CPF Golf/Poker Tourney Ideas

Comments

• This would interest me if we can make it between Orangeville and Barrie. There are a multitude of courses in this area. Otherwise I would like to see a RoAd TrIp overnighter, golf each day with poker though the night. Survival of the fittest. Perhaps we could find a small course willing to stay late and use their banquet facilities as the poker room. Cheap flop house motel close by. Strip club within crawling distance from the motel. Got to stop now, I think I'm coming.
  • Count me in as interested as well, Indian Wells would be a nice option, not too pricey and a good challenge, also fairly central.
  • Sign me up for golf and poker...
  • bazz wrote: »
    Count me in as interested as well, Indian Wells would be a nice option, not too pricey and a good challenge, also fairly central.

I like Indian Wells.
  • I would be interested but my golf game is horrid. I own clubs, that is the extent of how well I play golf. So as long as my group that tees off with me doesn't mind 3 putting greens with me I should be fine :)
  • WTF is a dry course. Is it like playing on a desert? They don't water their grass? Putting may be difficult.

Don't tell me they've got temperance police on golf courses now? Just fill the golf bag with ice and a case and bring one club. Like real golfers.
  • LOL, same with me no worries, but i 4 putt your 3 putt:p

I would be interested but my golf game is horrid. I own clubs, that is the extent of how well I play golf. So as long as my group that tees off with me doesn't mind 3 putting greens with me I should be fine :)
  • So when are we doing this & who's running w/ it?
  • I started to run with it, but life is getting in the way lately and I don't have the time to organize. Heard back from a couple of places, but haven't had a chance to follow through.
  • Bump... any plans on going ahead with this?
  • At this moment, I'm personally not able to move ahead with the planning for this event, although I still think it would be a very worthwhile event.

If someone wants to run with it, by all means and I will participate, just can't find time to plan it effectively.
  • I'd say if we can get 8-12 that would work. Who's in?
  • I have not kept up here though interested. My thoughts 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm Friday 9 holes of golf, Steak dinner, $40.00 NL tournament should be around $150.00. I will check a couple of courses. I am thinking like the Mayfield Golf Club because it is cental and easy off the 410 north. I know it could be done at the Greater Toronto Golf Clubs: HIGHLANDS GOLF CLUB (best value golf course in the GTA) if people wanted to come that far.
    I will organize if people would like to give me feedback.
  • screenman wrote: »
    I have not kept up here though interested. My thoughts 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm Friday 9 holes of golf, Steak dinner, $40.00 NL tournament should be around $150.00. I will check a couple of courses. I am thinking like the Mayfield Golf Club because it is cental and easy off the 410 north. I know it could be done at the Greater Toronto Golf Clubs: HIGHLANDS GOLF CLUB (best value golf course in the GTA) if people wanted to come that far.
    I will organize if people would like to give me feedback.

Mayfield is good for me and I can get us a better price then what they charge.
  • Mayfield is like 15min away from me, but the timing is abit off...work until 4:30, be a push to get there by 5ish. Unless you rather do 18 on Saturday?
  • How about we pick a Saturday and start putting together a list of players. We should be able to get 8-12 guys together for a golf and poker session.
  • I'm in.
  • IN
    damn too short messages...i thought this was adjusted?
  • CPF World Series of Golf/Poker 2009
    Mayfield Golf Club
    Saturday August 1st, 2009

Player List

1. Voodoo
    2. Graham
    3. STR82ACE
    4. Compuease
    5. Milo
    6. Wetts
  • In depending on date...
  • Is Saturday Aug 1st or 8th good?
  • AS of right now, either date is good for me
  • 8th no good for me, big poker tournament in Milton that day. 1st ok as of now...
  • Ok.. lets aim for the 1st as of now. I was searching google for the rules of playing Golf Poker in case you guys wanted to do that but even after reading them i'm confused. LOL. I'm not the greatest golfer anyways so breaking 100 while getting drunk is my aim for the day.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    so breaking 100 while getting drunk is my aim for the day.

People can break 100?? Wow...who knew. I might be able to if we only play the front nine.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    IN
    damn too short messages...i thought this was adjusted?

I think its 3 characters (u had 1 more to go ;))
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    People can break 100?? Wow...who knew. I might be able to if we only play the front nine.

LOL.. You're in our 4some. :)
  • In for the 1th of August.
  • Innnnnnnn.
  • Now we're getting somewhere. Have a couple friends that want to come as well but will see if it fills here first.