PokerStars VIP Rep thread.

Comments

• djgolfcan wrote: »
    WTF ?? Why did they remover ALL of the guaranteed tournies today ? I don't recall there being any overlays, ever. However, this does provide an opportunity to play smaller fields, and less time spent playing a tourney.

But this is ridiculous.

+1

But

Someone enlighten me and say why this is such a big deal if your playing for the same amount of prizepool anyway, something to do with the leaderboard?

Having green numbers in the lobby really make that many fish want to play?

Have you noticed any big difference's today regarding field size and prizepools so far?

EDIT!!!

Ahh they removed the mtt's all together, not just the guarantee's, I thought they removed just the guarantee's.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    +1

But

Someone enlighten me and say why this is such a big deal if your playing for the same amount of prizepool anyway, something to do with the leaderboard?

Having green numbers in the lobby really make that many fish want to play?

Have you noticed any big difference's today regarding field size and prizepools so far?

EDIT!!!

Ahh they removed the mtt's all together, not just the guarantee's, I thought they removed just the guarantee's.

As you can see from my edit, disregard as I see whatcha talking about now,lol:-[
  • philliivey wrote: »
    As you can see from my edit, disregard as I see whatcha talking about now,lol:-[

incorrect, all the tourneys are there, just no guarentees

for example, the reason I get up so phucking early on Saturdays is the $55 PLO that has a 30k guarentee.......today, has a prize pool of 13.6k

they're actually costing themselves money......people would normally register for tourneys as they see the guarentee....the same tourney with no guarentee beside it will have an exponentially smaller field, which means less rake

it's actually mindboggling why they would do this....maybe lower the guarentees, but eliminating them is phucking idiotic
  • I am playing the $5.50 tourney at 1pm, which is ordinarily a $15k GTD tourney. We only have 546 registered so far. Less GTD money, means less players, means less rake.
  • Anyone else notice it's just for today though? Tourneys tomorrow still have the guarantees on them.
  • They only did it for NYE
  • Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, the guarantees were changed or removed because of the timing of New Year's Eve falling on a Saturday and thus greatly affecting participation. The guarantees should be back to their normal levels by now.

Dylan C
  • Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, the guarantees were changed or removed because of the timing of New Year's Eve falling on a Saturday and thus greatly affecting participation. The guarantees should be back to their normal levels by now.

Dylan C
    okok ...now forgive me if this has been dealt with already and i just need to find the proper setting...

i mass multi table and when my table ninja auto reg's on breaks my tourneys pop up and timebank for 5mins while im getting ready to play for the next hour.

so you have synced breaks but they aren't synced because your tourneys start on the breaks. and any sng's that come up during they break have the same issue.

this tilts a lot of rec players too because they don't understand why half the table is timing out for the first 5 miss of every tourney they are in..

So again if im missing something then let me know and thats great. But if not PS needs to fix this asap, I feel like maybe they don't want to move the tourneys back or ahead a few minutes to properly sync them...

but an easy solution is to make an option to 'auto sit out new tournaments' ...i don't mind missing the hands, but i can't come back to my comp to sit out on breaks.....

hope that was coherent ....
  • Hi guys,

Dylan C

Hey Dylan,

What's the point of putting guarantees in for tournaments when you remove it when you think you won't make it? Not like these tournaments are an one-time events like the SCOOP/WCOOP etc (where you rarely misses the guarantee anyways). What if you don't make guarantee for one day for these tournaments when most of them are smashed on a daily basis anyways.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Hey Dylan,

What's the point of putting guarantees in for tournaments when you remove it when you think you won't make it? Not like these tournaments are an one-time events like the SCOOP/WCOOP etc (where you rarely misses the guarantee anyways). What if you don't make guarantee for one day for these tournaments when most of them are smashed on a daily basis anyways.

Whats rule number 1 to every business. Make a profit. By having the same guarantees they know in advance they will lose money....that is a guarantee. What business do you know that will see that they will lose money a certain day and not try to fix the problem.

I agree it does suck that there weren't guarantees and they did lose out a bit by having less register because there were no guarantees but probably way less than they would have if they kept them. Lowering them is an option but that would be hard to predict as the last time NYE was on a saturday was in the year 2000.

Imo it is a very small thing to be upset with considering all pokerstars has done in the last year with black friday and such.
  • Whats rule number 1 to every business. Make a profit. By having the same guarantees they know in advance they will lose money....that is a guarantee. What business do you know that will see that they will lose money a certain day and not try to fix the problem.

I agree it does suck that there weren't guarantees and they did lose out a bit by having less register because there were no guarantees but probably way less than they would have if they kept them. Lowering them is an option but that would be hard to predict as the last time NYE was on a saturday was in the year 2000.

Imo it is a very small thing to be upset with considering all pokerstars has done in the last year with black friday and such.

No disagreement here, was just curious on why it was done when it wasn't the best PR move.
  • Hi VIP Rep,

I need a bit of help, are they:

i) [ ] guarantees,

or

ii) "guarantees"?

Thanks!
  • Cant argue its not a great pr move, but when 90% of people who play on ps, aren't playing on nye, it prob doesn't matter lol
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Hi VIP Rep,

i) [ ] guarantees,

or

ii) "guarantees"?

