PokerStars VIP Rep thread.

Comments

• djgolfcan wrote: »
    I've never had an issue with transferring funds to anyone or cashing out with BAP money. If you never played a hand of poker but are constantly transferring money in and out of your account, that's going to raise red flags.

If you are a regular player and transfers in and out of the account are common, then I doubt they will prevent you from withdrawing the money.

I've never had an issue running up monies on deposit and transfering to buy action either, or depositing and sending to a player who bought action.

That's why this is irking me. First time I've run into it. Basically the TOA doesn't disallow, it just let's them choose when and were.

Support "recommends" using e wallets, but doesn't commit to it having to be so. Obviously getting back to picking and choosing.
  • I can defffff see how this is frustrating for a rec player that doesn't put a ton of volume in, but transfers on stars for the horse's benefit (convenience)
  • costanza wrote: »
    I can defffff see how this is frustrating for a rec player that doesn't put a ton of volume in, but transfers on stars for the horse's benefit (convenience)

Yup and I am happy to leave it that way. But I'm not the horse.
  • Hi Jon,

PokerStars does allow staking agreements, but the issues you've been running into are related to our player-to-player transfer policies. In regards to the confusion of your current situation, if you send me an email at vip_canada@pokerstars.com, I'd be happy to look into it if you're still having any issues.

Here's some more info on staking and player transfers:

PokerStars considers staking to be a mutually agreed relationship, whereby some (or all) of a player's winnings are given to another player.

PokerStars allows staking and staking agreements between players to play on PokerStars, but will not participate in settling such agreements or be involved in any dispute between parties.

What we do not allow is the misuse or abuse of our player-to-player transfer system, such as transfer of funds solely to be cashed out. The person who played and won money should cash out the funds and make payment arrangements off site.

Transfers are allowed where the receiver of the funds uses the funds in order to play on PokerStars. Players that are part of staking agreement must be aware that transfers and cashouts from and to their accounts will be reviewed, and may be declined if we find that players are abusing the transfer system. In extreme cases, players could face account suspension or termination.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about this and I'd be happy to try and clarify.

Cheers,

Dylan
  • wow, good to know. i wasn't aware of this (kind of stupid) policy.

now i just have to figure out how i can cash out my winnings as a player who never deposits. i hate the 'you haven't deposited within the last 6 months so you can't cash out' policy. so sorry for always winning and constantly playing on your site ;)
  • just to add, wouldn't it be easy for pokerstars to see that certain money transfers are obviously staking arrangements. ie. guy binks a tournament and sends a specific percentage to people. i highly doubt the money launderers wait until they win a tournament to start sending money.
  • Got caught on this once cause it was a huge amount.

Sending PM to jon
  • trigs wrote: »
    wow, good to know. i wasn't aware of this (kind of stupid) policy.

now i just have to figure out how i can cash out my winnings as a player who never deposits. i hate the 'you haven't deposited within the last 6 months so you can't cash out' policy. so sorry for always winning and constantly playing on your site ;)

Hi Trigs,

Regarding 'you haven't deposited within the last 6 months so you can't cash out', that is not our policy. Several cashout methods don't require a deposit and the 6 month time frame does not apply. This is the case for methods such as eCheck, Moneybookers, UKASH, and wire transfer.

For Visa, Entropay and Instadebit, although we keep a record of all transactions, those older than 6 months are archived in a separate database. This means that your cashout options will be based on the last 6 months of deposits history only.

If your desired payment method is no longer available in your cashier screen (provided it is a payment method that can be used for cashing out) you will need to make a new purchase in order to be able to cash out through it once again. The minimum deposit amount is enough for the system to register your payment method as active again and you will be able to withdraw after a 48-hour waiting period that is in place to protect players against collusion and fraud.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best,

Dylan
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Got caught on this once cause it was a huge amount.

Sending PM to jon

Hidden barg
  • Hi Jon,

PokerStars does allow staking agreements, but the issues you've been running into are related to our player-to-player transfer policies. In regards to the confusion of your current situation, if you send me an email at vip_canada@pokerstars.com, I'd be happy to look into it if you're still having any issues.

Here's some more info on staking and player transfers:

PokerStars considers staking to be a mutually agreed relationship, whereby some (or all) of a player's winnings are given to another player.

