PokerStars VIP Rep thread.

Comments

• There needs to be a wired cash out option available in Canadian funds. Currently only Euros are available for wired withdraws. It makes little to no sense for Canadians to withdraw in Euros.

Hi Windbreaker,

I'm going to look into this with our Payments department, but I suspect that there is a logistical reason why it's not currently an option. I'll definitely press that this is a desired option for Canadian Players.

Update: As suspected, the reason behind this is that because we work with third party companies that process these payments for us, we cannot control or override their processes. One recommendation I would make if you are going to make cashouts by wire, is to ask your bank if it's possible to open up a Euro account. Then at least you can shop for the best possible conversation rates when it suits you.
    should make an auto rebuy button for if you fall under the amount you can rebuy it will auto rebuy for you. for example if you start a rebuy with 2k. you rebuy to 4k then lose a pot and fall under 2k it will auto rebuy for you. its next to impossible to do it in time before the next hand is started.

Interesting suggestion - I've passed it on to the Tournaments team.

Cheers,

Dylan C
  • Just want to make sure you guys are aware of the Blue and White promo going on right now. It started October 16th and goes to December 3th. Every Sunday at 7pm ET there's a freeroll with the winner getting a pair of Platinum Tickets to a Leafs Game.

These tickets are absolutely insane and definitely a once in a lifetime experience. The top 100 players of each weekly freeroll receive a ticket to the Grand Final with the winner receiving a Luxury Suite at the Air Canada Center on December 17th for himself and 10 friends to the Toronto vs Vancouver game. Places 2-5th also receive a pair of Platinum Tickets.

Good luck to any Pokerforum participants!

Dylan
  • Just want to make sure you guys are aware of the Blue and White promo going on right now. It started October 16th and goes to December 3th. Every Sunday at 7pm ET there's a freeroll with the winner getting a pair of Platinum Tickets to a Leafs Game.

These tickets are absolutely insane and definitely a once in a lifetime experience. The top 100 players of each weekly freeroll receive a ticket to the Grand Final with the winner receiving a Luxury Suite at the Air Canada Center on December 17th for himself and 10 friends to the Toronto vs Vancouver game. Places 2-5th also receive a pair of Platinum Tickets.

Dylan

And when does the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge promo for Canadiens hockey tickets start?
  • Naaahhhhh . . . fish in a barrel.
  • And when does the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge promo for Canadiens hockey tickets start?

Believe me, as a Montreal resident I hear you :). Unfortunately I don't foresee anything similar to the Blue and White promo this year in Montreal, but it's not out of the question for upcoming seasons. (Go Habs Go).

Dylan
  • Believe me, as a Montreal resident I hear you :). Unfortunately I don't foresee anything similar to the Blue and White promo this year in Montreal, but it's not out of the question for upcoming seasons. (Go Habs Go).

Dylan

Thanks.

I hope it doesn't mean we have to endure almost a decade of the Habs missing the playoffs like the Leafs before we can have such a promo......it would never happen. Probably better off this way.......Leaf fans are no doubt bigger fish and will ultimately pay much more for those tickets.

Go Habs Go!

Dylan

Do this for a good team like the Jays.
  • ryanghall wrote: »
    Do this for a good team like the Jays.

POTD. Haven't laughed like that in ages! Thank you sir!
  • No talk of the 10th Anniversary Giveaway and $10,000,000 Sunday Million GTD yet?

Mr. VIP Rep, believe you have free reign? much bigger news than the Leafs ;p
  • The $22 r action hour that starts at 1245 has an addon break that overlaps with the start synchronized breaks ... When the 3 minute addon break ends during synchronized breaks it kills timebanks. Could this tournament please be moved ahead or behind 5 minutes ?

I have 'show registering/upcoming' on my client, but I am getting tons of 'cancelled' and 'running' satellites in my lobby, especially before big tournaments like the Million and $530 ... can this be fixed?

starslobby.jpg

I'm a supernova, can you get me seats at the ACC for Sat Jan 21 or Sat Feb 11?

I would like to make a movember charity fundraiser MTT on stars, who should I speak to about this?

