PokerStars VIP Rep thread.

Comments

• Yes PS needs your bank account information. There are no fees.
    You can used the $ right away to play (subject to limits) but cannot w/d or transfer it for 7 business days.
  • MB Player wrote: »
    Hey Guys & Gals - I was wondering what deposit/withdrawal method Canadian (in particular MB) players are using at PokerStars and if they are happy/unhappy with it. I'd like to make a first deposit and am looking for a simple, inexpensive and SAFE way to move money back and forth. At first I though that an eCheck might be the way to go - has anyone used this method? I've seen posts elsewhere about problems with eChecks in Eastern Ontario, which is a concern to me.

I've used Instadebit for many years without a problem. I think they charge a $1 fee for withdrawals back to your bank account.
  • Used to use Instadebit, as it was great for moving $$ between sites and avoiding the exchange fees everytime.

Pretty much just use Echeck on Stars/FTP/Party now though.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I (and many on this site) use eChecks all the time.

One drawback is that you cannot use a US$ account so you get hit with exchange if you have your PS account in US$.

Why would you want to have your PS account in USD rather than CAD? I would guess that it is easier to track, but are there any other reasons?
  • Where did this guy go?
  • His position was removed
  • All we need to know is when pokerstars 7 is coming with these great sng filters!
  • Where did this guy go?

banned for being a Stars shill?
  • philliivey wrote: »
    All we need to know is when pokerstars 7 is coming with these great sng filters!

Unfortunately we don't have a set date for when PS7 will be available to the public, but it's a high-priority item for the Product team.

On an unrelated note, my apologies for not being more present in this thread lately. As someone mentioned, I was moved to a new position and am based on the Isle of Man now instead of Canada. I'll try to keep tabs on this thread but my responses may be delayed. Sending me a PM is the fastest way to get in touch if you have a PokerStars-related issue or question.

Cheers,

Dylan
    PokerStars VIP Events Manager
  • Unfortunately we don't have a set date for when PS7 will be available to the public, but it's a high-priority item for the Product team.

On an unrelated note, my apologies for not being more present in this thread lately. As someone mentioned, I was moved to a new position and am based on the Isle of Man now instead of Canada. I'll try to keep tabs on this thread but my responses may be delayed. Sending me a PM is the fastest way to get in touch if you have a PokerStars-related issue or question.

Cheers,

Dylan
    PokerStars VIP Events Manager

Congrats on the new position, Was it a pain to move to isle of man?
    Congrats on the new position, Was it a pain to move to isle of man?

Not a pain, but definitely a bit of culture shock to go from living in Montreal to Douglas, Isle of Man (Population: 25,000). There is a different pace of life here, but the people are friendly and it's exciting to work at PokerStars headquarters rather than working remotely. You're also only a 1 hour flight from London and the rest of Europe and I am fortunate in that I get to do some traveling as the VIP Events Manager.

[Shameless Plug warning:]

I'll be in Canada for the Montreal leg of our VIP Club Live series of parties this summer on July 19th. They are fun parties and good value for your FPPs if you like eating, drinking, and meeting other poker players. If any of you are in the area or like the idea of planning a Montreal weekend trip and can attend, I highly recommend it!

Dylan
  • [Shameless Plug warning:]

I'll be in Canada for the Montreal leg of our VIP Club Live series of parties this summer on July 19th. They are fun parties and good value for your FPPs if you like eating, drinking, and meeting other poker players. If any of you are in the area or like the idea of planning a Montreal weekend trip and can attend, I highly recommend it!

Dylan

Saw the schedule announced a week or two ago, any idea of the cost? Don't see it available through the store yet
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Saw the schedule announced a week or two ago, any idea of the cost? Don't see it available through the store yet

You should be able to see and purchase them in the store of the client. They're located in the "VIP Club Live" --> "Montreal" section.

Prices are scaled by VIP Status:

BronzeStar - 10,000
    ChromeStar - 8,000
    SilverStar - 1,500
    GoldStar - 1,350
    PlatinumStar - 1,200
    Supernova - 1,000
    Supernova Elite - Free

Let me know if you still don't see them and I'll look into it.

Thanks,
    Dylan
  • You should be able to see and purchase them in the store of the client. They're located in the "VIP Club Live" --> "Montreal" section.

Prices are scaled by VIP Status:

BronzeStar - 10,000
    ChromeStar - 8,000
    SilverStar - 1,500
    GoldStar - 1,350
    PlatinumStar - 1,200
    Supernova - 1,000
    Supernova Elite - Free

Let me know if you still don't see them and I'll look into it.

Thanks,
    Dylan

Thanks Dylan, I haven't been on my desktop client for awhile so will check next time I'm on it.
    All we need to know is when pokerstars 7 is coming with these great sng filters!

So much for this, in pokerstars 7 now and I can't filter out games I don't want, I just want 27 man and single table to show in a lobby, but 18 man's are showing as well.

It could be a bug though but the feature's guide is no help at all.

Also where in the heck is the log off button! Don't tell me you just hit the x to exit from pokerstars!
  • PokerstarsKeith helped me figure it out, you have to save each game you want in the filters so got all the games I want in 1 lobby, sweeeeet!.:)
    PokerstarsKeith helped me figure it out, you have to save each game you want in the filters so got all the games I want in 1 lobby, sweeeeet!.:)

Glad it got sorted. I think the Favorites/Filters in the new PS7 client is one of the most exciting things.
  • Question for "PokerStars VIP":

How does one have a online coaching session ethically without violating any Terms & Conditions? For example, would it be OK for a poker coach you hire to watch silently behind your back or via Skype? You would speak out your thought process, but does the coach have to be totally silent for the entire session? Would it be OK for the coach to take notes during the session, then give you feedback after you have stopped playing?

