CPF Golf/Poker Tourney Ideas

Comments

• Wetts1012 wrote: »
    My day did not start well.

Local uniform provider fucked up pretty bad so I call one time to lay into him. After a while we are back to regular conversation and he asks if theres anything he can do.

I know his side business so I say sure. Get me trophies for a golf tournament tomorrow. I was like 15% serious.

<2 hours later these show up on my desk:

139.jpg

Proof that getting Darryl mad will only cost you $$$

Nice score Darryl!
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Refixed it.
    Damn,,,, was really hoping no one would know....
  • Found a scorecard from Milo's last round.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10853&g2_serialNumber=1

139.jpg

Those are sweeeet!

Have a great day guys......wish I could be at two courses at once!
  • Yeah good luck tomorrow everyone. Should be a great day. How about Hellmuth's Mole and I take on the winners for the golf hardware?
  • I'm going to read Brunson's Omaha chapter so maybe I'll be able to keep up. lol
  • Being more concerned with the golf side of this day (because, lets face it, I suck at teh poker), I will brag only once:

I will not finish last and, if I do not win, I will be in the top three.

That's it. Graham if you need a lift tomorrow, I will PM you my home number so you can get in touch. I am off until about midnight.

Oh, . . . Darryl? Great scoop on the trophies.
  • I'm going to read Brunson's Omaha chapter so maybe I'll be able to keep up. lol

Just remember that, with four cards in the hole, you have better odds to start with a set . . .

I am sooo going to clean up in the Omahahaha portion
    My day did not start well.

Local uniform provider fucked up pretty bad so I call one time to lay into him. After a while we are back to regular conversation and he asks if theres anything he can do.

I know his side business so I say sure. Get me trophies for a golf tournament tomorrow. I was like 15% serious.

<2 hours later these show up on my desk:

139.jpg

Nice, those are awsome! I'll see if I have any poker swag lying around that I can add as prizes too.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Just remember that, with four cards in the hole, you have better odds to start with a set . . .

I am sooo going to clean up in the Omahahaha portion

Have read the S.Sys.II Omaha Pot limit chapter and have a much clearer direction to the play involved. So don't go too crazy with your bluffs. lol
  • Have read the S.Sys.II Omaha Pot limit chapter and have a much clearer direction to the play involved. So don't go too crazy with your bluffs. lol

I suck too horribly to bluff properly. If I'm betting, I have something . . . trust me.
  • Should be fun. I'm just glad its August finally. I took a month off from beer and August couldn't come fast enough lol.
  • Milo wrote: »
    If I'm betting, I have something . . . trust me.

yea right...and pigs fly ;)
  • I suspect game time for the poker round will be around 6pm. Was thinking I would extend the blinds from 20min to 30min to give more play. Especially if we're going to play mixed. What do you guys think?
  • Now your just making me pissed at my wife that I have to give all that up for a week of hotel sex.
  • screenman wrote: »
    Now your just making me pissed at my wife that I have to give all that up for a week of hotel sex.

Pics or it didn't happen
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    yea right...and pigs fly ;)

Jesus, AJ, would ya shut up already? :D

Longer blinds means it takes longer to chump, right? Cool.
  • PS...still a BYOB! I'm also asking if you guys want snacks, bring them as well. We're a bit light at The White House for junk this week.
  • Can't remember if they have a driving range there at all. Anyone know? Not that it will help but wouldn't mind hitting a few before hand.
  • Have a great day on the course guys!

Can't wait to see some pics and read a TR.
    Can't remember if they have a driving range there at all. Anyone know? Not that it will help but wouldn't mind hitting a few before hand.

With 27 holes, and what I remember, I do not think so . . . but it's been a while.
    Can't remember if they have a driving range there at all. Anyone know? Not that it will help but wouldn't mind hitting a few before hand.

No driving range, just a putting green
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    No driving range, just a putting green
    Pre game putting contest?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Pre game putting contest?

Nah I probably just drive some balls off the putting green. HA
  • Well, I think its safe to say we all got pwned by wetts. Lots of fun though, and look forward to next year. Thanks to everyone that made this happen and thanks Jeff for the rides!
  • I'll post the golf scores after a bit, have to have my coffee first.

Great day everyone. Nice to meet you all. Had a blast in both the golf and poker segments, even if I did bust out too early (btw...thanks for that Graham...nothing like getting pwned by the boss).

I think we need a new forum here as well...WWWD...What Would Wetts Do.
  • ROFLMAO....good pic Darryl