Thanks!
    no i agree with you its not a guarantee if they can take it away when they suspect it won't fill up. but i suspect in the fine print that guarantee just means something different than it implies.

PS is nice tho
  • Whats rule number 1 to every business. Make a profit. By having the same guarantees they know in advance they will lose money....that is a guarantee. What business do you know that will see that they will lose money a certain day and not try to fix the problem.

Hear what you're saying, I wouldn't have had a problem with lowered GT's.....the problem when they wiped them out, it killed alot of tourneys. With NYE rolling over different time zones, they could have easily made their quota with time zones not affected.

They 100% cost themselves money by not putting any GT's on the tourney's. I reg'd until I noticed there were no GT's.....and then just quit for the day. I'm sure there were many people like myself.

So, if it were my business, I'd just lower them.....that would = the most profit.

I would have simply cancelled my Saturday grind if I had known this in advance. Kinda felt like a kick to the nuts when I get up Saturday morning @7am to grind....only to notice no GT's after I'm in a bunch already.
  • Lowering them would be the best case if it wasn't for it being the first saturday for nye since 2000. Hard to predict what the day will be like from there stand point. If they were to lower them I'm sure they would have been very very low to stay on the safe side.
    I do agree id be pretty mad too if i woke up that early for it, so i do understand haha
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Hi VIP Rep,

i) [ ] guarantees,

or

ii) "guarantees"?

Thanks!

If I understand correctly, I think they are in fact "guarantees".

DylanC
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Hear what you're saying, I wouldn't have had a problem with lowered GT's.....the problem when they wiped them out, it killed alot of tourneys. With NYE rolling over different time zones, they could have easily made their quota with time zones not affected.

They 100% cost themselves money by not putting any GT's on the tourney's. I reg'd until I noticed there were no GT's.....and then just quit for the day. I'm sure there were many people like myself.

So, if it were my business, I'd just lower them.....that would = the most profit.

I would have simply cancelled my Saturday grind if I had known this in advance. Kinda felt like a kick to the nuts when I get up Saturday morning @7am to grind....only to notice no GT's after I'm in a bunch already.

Understood. I'm going to relay your feelings here to the Tournaments team, specifically that you would have appreciated some advance warning that the 'guarantees' were going to be adversely affected by the Holidays.

DylanC
  • If I understand correctly, I think they are in fact "guarantees".

DylanC

ah, now it makes sense
  • Hi Dylan, in one of the threads you said "I'm a bit of a newb, what's a BAP" or something along those lines...

We explained it was buying action/shares.

It has now come to my attention, that PokerStars will only allow us to play with any winnings, not transfer to stake another player, or transfer back or possibly even cash out. Transfer value has to stay on site, until either lost, or just stuck in limbo to earn with?

Kinda defeats the point of staking doesn't it?
  • jontm wrote: »
    Hi Dylan, in one of the threads you said "I'm a bit of a newb, what's a BAP" or something along those lines...

It has now come to my attention, that PokerStars will only allow us to play with any winnings, not transfer to stake another player, or transfer back or possibly even cash out. Transfer value has to stay on site, until either lost, or just stuck in limbo to earn with?

It has been like this forever Jon, it's not new at all.

this is to cut back on potential "money laundering" that could come thru the site (pokerstars)
  • Yeah, so I am learning. Guess its good that huge score never came through online. It's play money essentially, good for playing but not buying anything. Great if your a pro, not so much a recreational player.

So now I know. Zero value in BAPs except to fund roll and rake.
  • costanza wrote: »

this is to cut back on potential "money laundering" that could come thru the site (pokerstars)

So why invest in guys like you then? Can't actually have the money you could win us, just "play" with it. So if you ship the millions and I have 10%, I have a huge bankroll on paper?
  • costanza wrote: »

Ps. Where did I say it was new?
  • in general, poker players that buy action from other poker players play enough to clear any sort of vpp restraints needed to withdraw

I believe it is 30% of the total $$ amount in vpp's needs to be cleared...

a solution would be to get whoever you invest in, to withdraw themselves and then wire/give you cash/ other arrangements off site.

while i get your point about potential monies won and being able to pay out pre binkage, that's probably the case for a large majority of large cashes haha

most players after a big bink always, always, ALWAYS offer up re payment method's for baps at the investors leisure (wells fargo, boa, paypal, MB, wire, etc) and thats payable after w/d and travelling or w/e (patience)
    Hi Dylan, in one of the threads you said "I'm a bit of a newb, what's a BAP" or something along those lines...

I've never had an issue with transferring funds to anyone or cashing out with BAP money. If you never played a hand of poker but are constantly transferring money in and out of your account, that's going to raise red flags.

If you are a regular player and transfers in and out of the account are common, then I doubt they will prevent you from withdrawing the money.
    Ps. Where did I say it was new?
    jontm wrote: »

It has now come to my attention

• Good person to ask about this kinda stuff is Hobbes, Jon.
  • Which means new to me. Doesn't mean at that it is new concept.

Anyway, this 100% kills online BAPs for me. I do "play" and play and deposit on Stars but as we've established, poker is mostly about making money. I find it strange that I can't leave the the money on the site, with a player that always carries a four figure balance and never hits cash out. From a business perspective, most of this will get raked up, so zero benefit in not allowing it.
  • What's goofier is being told I can transfer back to sender, trying and then being told to cash out????