If the above is somehow considered a violation, what are the allowed alternatives in getting good value from a coaching session? I hate online cheaters so I want to find an ethical way.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Question for "PokerStars VIP":

How does one have a online coaching session ethically without violating any Terms & Conditions? For example, would it be OK for a poker coach you hire to watch silently behind your back or via Skype? You would speak out your thought process, but does the coach have to be totally silent for the entire session? Would it be OK for the coach to take notes during the session, then give you feedback after you have stopped playing?

If the above is somehow considered a violation, what are the allowed alternatives in getting good value from a coaching session? I hate online cheaters so I want to find an ethical way.

Hi BlondeFish,

I'm not ignoring your post, but as it's a complex issue, I've asked our Game Integrity Team for a response from their senior members as I'm not qualified to speak on the record about this. Hope to have an answer for you next week.

Thanks,
    Dylan
  • I consulted with a Game Integrity Manager, and below are answers to your questions, followed by more information regarding what is and isn't against our rules.

Q: For example, would it be OK for a poker coach you hire to watch silently behind your back or via Skype?

A: This is fine

Q: Would it be OK for the coach to take notes during the session, then give you feedback after you have stopped playing?

A: This is fine.

Additional Information: Giving consistent real time advice is technically against the rules. PokerStars requires that each account is played by only one player, and each player may only play on one account. Of course, there is no way to control where that player might get advice from; if they have a book in front of them that details how to play a hand in a particular way, we do not prohibit that. Similarly, if they have someone by their side (or on the phone/Skype) giving them advice as part of some unplanned, ad hoc arrangement, this is not against our rules.

We certainly are not going to prohibit a friend watching and providing some casual advice at home.

However, we do prohibit deliberate paid services where the intent is very different. Such a service is materially and fundamentally different from ad hoc and opportunistic arrangements whereby one player might have a friend standing behind him and providing advice. Such a service would also be different to coaching services offering instruction based upon hands and tournaments that have already taken place. PokerStars allows coaching after-the-fact, but does not permit ongoing and planned real-time paid services.

Thanks,
    Dylan
  • Thanks for the reply. Now that the pro is done dominating WPT Fallsview, I'm ready for my ethical coaching session!
    I consulted with a Game Integrity Manager, and below are answers to your questions, followed by more information regarding what is and isn't against our rules.

Q: For example, would it be OK for a poker coach you hire to watch silently behind your back or via Skype?

A: This is fine

Q: Would it be OK for the coach to take notes during the session, then give you feedback after you have stopped playing?

A: This is fine.

Additional Information: Giving consistent real time advice is technically against the rules. PokerStars requires that each account is played by only one player, and each player may only play on one account. Of course, there is no way to control where that player might get advice from; if they have a book in front of them that details how to play a hand in a particular way, we do not prohibit that. Similarly, if they have someone by their side (or on the phone/Skype) giving them advice as part of some unplanned, ad hoc arrangement, this is not against our rules.

We certainly are not going to prohibit a friend watching and providing some casual advice at home.

However, we do prohibit deliberate paid services where the intent is very different. Such a service is materially and fundamentally different from ad hoc and opportunistic arrangements whereby one player might have a friend standing behind him and providing advice. Such a service would also be different to coaching services offering instruction based upon hands and tournaments that have already taken place. PokerStars allows coaching after-the-fact, but does not permit ongoing and planned real-time paid services.

Thanks,
    Dylan
  • Can a Canadian play at PokerStars while in Las Vegas?
    Can a Canadian play at PokerStars while in Las Vegas?

Don't think so, as soon as you are in the u.s. your screwed.

FYI not without VPN which is against TOS (FTW)

No, you can't play from anywhere in the U.S. Using a VPN to bypass that is against our TOS and puts your account and balance at risk. I'd highly advise against it!

Regards,
    Dylan
  • No, you can't play from anywhere in the U.S. Using a VPN to bypass that is against our TOS and puts your account and balance at risk. I'd highly advise against it!

Regards,
    Dylan

NailedIT.jpg

Try Ultimate Poker or the WSOP online site.
  • Since tournament dollars can be used for any tournament, does PokerStars (or other sites) allow them to be used for live sponsored tournaments? For example, if you have T$3,300 in your account, will PokerStars allow you to use that to buy into the PokerStars Canada Cup Main Event?
    Since tournament dollars can be used for any tournament, does PokerStars (or other sites) allow them to be used for live sponsored tournaments? For example, if you have T$3,300 in your account, will PokerStars allow you to use that to buy into the PokerStars Canada Cup Main Event?

from their website:
    We offer our players a Tournament Money (T-Money) system. With rare exceptions, if you win a seat to any event via one of our satellite tournaments, you can choose to unregister and receive T-Money instead. T-Money can then be used to register for other PokerStars tournaments, including Sit & Gos, special events, and satellites. In some cases, T-Money can be used by VIPs to buy into live events. Please check the information pages for our Live Events for details.

if you go to the live events page, it doesn't show the canada cup events on there.
    Since tournament dollars can be used for any tournament, does PokerStars (or other sites) allow them to be used for live sponsored tournaments? For example, if you have T$3,300 in your account, will PokerStars allow you to use that to buy into the PokerStars Canada Cup Main Event?

Hi BlondeFish,

Yes, you should be able to register using T$ in the client using the DBI (Direct Buy-in Option). DBI Tourneys are listed on May 22, 23, 24 under Tourney -> Regional tab of the client.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,
    Dylan