The Legends of Bristol St. - DAY 1 ASSIGNMENTS

Comments

• Psi and James are in cambridge atm.
    we will be there at 7:15 hopefully.

Just lettin u know rob.
  • Cards are in the air! We have one no-show and "magithighs" is will be pulling a Helmuth this eveing. Assuming Lou shows, we have 17 players, 8 of which will advance to Day 2. Good luck to the final Day 1!!
  • Is Mark still in?  ;)

/g2
  • Did anybody bust first hand or does Wes get the official "Donk of Bristol Street" Award
    all to himself
  • Mark was all-in, his QQ against haddon's AJo. No ace and Mark is alive and doubled up.
  • Zithal wrote:
    Mark was all-in, his QQ against haddon's AJo.   No ace and Mark is alive and doubled up.
    Was that the very first hand? Or is Wes' title safe?

/g2
  • MORE UPDATES!!!!!!!!

johnny
  • Zithal wrote:
    Mark was all-in, his QQ against haddon's AJo.   No ace and Mark is alive and doubled up.

Josh didn't suck out? :D
  • I just got a phone update. Mark is close to 20K, Josh "Haddon" is out. Lou is sitting around 4K in chips as is Hork42.

Gonna be interesting on Saturday.

stp
  • I figured Mark would be up high. I am just hoping that someone has a lower chip stack than me. But I like being the underdog. Well, actually I like being a monster chip lead a lot more.
  • stpboy wrote:
    haddon wrote:
    I am not up on the pokerforum.ca politics and inside scoops...

So someone please answer honestly, is Day D thought to be a bunch of weak players/unknowns?

Well let me give you my input on that question. Here are the players:

17. “DirtyWhore” Mark B
    One of my picks to win the whole thing, a guy that is unreadable and can change gears when you least expect it. Don't let his friendly yet obnoxious attitude get in your way of your goal, his chips!

stp

Josh, why couldn't you take my advice re: Mark. Now he has chips to play with....

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    Josh, why couldn't you take my advice re: Mark.  Now he has chips to donate to Pinhead
    stp

FYP :)
  • First break has just completed and, contrary to rumor, no one is yet out, though a few people are getting close!
  • Zithal wrote:
    First break has just completed and, contrary to rumor, no one is yet out, though a few people are getting close!
    Congratulations Wes! ;)

/g2
  • "Hork42" takes honours as our first bustout of Day 1D. Pushing all in with AT, he's called by James showing AK. No help for the T.
  • Zithal wrote:
    "Hork42" takes honours as our first bustout of Day 1D. Pushing all in with AT, he's called by James showing AK. No help for the T.
    IIRC, AT was no good for me on Day 1B... it kept getting sucked out on by AQ.

/g2
  • Oh Come ON! SOMEONE's got to have busted out by now besides me!

Ugh. The cards did not land in the right spots for me tonight.
  • It's the rock effect. Notice that Mario's day ended the earliest so far and it looks like the rock day will be the latest.
  • Most of the Rocks were at the other table. Chips were FLYING at my table.
  • A very fast series of bust-outs brings Day 1D to a close at 11:32pm. Early compared to the rest! Chipcounts will be updated momentarly in the Day 2 thread.
  • Now THAT's more like it! CARNAGE
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Oh Come ON!   SOMEONE's got to have busted out by now besides me! 

Ugh.   The cards did not land in the right spots for me tonight.

AWWWWW, that's too bad!!! :'(
  • From 36.4k to 14.4k in TWO HANDS....

Damn that Bob!! :) Ahh well, just means i have to play MORE reckless on Saturday.

Sorry Pinhead, I didn't save a lot of chips to give to you, but I had TRIPS!!! :)

Mark
  • STR82ACE wrote:

AWWWWW, that's too bad!!!    :'(

You took the words right out of mouth there STR82ACE.......... Hork you were suppose to represent.
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    STR82ACE wrote:

AWWWWW, that's too bad!!!    :'(

You took the words right out of mouth there STR82ACE.......... Hork you were suppose to represent.

It turned out to be 'Opposite Day' for me. The few times I had a hand I get no action. AA twice early on netted me the blinds twice. When I had a draw, I missed. When I flop two pair and make it expensive to draw, Mark drew to a flush. When I open-raised with garbage, I had 3 callers and then haddon came over the top with an all-in raise. The Dude (sorry, didn't pick up your name) who lost about 10 times with AK, picked my AT hand to finally win one with AK. No real bad beats, just lots of cumulative crummy stuff going on. Ah well. At least I save the drive out to KW on saturday.
  • Hork42 wrote:

The Dude (sorry, didn't pick up your name) who lost about 10 times with AK, picked my AT hand to finally win one with AK.  No real bad beats, just lots of cumulative crummy stuff going on.   Ah well.  At least I save the drive out to KW on saturday.

That would be James, or "Demonrage".
    He really doesn't like being heavy favorites at bristol, bad things happen to him.
    89 vs 55 on a board of 883 ... get all in ... turn 5 ... river 5
    LOL
  • DrTyore wrote:
    From 36.4k to 14.4k in TWO HANDS....

Damn that Bob!! :)   Ahh well, just means i have to play MORE reckless on Saturday.

Sorry Pinhead, I didn't save a lot of chips to give to you, but I had TRIPS!!!  :)

Mark

The rocks rise up and crush! Way to go Bob... Patience has it's virtues... lol,, Mark, if anyone can come back from a lower chipstack you can.
  • compuease wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    From 36.4k to 14.4k in TWO HANDS....

Damn that Bob!! :)   Ahh well, just means i have to play MORE reckless on Saturday.

Sorry Pinhead, I didn't save a lot of chips to give to you, but I had TRIPS!!!  :)

Mark

The rocks rise up and crush!  Way to go Bob...  Patience has it's virtues...  lol,,  Mark, if anyone can come back from a lower chipstack you can.

Well... now that I'm "short", I'll have to play MORE aggressive and crazy

Ahh... I can already see people shuddering.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Well... now that I'm "short", I'll have to play MORE aggressive and crazy
    How is that possible? :D
  • Psi wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:

The Dude (sorry, didn't pick up your name) who lost about 10 times with AK, picked my AT hand to finally win one with AK.  No real bad beats, just lots of cumulative crummy stuff going on.   Ah well.  At least I save the drive out to KW on saturday.

That would be James, or "Demonrage".
    He really doesn't like being heavy favorites at bristol, bad things happen to him.
    89 vs 55 on a board of 883 ... get all in ... turn 5 ... river 5
    LOL

That may have been my all time favourite suckout