CPF Golf/Poker Tourney Ideas

Comments

• Also we should probably PM those that expressed interest earlier in the thread if you haven't done so already. I can do it if you want?
  • No prob.. will do it now.. sent you an MSN.

Good to see we are getting this going.
  • Damn... we are away the first week in August. If it changes I'm in but don't stop the momentum... I'm in for the second event.
  • Alright I have PM'd everyone that expressed interest previously.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    LOL.. You're in our 4some. :)

SWEET...I'll bring the shovel...you bring the baseball bat
  • CPF World Series of Golf/Poker 2009
    Mayfield Golf Club
    Saturday August 1st, 2009

Player List

1. Voodoo
    2. Graham
    3. STR82ACE
    4. Compuease
    5. Milo
    6. Wetts
  • Sorry, I can't make it on the 1st. I am in another golf tournament that weekend. Hellmuth's Mole is probably playing in the same tournament.
  • I suck at golf...and no weekends really work for me from now until end of August.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Sorry, I can't make it on the 1st. I am in another golf tournament that weekend. Hellmuth's Mole is probably playing in the same tournament.

Yes he is.....err.....I am. Sorry to miss it.

And Buzzzzard, please be gentle.
  • CPF World Series of Golf/Poker 2009
    Mayfield Golf Club
    Saturday August 1st, 2009

Player List

1. Voodoo
    2. Graham
    3. STR82ACE
    4. Compuease
    5. Milo
    6. Wetts
    7. Scott (Voodoo's bud)
    8. Quimby
  • I'm about 90% comfirmed.

What is the timeline for the day?

I will be coming from Waterloo if anyone wants to carpool.
  • Quimby wrote: »
    I'm about 90% comfirmed.

What is the timeline for the day?

I will be coming from Waterloo if anyone wants to carpool.

I'll call the course on monday and see what the best time is. What works for everyone? I'm flexible but I'd think earlier is better.
  • Yep earlier is better. Quimby, I'm in Milton if you want to carpool from here..
  • Earlier is better for me too
    What about the poker tourney? Would it be held same place? Buyin? Blinds?
  • I'm good with what works for everyone.
  • Calling today. So should I aim for a tee time like 9am? 10am?

Also are we getting carts? I am seeing what the best deal I can swing for us is.
  • HELL YES CARTS!

What do I look like? Physically active?
  • You really think we as poker players would walk? Geesh, how can you even ask... Carts for sure, and do we have an option for someone to swing for us as well? I'm ok with anytime...
    Calling today. So should I aim for a tee time like 9am? 10am?

Also are we getting carts? I am seeing what the best deal I can swing for us is.

eek... Later would be better for me... I dont usually get up before 10
  • My place is about 3 minutes from the golf course for pokering purposes.

We just put up our fancy new fence so if the weather is decent it will be an outdoor game.

Some negatives:

1) We are in the garage if it rains, cause the basement isnt finished yet.
    2) No table, chips, cards, chairs, etc, so that will have to be arranged.
    3) No BBQ bishes. Actually its in the garage, brand new, unassembled.

Also early = better
  • Tables, chips, cards, and chairs are NOT an issue...can be loaned by The Hill inventory...reasonable rates too ;)

Early = better. Jesus Graham, you're not 19 anymore...get your ass out of bed!
  • Alright just got off the phone with Mayfield. for August 1st we have 1pm tee times. Thats the best they could do. I figure we can meet and grab a bite in the clubhouse at noon if thats cool with everyone.

Secondly the greens fees Mayfield Golf Club are $56 and a cart is $34 ($17 per golfer) so it would be $73 each. If I use my barter exchange company its still the same price but I will knock $10 off for each of you as I really don't have anything else to use my credit on there yet. Let me know as they have limited passes left and payment can be made that day or i'll even take tilt/stars if you want.
  • 1pm was the earliest until you guys wanted the 7am tee time LOL
  • I've got a few cases of chips, copags and some folding chairs as well if needed.
  • 1pm start, should be done by 4:30/5pm...quick bite for dinner somewhere then off to poker? sounds good to me, and Graham can make it out too...if he can remember to set his alarm for 11am that is
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    1pm start, should be done by 4:30/5pm...quick bite for dinner somewhere then off to poker? sounds good to me, and Graham can make it out too... if he can remember to set his alarm for 11am that is

You need to see the girls he hangs with first to understand why he sleeps in late :)
  • I'm good to go, now how are we going to combine the golf and poker? Is there some combined game we can play? I've never done it but know some do... By the way I'm not a very good golfer, or poker player either for that matter..... Can I get a handicap?
    You need to see the girls he hangs with first to understand why he sleeps in late :)

Is that good or bad? Can he bring some with him?

His priorities will change in time...they do for EVERY MAN in time.
  • So, 1:00 p.m. at Mayfield on August 1st, right? I will let the boss know tonight. I will be there for around noon, and I have folding chairs, as well as folding $$$ for the game afterwards, should they be needed.