Thanks

Scott / Pokertoronto
  • jontm wrote: »
    No talk of the 10th Anniversary Giveaway and $10,000,000 Sunday Million GTD yet?

Mr. VIP Rep, believe you have free reign? much bigger news than the Leafs ;p

The 10th Anniversary is indeed huge news! (and let's not talk Leafs after Saturday night's game). I've just been patiently waiting for a few more promotions to be revealed, which should be happening in the near future. But between the 100 PCA Packages giveaway (worth $15,000 each), the 10 Million Gtd Sunday Million and a World Record breaking tournament, it's off to a good start :).
    Scotty12 wrote: »
    The $22 r action hour that starts at 1245 has an addon break that overlaps with the start synchronized breaks ... When the 3 minute addon break ends during synchronized breaks it kills timebanks. Could this tournament please be moved ahead or behind 5 minutes ?

I have 'show registering/upcoming' on my client, but I am getting tons of 'cancelled' and 'running' satellites in my lobby, especially before big tournaments like the Million and $530 ... can this be fixed?

starslobby.jpg

I'm a supernova, can you get me seats at the ACC for Sat Jan 21 or Sat Feb 11?

I would like to make a movember charity fundraiser MTT on stars, who should I speak to about this?

Thanks

Scott / Pokertoronto

Hi Scott,

A lot to talk about there. First-off, I'm going to mention the issues with the synchronized breaks (and some tournaments overlapping into it) to the Tournaments team. This has been mentioned before so I know they're aware of it, sometimes it's just a matter of prioritizing for them as there's always a long list of improvements they're working on.

In regards to the 'Cancelled' tournaments showing up in the lobby, since those technically are (or were) in the category of "Upcoming", I'm not sure this will be changed. I'll mention it to the Tournaments team.

If you'd like to create a private tournament, you can e-mail support@pokerstars.com from your PokerStars registered e-mail address asking for the privileges to create your own private tournament. From there you'll receive instructions on how to setup your tournament - for a great cause no less. Unfortunately my Movember efforts are pretty futile, the manly-facial-hair-gene skipped a generation with me.

Lastly, congratulations on being a Supernova. It's likely that I'll be attempting to contact you in the near future; my main role with PokerStars as their Canadian VIP Coordinator is to keep in contact with high-volume players like yourself. Part of that does sometimes lead to added perks, but it's not in a structured or measurable form. For reasons I hope you can understand, we generally don't assist with Ticket requests as this would create an unfair precedent, and we pride ourselves on transparency. A lot of the perks we offer are in the spirit of trying to bring poker players together within the community. The online poker world can be lonely and anonymous at times, so sometimes it's nice to put a face to a screenname or to a PokerStars employee.

Cheers,

Dylan C
    VIP Coordinator, Canada
  • Hey Dylan, about those Leafs tickets, I personally would love to see more than one LEafs freeroll a week, and even for other seats besides platinum (golds, reds, heck who am I kidding I'll play for any leafs tickets. I'm sure stars could set these up! The Sunday night freeroll is already getting lots of players.
  • Scotty12 wrote: »
    The $22 r action hour .................

Get rid of this silly tournament and put a $75 regular tourney in there instead :P
  • PokerStars has released a new biopic video of our recent Team Online addition: Talonchick.

You can view it below!

Talonchick

Dylan C
  • Hi guys,

Below is the announcement regarding the VIP Club changes planned for 2012.

Cliff notes version: Change from the 'Dealt method' of assigning VPPs to the 'Weighted Contributed method'. Also minor changes to the way rake is calculated and more consistent rake caps across stakes.

Here is the full explanation:

Thank you all for your patience in waiting for this announcement of VIP changes effective January 1, 2012.

Change from ‘Dealt’ to ‘Weighted Contributed’

VPP earnings at ring games will be calculated using the ‘weighted contributed’ method, changing from the ‘dealt’ method. The weighted contributed method awards VPPs to each player based on how much they contribute to the pot. You can read more about the weighted contributed calculation here: New VPP Method -Important PokerStars Ring Game Changes

Ring game players will be affected differently by this change depending on their play style. Some players will earn VPPs faster while others will earn them more slowly. The total number of VPPs given out as a result of each hand is the same using the ‘weighted contributed’ and ‘dealt’ calculations.

