The Legends of Bristol St. - DAY 1 ASSIGNMENTS

Comments

• To Rob, thank you for putting the time in to organize such a large tournament.
    This is my first game at Bristol street and I commend you for the outstanding environment.
    The first day went very well, the tournament ran smoothly and was very entertaining.
    I hope you shot some good footage yesterday as many players are excited about a dvd of this tournament.
    I look forward to seeing those who advance on Day 2.
    Legend are made on the final table. See you there.
    :as :ah
  • "The night Mario plays should end about 9 pm."

I'll take that as a complement. :D I think I should have most every body out buy 9 PM, with about 60 000 chips and Two three Brad with 30 000 chips.

SO IT HAS BEEN SAID, SO IT WILL BEEN WRITTEN.
  • ItsaMe wrote:
    "The night Mario plays should end about 9 pm."

I'll take that as a complement. :D I think I should have most every body out buy 9 PM, with about 60 000 chips and Two three Brad with 30 000 chips.

SO IT HAS BEEN SAID, SO IT WILL BEEN WRITTEN.

SWEET That leaves 90K for me
  • As long as you leave me with 6500 I'm happy... cuz that's all I need!!!

/g2
  • you cant play tomorrow night mario? i knwo you wanna switch with me so you can play shannon and a couple other sexy ladies.

Johnny
  • g2 wrote:
    As long as you leave me with 6500 I'm happy... cuz that's all I need!!!

/g2

I think I'll be generous and let every body stay above 10 000.
    Pinhead wrote:

SWEET That leaves 90K for me

Now thats just greedy. LOL
    you cant play tomorrow night mario? i knwo you wanna switch with me so you can play shannon and a couple other sexy ladies.

Johnny

Sorry Johnny but I love my day 1B.
  • Same here Mario, Lets take this down, cya guy soon!
  • The cards are in the air as Day 1B of the "Legends of Bristol St." begins. We're currently waiting on two no-show; "Bellyz" Brian B and Ryan H.
  • I'm on my way over to watch.

Can you see to it that Brad and Mariio don't bust out for a couples minutes/!! :D:D
  • g2 wrote:
    As long as you leave me with 6500 I'm happy... cuz that's all I need!!!

/g2

Woo hoo! I am not the only one who thinks this isn't the end of the world!
  • We've hit the end of level two with two no-shows. With 16 total players, this means that there will only be 7 seats to Day 2 awarded tonight. No one's busted out yet... not even Mario or Brad.
  • We are now on first break with "witchdoctor" Dave as the first casualty on Day 1B.

No other eliminations to speak of, but the current chip leaders are "g2" Greg with just over 19k and "diddy" Paul and "Hollywoods" Cole sitting at about 15k.

Cole wanted me to say something about killing legends, but he spelt something wrong when he told me. ;)
  • Whatta goe guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to know how Mario and Two Three are doing!

Prophet 22
  • Whatta goe guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to know how Mario and Two Three are doing!

Prophet 22

On a board of KQJ, 23 Braad moves All-In with AQo, called by 'diddy' Paul's A 10. No help for Braad, and is out 16th :'(
  • In recent action we've lost "estar" Ian, "TwoThree" Brad and now, "TNORTH" Tom.

"ItsaMe" Mario moves all-in against Tom. Tom considers the call and finally makes it. It's Tom's 99 against Mario's 66. The flop helps no one and Tom is looking good...

....until Mario hits runner-runner Quads.
  • Zithal wrote:

"ItsaMe" Mario moves all-in against Tom.  Tom considers the call and finally makes it.  It's Tom's 99 against Mario's 66.   The flop helps no one and Tom is looking good...

....until Mario hits runner-runner Quads.
    Mario is a dirty man...
  • Actually I had 10-10.

No thanks to Harrington.

Here is how the hand goes.

I was sitting fine. I had went up to about 13k and dipped down to 9500 through regular play (blinds;antes outkicked etc...)

I am BB with 10-10.

Mario has min raised it to 800. He has me slightly covered.

I raise back to 2400.

Mario goes all in.

Now I take some time.

Mario wont even look at me - he just sits there and looks at his cards.

I run through the scenario of what he could have. I obviously have to consider over pairs - but Mario wont even budge - i figure with a big pair or A2 he has a big goofy smile.

So he may have an over pair - maybe 10-15% I am a huge underdog.

I figure more likely he has an Ace with a decent kicker. Which means I am slightly ahead.

