CPF Golf/Poker Tourney Ideas

Comments

• I could be starting at MAX CHIPS with that structure and never leave the first hole!!

Seriously, methinks its too much. I think we should limit the 25pt items to like three or four

25 drive 225+ in the fairway (limit 2)
    25 score par or better on at least two par 5 holes
    25 shoot under 100 overall

The 50pt items can stay, except
    50 hit tree/rock/other obstacle and still land on fairway or green...not many obstacles on this course to begin with, you more likely to bounce of the cart of the group ahead of you and land on the green (saw this happen last time I was there)
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I just checked out the forecast for Saturday...and its NOT calling for rain

Was it Harold Hossain?????

If so we're getting rain guaranteed.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Was it Harold Hossain?????

If so we're getting rain guaranteed.

Weather Network...you KNOW they're about 14% accurate
  • Quimby, those look cool to me. I'll easily hit the +4 shots and lost balls goals for sure.

Also with all the rain this past weekend and this week coming we should be due for a good weekend next week.
  • I am ambivalent re: bonus chips. As long as whatever we are using is available to all players, then let the big Dawg eat . . .

I like the Ching Hill format, with a starting stack of 2k, for the tourney, though . . .
    I believe this is the full list of players...if I missed someone, let me know

1. Voodoo suspect he's better than he is leading us to believe. 87
    2. Graham he plays golf? 98
    3. STR82ACE I know this guy sucks, so 105
    4. Compuease old guy right? from the whites, I'll say 100. Ladies, 95. Kiddies tee...92 ;)
    5. Milo okay, if he doesn't drive his cube...90...if he does, we'll be teasing him so much he'll hit 110
    6. Wetts watch this guy! 84
    7. Scott (Voodoo's bud) ummmm Scott who? give him a 89, just for being Voodoo's dude
    8. Quimby have I met you yet? got to be better than me, though, so I'll say 95
    How about if we expand on this, (stolen from AJ's Well thread) and have everyone predict opponents scores? Then person who comes closest gets some more chips. Maybe getting closest to 7 opponents aggregate scores gets 50 extra chips? ie you don't include your own score, thereby excluding the possibility of personal manipulation... wait a minute that just sounds so wrong....
  • The Well was meant to do good for ALL humankind. Using it for personal gain will only nullify results and cause great anquish to those that consider it remotely seriously.

Still...those are my numbers...if you want to do it this way, I'll stick to them.
  • I like that Jeff. I propose the following super-simple schedule of bonus awards:

Longest Drive = 50 chips (use second par 5 hole)
    Closest to pin = 50 chips (use second par 3 hole)
    Lowest total = 50 chips
    Highest total = 25 chips
    Guesstimates = 25 chips per golfer (closest wins)

Easy to keep track of, easy to remember.
    Maximum chips available to any one player is 325. With a starting stack of 2000, that is not too much of an advantage.
  • btw Poker is Byobeers.

If you want anything else, dont bring it. I have a metric ton of non-beer alcohol at my house that Ive gotta get rid of some time.

If you want cold beer I suggest stopping in at my place beforehand to load the icebox -
  • I was going to ask you Darryl if I could drop off the tables before hand as well....also, you need anything else...chips, chairs, cards?
    I was going to ask you Darryl if I could drop off the tables before hand as well....also, you need anything else...chips, chairs, cards?

All of the above. I'll give you directions Thursday.
    I believe this is the full list of players...if I missed someone, let me know

1. Voodoo suspect he's better than he is leading us to believe. 87
    2. Graham he plays golf? 98
    3. STR82ACE I know this guy sucks, so 105
    4. Compuease old guy right? from the whites, I'll say 100. Ladies, 95. Kiddies tee...92 ;)
    5. Milo okay, if he doesn't drive his cube...90...if he does, we'll be teasing him so much he'll hit 110
    6. Wetts watch this guy! 84
    7. Scott (Voodoo's bud) ummmm Scott who? give him a 89, just for being Voodoo's dude
    8. Quimby have I met you yet? got to be better than me, though, so I'll say 95

I play like 2 or 3 times a year. I will be lucky to break 100.
  • Really looking forward to Saturday's events...get to try out my new driver

giant_driver.jpg
  • Toonie says you miss the first fairway . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Toonie says you miss the first fairway . . .