While each player is different, overall the weighted contributed method will reward players with lower VIP statuses more and players with higher VIP statuses less. In summary this change will make the distribution of VIP Club benefits more balanced, less top heavy toward Supernova+ VIPs. Players earning a higher VIP status will still earn points faster and gain more and better options for redeeming FPPs.

Weighted Contributed vs. Winner Take All

Winner take all (WTA) is another method of awarding VPPs that was suggested by some players. We considered WTA, but decided that weighted contributed is a superior method of allocating VPPs after a thorough evaluation of both options.
    The WTA method results in significantly more volatility in player VPP earnings from session to session and day to day. This can make it more difficult for players to plan their play based on expected VPP earnings. Players may also psychologically feel that it is unfair that when taking a bad beat they lose not only the pot but also all VPP earnings for the hand. On a larger scale, players experiencing a session with particularly negative results may not appreciate earning far fewer VPPs than anticipated in addition to losing funds at the tables.

We did review the differences in how the weighted contributed and winner take all methods would award VPPs to players in the long run. While individual players would earn VPPs at different rates due to differing play styles, as a group the members of each VIP level would see no material difference in the number of VPPs earned between the weighted contributed and winner take all methods.

VPP Awarding at Euro Currency Tables

VPP Multipliers for Euro Currency tournaments and ring games are being modified based on the current exchange rate between the USD and EUR currencies as follows:

Tournaments and ring games with 7 and fewer seats: 7x

Ring games with 8 or more seats: 8x

PL/NL €0.01/€0.02: 12x

PL/NL €0.02/€0.05: 10x

PL/NL €0.05/€0.10: 8.5x

The number of FPPs per Euro of reward in a standard FPP satellite to a EUR currency tournament will be reduced from 85 to 81, making FPPs used in such tournaments more valuable.

Implementation

All of the above changes are planned for implementation in the first days of 2012, Eastern (US) Time.

PokerStars.be, PokerStars.dk, and PokerStars.ee

PokerStars.be, PokerStars.dk, and PokerStars.ee players who are playing ring games and tournaments shared with PokerStars.com players will be subject to the same rake and tournament fees including the weighted contributed method of awarding ring game VPPs. VPP Multipliers and other VIP Club Rewards will be announced separately for each of these licenses.

Additional Changes

We recognize that the annual basis of Supernova+ VIP Status, VIP Stellar Rewards, and Milestone Cash Credits results in many players planning their PokerStars play at the start of each year based on the game conditions and VIP Program rewards at that time. We cannot guarantee that there will not be meaningful VIP Program changes during the year, but every attempt will be made to avoid such midyear changes that could have a significant negative impact on players’ plans.
    We do not plan any significant changes to ring games offerings at this time other than the planned addition of a fast moving ring games product sometime in the first quarter of 2012.

Additional 6-player and 9-player hyper turbo Sit & Go Tournaments are still under consideration for deployment in January 2012. Players will be notified in these forums in advance of such additions. Sit & Go offerings will continue to be evaluated periodically throughout the year resulting in changes being made as needed.

Dylan C
  • go to hear from you ...i have some upcoming changes for pokerstars i will be letting you know about soon....
  • wow the winds of greed are blowing 1st of all........

Next I am not sure if this is a good thing or not concerning sng's? Are the cash nits going to sng's now? If so that's bad but on the other side is these cash players going to sng's and still play the "cash" way, than that might be good.

Not sure, not sure:-\
  • If I was a Supernova cash game player, I would switch to a site that uses the dealt method or switch to tournaments. Many of the Supernova cash game grinders that will switch to SNGs can learn how to play them optimally and make the games even harder.
    philliivey wrote: »
    wow the winds of greed are blowing 1st of all........
    Next I am not sure if this is a good thing or not concerning sng's? Are the cash nits going to sng's now? If so that's bad but on the other side is these cash players going to sng's and still play the "cash" way, than that might be good.
  • Update:

The rake changes initially planned in how rake is calculated and the rake cap across stakes has now been cancelled due to player feedback. The change to the 'weighted contributed' system remains.

