CPF Golf/Poker Tourney Ideas

Comments

• STR82ACE wrote: »
    If you make sure the Marshalls dont' see you, why not? But those old farts will most likely have a heart attack!

LOL. As far as beer goes I've never had a problem with it there, I usually grab the cart then head back to my car and grab a small bag cooler with a few cold ones and a Timmies large cup.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Are we playing the rule that if your drive doesn't get past the ladies tee your next shot is with your pants at your ankles?

I was going to ask you guys to take pictures of the event, but now I'm not so sure.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I was going to ask you guys to take pictures of the event, but now I'm not so sure.

You've seen Mark with his pants down...pretty sure it can't get worst than that.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    You've seen Mark with his pants down...pretty sure it can't get worst than that.

My eyes still burn.
  • dickout rule applies whenever you play golf LDO. There is no questions about this.

Urban Dictionary: dickout rule
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    dickout rule applies whenever you play golf LDO. There is no questions about this.

hahaha. Figured there had to be some kind of rule out there. That about confirms it.

BTW Passes arrived today, we're all set.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    dickout rule applies whenever you play golf LDO. There is no questions about this.

I'm def. glad I'm not going to be there for the golfing part of this day..hah
  • I would like one rule added..... NO LAUGHING!
  • We could, but Mark might get jealous if we infringe on his trademark . . .
  • compuease wrote: »
    I would like one rule added..... NO LAUGHING!

A crazy bunch of poker and golf addicts getting together
    Beer flowing nicely
    Voodoo pointing at all my drives and say 'you missed again'
    Darryl's luck during his recent tourney burn continueing onto the greens and makes 20' putts
    Milo cursing a blue streak EVERY SHOT

and you think there'll be no laughing??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    A crazy bunch of poker and golf addicts getting together
    Beer flowing nicely
    Voodoo pointing at all my drives and say 'you missed again'
    Darryl's luck during his recent tourney burn continueing onto the greens and makes 20' putts
    Milo cursing a blue streak EVERY SHOT

and you think there'll be no laughing??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every shot?!? Hells no . . . I've gotten better.

Every hole? Probably
  • Wetts.. Payment received via FT. Thanks!
  • i want in this if someone drops out
  • lol caledon ups maybe not
  • Ah come on Zoo caledons not that bad. LOL. This is a pretty open course so any shanked drive is going 3 fairways over.
  • Not sure about the new holes, but the front nine was basically a pasture, flat and wide open. Sort of like . . . naaah, won't go there.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Not sure about the new holes, but the front nine was basically a pasture, flat and wide open. Sort of like . . . naaah, won't go there.

Ya it is isn't it. It should help us get 18 holes done in like 3 hours.

What buyin do you guys want to have for the poker part of this?
  • Seing as how it's already $75.00 for the golf, lets keep it below that? Say . . . $50.00? Just my $0.02. I'm almost more interested in the golf, personally. First round in over a year.
  • $50 is good for me, but I'm easy
    $50 is good for me, but I'm easy

Slut.
  • $50 sounds good.
    Slut.

Loving it too ;)
    Alright just got off the phone with Mayfield. for August 1st we have 1pm tee times. Thats the best they could do. I figure we can meet and grab a bite in the clubhouse at noon if thats cool with everyone.

Secondly the greens fees Mayfield Golf Club are $56 and a cart is $34 ($17 per golfer) so it would be $73 each. If I use my barter exchange company its still the same price but I will knock $10 off for each of you as I really don't have anything else to use my credit on there yet. Let me know as they have limited passes left and payment can be made that day or i'll even take tilt/stars if you want.

Dam wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I would've liked to meet everyone and done the golf/poker thing. If there is a way for me to play I'll come and contribute.
    What buyin do you guys want to have for the poker part of this?
    The bigger the better for me, since I'm winning it anyways.... :) although having to overcome the big chip disadvantage from my wayward golf swing will be difficult.

$50. is fine, lol, in fact I'll go with whatever the consensus is...

By the way have we come up with a formula to determine chips gained/lost during golf?
  • I'm going on the DUE theory which means I'll probably take it down. I haven't won in years.
  • $50 is fine for me for the poker.

For the chips gained/lost, I actually think that we should remove the lost portion. Milo's formula would be too much of a hinderance to the majority of the players (I am basing this solely on the golf ability mentioned in this thread).

I don't have a problem rewarding both good and bad shots. If we use the Ching Hill structure I would like to see everyone starting between 1700-1900 chips. I wouldn't want anyone concerned that 2 good golfers start with 1900 and the rest have 1500. I'll come up with a list and post it here later today.

Jeff, I can pick you up at the carpool or at your place if you don't want to drive at all. PM me and let me know.
  • The Ching Hill structure can be bumped up to 2000 starting stack easily. If we limit the penalty points so that no one ends up with less than 1800, it would still give ample play.
  • Quimby wrote: »
    Jeff, I can pick you up at the carpool or at your place if you don't want to drive at all. PM me and let me know.

I will meet you at the carpool, 401 & 25, we can go from there. I can just as easily drive as well.... In the spirit of the day perhaps we should flip for it? lol...

Now when should we meet, 11:30? or perhaps a little earlier then we can grab a bite to eat prior to teeing off?
  • Something is horribly wrong.

I just checked out the forecast for Saturday...and its NOT calling for rain

What gives? How am I supposed to use bad weather as an excuse if its nice out?

stupidgoddamnweathermanruiningmygameagain
  • I want to keep the bonus system relatively simple. I can bring scoresheets to the course so that it’s an easy tally to calculate the bonus.

Assuming starting stack = 2000, maximum addon capped at 500 chips.
    My intent is to have a roughly even starting stack no matter what your skill level is.
    I’m hoping that this system will put everyone between 2300-2500

Chip bonus list (all addons, no takeaways)

50 birdie
    50 hole out from off the green
    50 hit tree/rock/other obstacle and still land on fairway or green
    25 drive 225+ in the fairway (limit 2)
    25 par or better on the first hole
    25 score par or better on at least two par 5 holes
    25 score par on at least 6 par 4 holes
    25 shoot under 100 overall
    25 drive onto another fairway
    25 score +6 on a hole
    25 4 putt a hole
    25 lose 5 balls or more for the round
    25 lose 2 balls on one hole
    20 shot in the water (limit 3)
    20 shot in the bunker (limit 3)
    20 don’t drive past the forward tees
    20 score + 4 or more on a hole (limit 3)

Feel free to comment, modify, or add to the list. I have a feeling this could turn into a “too many cooks” event, but whatever.