I'll take the bet!!
    I'll take the bet!!

LOL Milo you've been had man. He'll probably just use a pitching wedge off the TEE and collect the toonie.
  • Nope, even if he does that, I'll double down on whether I can out-drive him with the same club. Besides, unless they've changed it, the first hole is a par 3. There is no fairway. I've won already . . . :D

Regardless, you're on, AJ
    Nope, even if he does that, I'll double down on whether I can out-drive him with the same club. Besides, unless they've changed it, the first hole is a par 3. There is no fairway. I've won already . . . :D

Regardless, you're on, AJ

ummmmmmmm wrong...Hole 1 is a Par 4 with a nice long wide fairway...pay up now and save yourself a lot of trouble later. Hole 2 is the Par 3.
  • I was thinking of the old routing, then. The par 3 that heads back towards the road used to be #1.

No problem. Bet's good.

How nasty for you when you miss that nice W I D E piece of turf. Not only the miss, but down $$$ before the first hole is even done.
    Anyone know if there'll be a wind on Saturday? Golf is just more fun with a breeze . . .
  • Tell you what, lets put a bit more pressure on this bet.

Not only will I place in the fairway, I'll double the bet for the longer drive between you and me.

Up for it?
  • So, I'm gonna win $2.00 when you whiff the fairway, and another $4.00 when I duck for your second shot? Cool . . . if this keeps up, my buy-in will be paid for . . . :o

P.S. - I don't even own a driver. hee hee hee

Back to work, now.
    So, I'm gonna win $2.00 when you whiff the fairway, and another $4.00 when I duck for your second shot? Cool . . . if this keeps up, my buy-in will be paid for . . . :o

P.S. - I don't even own a driver. hee hee hee

Back to work, now.

Same shot...Hole 1 from the tee
    $2 for hitting the fairway
    $2 for longest drive
    Same shot...Hole 1 from the tee
    $2 for hitting the fairway
    $2 for longest drive

$2 for straight.
    $2 for long. Got it.

I do not think we are in the same foursome, so I suggest that one of us just tee off with the group in front, and settle it right off the hop, okay? The ball can just wait for the second group to play up. Sound good?
    $2 for straight.
    $2 for long. Got it.

I do not think we are in the same foursome, so I suggest that one of us just tee off with the group in front, and settle it right off the hop, okay? The ball can just wait for the second group to play up. Sound good?

ca va
  • So are we all supposed to be picking everyone elses scores before Saturday or are we doing it on here. If now my predictions are below.

1. Voodoo, wonder if he scores better than he bets? naw not likely.. 101
    2. Graham, can't believe a young world traveler like him hasn't got it down, 95
    3. STR82ACE, I agree with his own assessment, 103
    4. Milo okay, maybe if he a had a square driver to match his wheels, 101
    5. Wetts, can't fiigure out his poker game so likely a devious golfer, 95
    6. Scott, who knows... guess of 96
    7. Quimby, since I'm riding with him, I figure he'll be a good golfer, 93
  • I will go a different route here. I will give my projected score and a combined score for everyone HA.. Me 105 Group Total 893.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Group Total 893.
    I'll take the under.. $10. ?
  • I'd like the under as well, especially @ 893. Although, we do not know how well his buddy plays. If this is his first time golfing, that will skew the total badly.

I'll think about it . . .
  • I'll take the under on that one too
  • My buddy scott is good for a 120-130. LOL . Once we hit the 3rd or 4th hole and I have 6-8 beers in me I'll be good for about 110. so thats 230-240, which leaves 643 for you 6 or an average of 108 per remaining golfer.