Below is a more detailed explanation from our VIP Club manager.

As a direct result of player input, we are cancelling the planned rake changes that were to be implemented in early January 2012. We will still use the incremental method to calculate rake instead of true percentage rake. Rake caps and percentages will remain exactly as they are today.

I would like to add a few comments:

The current rake at PokerStars is the lowest by far among all major poker sites.

We are confident that the planned rake changes would have resulted in a further overall decrease in ring game rake site wide, and a decrease for a majority of players.

There has been much inaccurate information spread about the impact of the changes. As an example, the changes would not have resulted in a 50% increase in rake for 5-handed play. While there would have been an increase in average rake for 5-handed play at NL tables with stakes of $0.25/$0.50 and higher, it would be far less than 50% (for stakes up to $0.10/$0.25 there was either no change or reduction in caps for 5-handed play). Most hands do not reach the cap and thus would not be affected. The rake for many hands dealt to 5 players would actually be lower at many stakes due to the lower rake percentage (4.5% reduced from 5%). If players review rake at other online poker rooms, they will discover that it is the standard for the rake caps to be the same when 5 or more players are dealt into a hand. PokerStars has been the one notable exception to this system.

In summary we still believe that the proposed rake system taken as a whole would result in a more balanced and fair rake system for players. However, given that players have responded so negatively to this change, which also has a cost to PokerStars due to the reduced rake, we felt that the best course of action is to cancel the change.

The change to the Weighted Contributed method of awarding VPPs will remain as announced.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    wow the winds of greed are blowing 1st of all........

Not sure, not sure:-\

Pretty doubtful that a winning cash player would move to sngs...sngs are generally the first step for online grinders
  • What the fuck........wake up early this morning to do my weekly Saturday early am grind, only to find that all of the guarentee's are fucking gone.

Fucking brutal, even Party has kept all their guarentee's today.

Majorly fucking pissed....obv reg'd in some before I noticed. I expect alot more from Pokerstars.....this is fucking rediculous.

I've obviously reg'd for my last tourney of the year.

fu Pokerstars
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    What the fuck........wake up early this morning to do my weekly Saturday early am grind, only to find that all of the guarentee's are fucking gone.

Fucking brutal, even Party has kept all their guarentee's today.

Majorly fucking pissed....obv reg'd in some before I noticed. I expect alot more from Pokerstars.....this is fucking rediculous.

I've obviously reg'd for my last tourney of the year.

fu Pokerstars

but how do you feel?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    but how do you feel?

got a bit of a headache....otherwise, not too bad
  • If it is in response to the sitout tomorrow than you can thank your fellow "big time" players who are whining and bitching.

I am on their side of increased rake and maybe way too big of reduction in "rakeback" or bonuses but holy crap people do you realize how nice stars has been to players and actually listen to them about suggestions and such, no other site or any company in the real world would do what stars has done for the customer.

Stars wants to fly out a group of players to stars HQ to try and work something out FFS.:o

*** warning***

This is what I am getting from reading up on the 2p2 threads as of this moment, the above may not actually be the case and this is more of my opinion.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    If it is in response to the sitout tomorrow than you can thank your fellow "big time" players who are whining and bitching.

wtf do cash games have to do with MTT's?
  • it's legit sickening that they took away all the guarantees, I mean at worst lower some of them if you're rly that worried about overlay, but just removing all of them is so bad.
  • So they now only have GTDs when they know they will meet them? :bs:
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    wtf do cash games have to do with MTT's?

It's all business, that's what.

Again I am not saying that's what is going on, but I do agree it is weird timing even being a holiday.
  • WTF ?? Why did they remover ALL of the guaranteed tournies today ? I don't recall there being any overlays, ever. However, this does provide an opportunity to play smaller fields, and less time spent playing a tourney.

But this is ridiculous.