The Legends of Bristol St. - DAY 1 ASSIGNMENTS

Comments

• Quick FYI that we've had one last minute cancellation, Dane. There is one spot open tonight for late registration and, no, if you were outed in Days 1A or 1B, you can't "try again". :)

If you'd like the spot, please post in this thread.
  • What if you made day 2 already but want to get more chips :)
    I know, I'm greedy...and don't worry, I know the answer already
  • Zithal wrote:
    Quick FYI that we've had one last minute cancellation, Dane.   

This is actually a good strategy to avoid being humiliated by this tough day 1C field....See you kids soon.

stp
  • I am not up on the pokerforum.ca politics and inside scoops...

So someone please answer honestly, is Day D thought to be a bunch of weak players/unknowns?
  • haddon wrote:
    I am not up on the pokerforum.ca politics and inside scoops...

So someone please answer honestly, is Day D thought to be a bunch of weak players/unknowns?

People were placed based on their date preference. I hope you are sitting one to the right of Lou and then tell me how weak things are ;) I am sure Rob didn't "stack" any day. Wish I was playing ... but can't make the later dates.
  • haddon wrote:

Well let me give you my input on that question.  Here are the players:

DAY 1D
    1. “Compuease” Jeff C
    2. “ddmilkcan” Dave D
    3. Larry L
    4. Bob S
    This is the Milton Crew, they finished 3rd at the Royal Cup and just returned from Vegas.  I'd watch out for Jeff as he seems to really be playing well lately although any of these guys could make the final table.

5. “Hork42”
    An experienced and knowledgable player, barring a bad beat he'll be there for Day 2

6. Frank
    7. Dave B
    8. Judy P
    9. Ken S
    10. Francine S

I don't personally know any of the above players, to my knowledge....
    11. “Blondfish”From what I know, plays mostly bar tournament but plays them well.  This tournament is not a bar tournament, way above the bar in my opinion!

12. “Psi” Sam
    I've played with Sam once or twice, he seemed solid to me.

13. “magithighs” Lou
    I haven't played with Lou very much myself but from what I've heard from players I really respect, he is the best player in this field.  He'll make the FINAL TABLE.  I would avoid him at all costs.

14. “TiMSuM”
    A member of the Royal Cups 2nd place team, the Kitchener Heart Break Kids.  This is his first appearance at Bristol and I'm wishing him well.

15. “Haddon” Josh H
    16. “Demonrage” James C
    17. “DirtyWhore” Mark B
    One of my picks to win the whole thing, a guy that is unreadable and can change gears when you least expect it.  Don't let his friendly yet obnoxious attitude get in your way of your goal, his chips!  

18. Dan L

Now who wants to look at Day C??? Sheesh, a tough day I think, although all of them as we can see are tough....

stp
  • haddon wrote:

I'm sure the Milton boys would have something to say about that. :)

Here's the correct way to interpret the comments from the 1C players...

It's not so much that the players on Day 1C are good poker players... they're alright. It's more to do with the fact that they have the biggest insecurities about their poker playing abilities. Thus, if they all subconciously agree that thiers is the hardest day with the best players and the most poker skill, their fragile ego can remain intact, because NOW they'll have an excuse when they invariably bust out.

ie. "I may have busted out on Day 1, but at least I busted out on the hardest day one against the best possible players who had the most skill. That effort in itself is AT LEAST a 10th place finish in my book!"

The truth is ugly.
  • That's a great syno[sis, Shannon.

Day 1D is not weak by any means. Some people have just said that 1C is the hard day, but really all days are equally as hard. Every single day has more than one person who can easily win this thing. Especially the guy who finished with 6500 chips on Day 1A. He is dangerous.
  • Zithal wrote:
    haddon wrote:

It's not so much that the players on Day 1C are good poker players... they're alright. It's more to do with the fact that they have the biggest insecurities about their poker playing abilities.  Thus, if they all subconciously agree that thiers is the hardest day with the best players and the most poker skill, their fragile ego can remain intact, because NOW they'll have an excuse when they invariably bust out.

ie.  "I may have busted out on Day 1, but at least I busted out on the hardest day one against the best possible players who had the most skill.  That effort in itself is AT LEAST a 10th place finish in my book!"

The truth is ugly.
    Spoken like someone who was chip leader on the easy day :)
    Day 1D is not weak by any means. Some people have just said that 1C is the hard day, but really all days are equally as hard. Every single day has more than one person who can easily win this thing.
    I totally agree, and I wondered why so many were picking C as the hard day.  There are dangerous and scary players on all 4 Day 1's.  I'm glad Rob set it up because it would be liking choosing your method of execution - no real nice options.  That said, I'm glad the different days guarantee that I don't get my "nemesis" at my starting table!
    Especially the guy who finished with 6500 chips on Day 1A. He is dangerous.
    and he's wanted for baby-eating...
  • Thanks Flint.