PokerStars allows staking and staking agreements between players to play on PokerStars, but will not participate in settling such agreements or be involved in any dispute between parties.

What we do not allow is the misuse or abuse of our player-to-player transfer system, such as transfer of funds solely to be cashed out. The person who played and won money should cash out the funds and make payment arrangements off site.

Transfers are allowed where the receiver of the funds uses the funds in order to play on PokerStars. Players that are part of staking agreement must be aware that transfers and cashouts from and to their accounts will be reviewed, and may be declined if we find that players are abusing the transfer system. In extreme cases, players could face account suspension or termination.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about this and I'd be happy to try and clarify.

Cheers,

Dylan

Does playing on the site, depositing, using winnings to fund other players who are playing constitute abuse? I DON'T want to take the money off the site.

This seems ideal for both parties so why flag it?

Jon
  • actyper wrote: »
    Hidden barg

not so hidden imo
  • Hi Trigs,

Regarding 'you haven't deposited within the last 6 months so you can't cash out', that is not our policy. Several cashout methods don't require a deposit and the 6 month time frame does not apply. This is the case for methods such as eCheck, Moneybookers, UKASH, and wire transfer.

For Visa, Entropay and Instadebit, although we keep a record of all transactions, those older than 6 months are archived in a separate database. This means that your cashout options will be based on the last 6 months of deposits history only.

If your desired payment method is no longer available in your cashier screen (provided it is a payment method that can be used for cashing out) you will need to make a new purchase in order to be able to cash out through it once again. The minimum deposit amount is enough for the system to register your payment method as active again and you will be able to withdraw after a 48-hour waiting period that is in place to protect players against collusion and fraud.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best,

Dylan

really? is this relatively new? i use moneybookers/skrill and last time i tried to cash out i was told that i had to make a deposit first since i hadn't deposited in a long time.

i'll be honest. i haven't actually tried it recently, but i'm glad i don't have to keep depositing. thanks dylan.
  • Funds have been returned to sender, thanks Dylan for helping to sort that out.

Now I know what is and isn't allowed.
  • Glad it's been sorted, apologies for any confusion.

Trigs, I'm not sure how new it is but I can confirm that this is the current policy in place.

Cheers,

Dylan
  • When is the first Micro Millions of 2013? :)
  • How many players are currently registered for this Sunday Million? Does anybody think there will be an overlay when the prize pool was over $12 million in the 10th Anniversary Sunday Million?
  • They're 1/2 way there as of now (15000)....Pretty sure there won't be an issue getting there
  • will be an issue if the system can't handle it. Storm is fucked as is the 11 buck satellite to the million.
  • yeah, that $11 satty was the only shot I took to play........by the time it started working, avg stack was 5bb's. If I wanted to play a super turbo, I would have reg'd for one
  • I second what the previous 2 said, had the exact same thing happen as I was playign the storm the sat, and at the beginning of the sunday mil the freeze started again too. Now I have to fill out a form and send it to stars to get my money back for the satty and what not.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »

Damn, now I know why I couldn't win there...... >:D
  • That site fucking cracks me up. Lolololol
  • Is there a table setting to keep the window always on top? If not, I think something like that would come in handy.

I tried using a small utility I found on the web but it didn't work with the Pokerstars windows.
  • The only thing I'm aware of is the "Popup table whenever user action is required" which is in Options --> Advanced Multi-Table Options. I don't think that's what you're looking for though.

Could you clarify the type of option you're looking for? An option so that the window never loses priority to other programs or?

Regards,
    Dylan
  • Hey Guys & Gals - I was wondering what deposit/withdrawal method Canadian (in particular MB) players are using at PokerStars and if they are happy/unhappy with it. I'd like to make a first deposit and am looking for a simple, inexpensive and SAFE way to move money back and forth. At first I though that an eCheck might be the way to go - has anyone used this method? I've seen posts elsewhere about problems with eChecks in Eastern Ontario, which is a concern to me.
  • I (and many on this site) use eChecks all the time.

One drawback is that you cannot use a US$ account so you get hit with exchange if you have your PS account in US$.
  • Thanks - do you basically give PokerStars your bank account information and they take the money out of your account? Does the withdrawal process work (same thing in reverse) without any hitches? Are there any fees associated?