hate me? I'm really quite lovable... Well maybe not......
  • as wetts said, bring napt to east canada!
  • Welcome and please speak to the doomswitch the department....can I be relieved of such headaches LOL

Great to see Pokerstars on PFC!!
  • Welcome Dylan - nice to see you guys reaching out finally after my failed attempts to reach out to you guys in the past
  • Please roll back to your sit n go changes that had the blind levels and structure like your competitor that is not in business at the moment, also let us register for more than 1 at a time!.
  • Hi.

Why is it that whenever I have pocket Kings there is always an Ace on the flop?

I will die happy if I can know the answer to this question. :)
  • It seems to me on pokerstars, late in any tourney when you are short stacked and your all in with the best hand and at risk, it seems that no matter what or 95% of the time the worst hand always sucks out. This happens so much that it seems like its done on purpose, just so the tournament will end. This drives me crazy. Don't get me wrong it's nice when you hit that 5% chance and you win. But it just seems like it happens a lot to me. Once I had Aces against this guy who was priced to call because the blinds where so big, he had 8 3 os and wouldn't you know it he flops two pair, I couldn't improve and once again I'm out in 97th or whatever place it was. All in all pokerstars is a great site, I just wanted to get that off my chest
  • We must have a special on tin foil hats running at the moment.. :)
  • welcome!

so how did pokerstars know that i was sending emails to full tilt recommending they begin a "leaderboard" of sorts with payouts to the top players for sngs, and then a couple months later pokerstars started their battle of the planets sngs? i mean, are you guys just psychic?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    NAPT one time for east Canada
    as wetts said, bring napt to east canada!

I will pass this interest on to those running the Live events.
    trigs wrote: »
    welcome!

so how did pokerstars know that i was sending emails to full tilt recommending they begin a "leaderboard" of sorts with payouts to the top players for sngs, and then a couple months later pokerstars started their battle of the planets sngs? i mean, are you guys just psychic?

Great minds think alike?

I wanted to ask if you guys had any suggestions for improving the Billionth hand promotions. During the promotion, would something like adding a VPPs counter to calculate your accrued VPPs at each table help? Another idea being considered is slowing down the dealing for the actual Milestone hands.

Thanks for any input on this or suggestions.

Dylan C
  • I will pass this interest on to those running the Live events.

Great minds think alike?

I wanted to ask if you guys had any suggestions for improving the Billionth hand promotions. During the promotion, would something like adding a VPPs counter to calculate your accrued VPPs at each table help? Another idea being considered is slowing down the dealing for the actual Milestone hands.

Thanks for any input on this or suggestions.

Dylan C

Quite frankly, most of us play tournaments and SNGs, so the billionth hand promotions don't affect us. Would be nice to see something for the millionth SNG or something like that.
  • I have a question.... How do I get a job with Stars so I can quit my real life job?!!?! :mad:
  • reibs wrote: »
    I have a question.... How do I get a job with Stars so I can quit my real life job?!!?! :mad:

I don't get it?? Why not just play poker for a living?
    I have a question.... How do I get a job with Stars so I can quit my real life job?!!?! :mad:

Poker Careers - Online Poker Jobs at Pokerstars - Get a Poker Job
  • I don't get it?? Why not just play poker for a living?

Cause welfare pays better. :D
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    NAPT one time for west Canada

Fixed
  • as wetts said, bring napt to western canada!

Another error fixed
  • Please get the NAPT to Fallsview.

Also, please ignore responses from people in this thread who aren't good at poker complaining that they came 97th or whatever because they got sucked out on. Sigh.

One issue I'd really like Stars to deal with (and this has been brought up in MTTC on 2p2 before) is that at the top of the hour, new tournaments start usually about 2 minutes before the break is over on other tournaments. If this can be synched up better, it would make a huge difference for bathroom breaks, etc.

Ryan
  • ryanghall wrote: »
    Also, please ignore responses from people in this thread who aren't good at poker complaining that they came 97th or whatever because they got sucked out on. Sigh.
    lol, you do realize that most of these are in jest right?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Cause welfare pays better. :D

Um not really for players who know what they are doing, yes to some players I guess, also alot less bullshit playing poker then being on welfare.

I am with ya on that one bud! I am thinking to myself why did I just not stay at home and continue playing poker, and make the same or money than I am now.

At least bad days at work give's you motivation to play and to play well. :)
    Please get the NAPT to Fallsview.

One issue I'd really like Stars to deal with (and this has been brought up in MTTC on 2p2 before) is that at the top of the hour, new tournaments start usually about 2 minutes before the break is over on other tournaments. If this can be synched up better, it would make a huge difference for bathroom breaks, etc.

Ryan

Lol im glad someone said this, this guys trying to look for real suggestions, stop wasting his time :P
    Most of this stuff you complain about has never happened to me, so its not a problem at all :tongue:
    2nd ryans suggestion, seems like it would make sense.
    Please get the NAPT to Fallsview.

Ryan

I'll pass this on to the Tournament Team that does the schedule. I can't make any promises about changes, but your suggestions will always be considered as our main goal is to improve your experience. No "pee bottle" stories please. :)

Cheers,
    Dylan C
  • It seems to me on pokerstars, late in any tourney when you are short stacked and your all in with the best hand and at risk, it seems that no matter what or 95% of the time the worst hand always sucks out. This happens so much that it seems like its done on purpose, just so the tournament will end. This drives me crazy. Don't get me wrong it's nice when you hit that 5% chance and you win. But it just seems like it happens a lot to me. Once I had Aces against this guy who was priced to call because the blinds where so big, he had 8 3 os and wouldn't you know it he flops two pair, I couldn't improve and once again I'm out in 97th or whatever place it was. All in all pokerstars is a great site, I just wanted to get that off my chest

Man that seems so true. Even earlier in tournaments - big stacks seem to always win the all-in HU battles, especially when they are behind pre-flop. I wish I had the time to prove this from the hands I've tracked.