OR he could have an under pair where I am the huge favourite.

So I cancel out the underpair and over pair and figure I am slightly ahead in a race situation.

THE PROBLEM - because of my large re-raise I am now down to 6k with the blinds at 200/400 50 ante. Therefore if I fold this I am in a push situation in the next few orbits.

Considering in this situation I can double up to almost 20k and I think I am slightly ahead I have to call.

So after this long drawn out process. I CALL.

Mario flips 6-6. Which is the best I could hope for.

The flop J J 8.  PERFECT.

Turn 6. Mario is a lucky son of a bitch.

River 6. MY STATS DEGREE IS USELESS.

Great game - and the curse of Rob's basement continues (although I figure I must have used up all my luck against Tyson heads up during a Bristol St where I had 5 running pairs to take the tourney)

Statistically I think my best hand has to hold up next time. And of course I will be back.

Good game and good luck to all.
  • Sorry my "No thanks to Harrington" was in response to his reasoning to make a call to a re-raise all-in when it leaves you short.

The old Tom would have put Mario on an over pair or two high cards - so I am either a dog or putting my tourney on a race.

The new Tom considers a 10% bluff, underpair and high cards but compares that to his current stack and antes to make the call.

But I am in no way upset with a call of 10 10 v 6 6 unless its MR SUCKOUT.

SUPPLIMENTAL:

Immediately to my left was Pinhead "Brad" and Cole.

I know Cole can be dangerous - and as I told Brad - I consider him my least favourite opponent (because I consider him one of the best players I know who I can never truly get a read on) - And I get both of them to my left - the next player to my left was Mario the suckout KING - In hindsight I didnt stand a chance!!
  • We are on second break with the only other player eliminated, "labeach" Steve. We're down to 11 and need to eliminate 4 more players.

Turing point of the evening..

Eddy and "diddy" Paul are the two biggest stack on Table 2. On a board of 9QxQ9, both players are all in. Eddy has Qx for Queen's full, while Paul has 99 for Quads. Paul rakes in a $40,000+ pot and Eddy is crippled, but doubles up and is still on life support.
  • Well Mario im glad your 66 came through for ya up for ya......Mine couldnt even hold up against A10....LOL....

Good Luck everyone

Mandy
  • At 12:42am, the second heat of the "Legends of Bristol Street" comes to an end. The latest chip stacks, including our *new* chipleader will be posted on page one in a moment. A big congrats to all players advancing to Day 2! "petski" Pete is our Day 1B bubble-boy.
  • The  Bristol Street Legend Killer Survives Day 1  wooooooooooow :7c :7d

"HollyWoods"
  • Man, that hand with Eddy was only one of a good 10 exchanges we had heads-up.

I was fortunate to be on the winning end of the biggest of them.

Last night was a lot of fun and much longer than expected.

Good luck to those playing days C and D.

my favourite exchange of the night:

Cole "What do you figure the chances of someone from Day D winning the whole thing?"
    Me "uh... 1 in 4"
  • Congradulations everyone.

One Question for Mario: After that HUGE suckout what did you do with all my chips ?? :D
  • What do ya think he did? He pissed them away :).
  • Now if I can avoid suck outs from 2 players in tonights heat who seem to suck out on me. I won't mention any names but the worst is Mr. AJ twice to my large pair. Tom, stats are only good if you believe in them...... hehehehe. But I also seem to play my worst in Rob's basement, so I'll be looking to change that tonight too. Damn, 5 am is going to look foggy if I survive till 12:30 or so which seems to be the standard finish time.

Rob, where do the blinds start on day 2? I'm assuming not every day will finish at the same blind level.
  • Thanks to everyone last night especially Rob, I had a great time, good luck to everyone.

steve
  • The first few blind levels for Day 2 will be...

200-400
    300-600
    300-600 (100)
    400-800 (100)

And my apologies for the 12:30am end time for the Day 1 qualifiers. I did some bad math when putting together the schedule, and thought it would end *much* earlier that it has been. Unfortunatly, I'm kinda stuck with it as it's been used for two days.
  • It's ok Rob, your forgiven. Everyone's entitled to one mistake :) but seriously given the nature of this tourney, large chip stacks, tighter play should be the norm. Given that your donating your house to the poker playing community for several weeks you should be commended.
  • I don't know about you Joe but I plan on playing like a maniac tonight, I'll be bluffing and pushing people off pots all night long. No tigh stuff for me!

stp