Good  Luck on Day 2!

Rob, you bassfish.  I believe that the cream will rise to the top, as it usually does in a tournament like this one.  I think the only reason that I think day C is tougher is because for some reason I think that a "bunch of unknowns" are not nearly as good of players as knowing every single player on your day and knowing how good they are.  Of course, this is an advantage in itself.  I'll have to use my "several tells" to propel myself to Day 2.  

How would you rank the days, just curious.  I know it was totally random.  I'm super excited about tonight, see you soon.

stp
  • HI Rob:

My name is Guy Incognito.

May I sign up for you tourney tonight?
  • JUST TO CLARIFY:

I know nothing about any of the players...

I have just read some comments around the board of people talking down about the quality of Day D. I was simply asking.
  • Zithal wrote:
    haddon wrote:

It's not so much that the players on Day 1C are good poker players... they're alright. It's more to do with the fact that they have the biggest insecurities about their poker playing abilities. Thus, if they all subconciously agree that thiers is the hardest day with the best players and the most poker skill, their fragile ego can remain intact, because NOW they'll have an excuse when they invariably bust out.

ie. "I may have busted out on Day 1, but at least I busted out on the hardest day one against the best possible players who had the most skill. That effort in itself is AT LEAST a 10th place finish in my book!"

The truth is ugly.

Fair enough.
  • TNORTH wrote:
    Congratulations everyone.

One Question for Mario: After that HUGE suckout what did you do with all my chips ?? :D

Tom man I still feel a little DIRTY, as for your chips they went to Cole.

Blinds are 300 600 100 ante Cole raises my BB 1000 from SB I call with As6s. Flop comes 5h 6h 5s Cole bets 1600, I re-raise to 4000 and he re-re-raise all in. I go into the think tank for what seems forever I fold and Cole shows the 5 Phew still in the tourney.

Congratulations to everyone who survived the actual hardest day 1 event. LOL
  • Wow...

I just realized that Day D is NEXT Thursday, and not tomorrow.

Mark

P.S. The toughest day will be day 3... see you guys there.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Wow...

It took me awhile to realise this as well.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Wow...

It took me awhile to realise this as well.

Holy crapolla. gots some rescheduling to do...
  • Haha, I realized this about 3 days ago...I need to extra week of practice.... :D
  • haddon wrote:

No but put all the Milton rocks together in an 18 person tourney and the over/under on the finish time is 4 am.
  • You think it'll run really late eh?

Good thing I do tons of coke.
  • 4 AM? that's not even fair
    There's no way it will be done by then
  • Rob,

It looks like I am going to be a little late, however I will be there.

Prophet 22
  • GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TONIGHT......

MANDY
  • Alright, I'm out!!! First hand of the night.

I think I should've layed this down, but I really did not think Aimee had the ace nor the flush. I WAYYY over-thought for this hand on the river.

I had KK in the BB, Aimee raised to 200 UTG, and folded around and I raised it to 600.

Flop was J, 10, 4. Led out with 800, Aimee called. 2 clubs

Turn was 7. I led out with 1200, Aimee called

River A. I checked, Aimee went all-in, I tanked and really did not think the Ace helped her, and she flips over AJ and I'm officially the fastest elimination of this tournament!

Oh wellz...at least I can walk away with a few lessons learned, but it sure was an expensive lesson.
  • Well... I was about to announce the start to Day 1C, but Wes beat me to it by busting out on the first hand of the night. Everyone's here and we've filled in the empty slot. No sign of "Lamb Of" John A, but he said he's going to be late, but he's going to be here.

Good luck to everyone and good luck to "witchdoctor" who plays in the protege tournament!
  • Thinking about it, I think I over-analyze the situation. It was a scary board, any draws that were there made it (flush, straight), maybe I should just stick to ABC poker and layed it down (which was my first reaction). I guess I'll be the update boy tonight...even though there probably won't be any for awhile.
  • Geez Wes....I at least almost made it to the first break!!!! Thanks for the good luck Rob, I'll try and make the forum proud (or at least not bust out first like last night) :D
  • At least I might have a shot going on the DVD as the fastest bust out! :D But then again, I don't know how proud of that I would be...haha

Good luck tonight Dave
  • Hey Guys...

Sorry to hear that your out Wes.....

Just wondering how my other half is doing?

Im assuming alright, since hes not home yet...lol

Ill check back in later

Mandy
  • Bit off topic hey dave is there any way to watch?