The Legends of Bristol St. - DAY 1 ASSIGNMENTS

Comments

• compuease wrote:
    stpboy wrote:
    haddon wrote:
    I am not up on the pokerforum.ca politics and inside scoops...

So someone please answer honestly, is Day D thought to be a bunch of weak players/unknowns?

Well let me give you my input on that question.  Here are the players:

DAY 1D
    1. “Compuease” Jeff C
    2. “ddmilkcan” Dave D
    3. Larry L
    4. Bob S
    This is the Milton Crew, they finished 3rd at the Royal Cup and just returned from Vegas.  I'd watch out for Jeff as he seems to really be playing well lately although any of these guys could make the final table.

5. “Hork42”
    An experienced and knowledgable player, barring a bad beat he'll be there for Day 2

6. Frank
    7. Dave B
    8. Judy P
    9. Ken S
    10. Francine S

I don't personally know any of the above players, to my knowledge....
    11. “Blondfish”From what I know, plays mostly bar tournament but plays them well.  This tournament is not a bar tournament, way above the bar in my opinion!

12. “Psi” Sam
    I've played with Sam once or twice, he seemed solid to me.

13. “magithighs” Lou
    I haven't played with Lou very much myself but from what I've heard from players I really respect, he is the best player in this field.  He'll make the FINAL TABLE.  I would avoid him at all costs.

14. “TiMSuM”
    A member of the Royal Cups 2nd place team, the Kitchener Heart Break Kids.  This is his first appearance at Bristol and I'm wishing him well.

15. “Haddon” Josh H
    16. “Demonrage” James C
    17. “DirtyWhore” Mark B
    One of my picks to win the whole thing, a guy that is unreadable and can change gears when you least expect it.  Don't let his friendly yet obnoxious attitude get in your way of your goal, his chips!  

18. Dan L

stp

What politics?  BBC_Z is an ass.  There, political debate over.  (i'm kidding...debate isn't over).

1-4. Milton Crew- don't be surprised if one falls asleep at your table, they aren't the youngest bunch...  One has been depriving himself of nurishment for 3 weeks.  Albeit dizzy, they are solid players and even better guys.
    5. Hork42- final table bound?  It wouldn't surprise me.
    6-11.  I wouldn't know them if I tripped over them...that being said, don't underestimate ANYONE at Bristol.  Bristol is no Trout Farm.
    12.  PSI-    Legendary (in his own mind) Niagara/BCC player.  Solid.
    13.  Lou- Magithighs- Weak/tight, unable to make a play or a read.  Should donk off his chips in a half hour.  (ahem...my reads aren't that good...he just might be a pro who'd be able to sneak my wallet without me knowing.  Its poker, you can play with anyone, if you can avoid hands with Lou it may help your chip stack)
    14.  TimSum- Solid
    15/16- No idea, you are asking for info...how would you describe your game?
    17.  DrTyore- What can you say about Mark.  GREAT guy, strong player/maniac/riding fistpumping 2ndplace finishing no-pepi's wave.  He has shit, read board for where 78o/s is at ALL TIMES.
    18. No Idea. 
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    17.  DrTyore- He has shit, read board for where 78o/s is at ALL TIMES.

This may be the single greatest piece of advice for anybody who ever plays Mark
    If your hand is behind 78, you are beat. Fold. He does have it, and he will not fold it. EVER.

He may even raise it with a gutshot for deceptive purposes, you never know :)
  • Pinhead wrote:
    Wolffhound wrote:
    17.  DrTyore- He has shit, read board for where 78o/s is at ALL TIMES.

This may be the single greatest piece of advice for anybody who ever plays Mark
    If your hand is behind 78, you are beat. Fold. He does have it, and he will not fold it. EVER.

He may even raise it with a gutshot for deceptive purposes, you never know :)

Cracked aces with it at the KWGM finale... and I RAISED with it from UTG... then called the AA raise,

Hit mid-pair on the flop.... check-called

Turn pairs the 6's, so I KNOW I'm behind (I figured him for KK / AA)

Check / check

River brings that sweet sweet 8 for a boat.

I check, Shopsy looks at me, sighs, and says "I can't beat a full house - check"

Ahhh... you're finally learning.

Mark
  • What politics? BBC_Z is an ass. There, political debate over. (i'm kidding...debate isn't over).

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Ahhh... you're finally learning.

Mark

Atleast some of us are....

I think everyone at the table knew what Shopsy had when he raised preflop and bet on the flop.  Let's figure out the odds of you hitting your two outer.... :D
  • With 7-8?

1:1 baby.

Mark
  • BBC Z wrote:
    What politics?  BBC_Z is an ass.  There, political debate over.  (i'm kidding...debate isn't over).

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Must have gone to 2 eye patches!! LOL (till we meet again!)

Milton Slim (not yet)
  • Day D is tomorrow!! I've never been so excited to go out of a tourny first :D. First trip to Bristol, what's the Disney commercial? "I'm too excited to sleep" haha.

Seriously though, I feel like a 10 year old on Christmas eve.
  • haddon wrote:
    I've never been so excited to go out of a tourny first :D.

If you fold the first hand, you'll last longer than Wes did.

jk westside!!
  • haddon wrote:
    Day D is tomorrow!!  I've never been so excited to go out of a tourny first  :D.  First trip to Bristol, what's the Disney commercial? "I'm too excited to sleep" haha.

Seriously though, I feel like a 10 year old on Christmas eve.   
    Jeesh Josh, it's only a Bristol...  Not like it's the WSOP...   :)  Actually the Bristols are the BEST, Rob runs a fantastic tournament, in some ways better than a WSOP, only slightly less of an investment...  Remember, play your own game and you'll be fine...     We'll look after you!
    Right Lou?
  • I am only going to play 10 8 offsuit all night.
  • I am just excited because I am 12.
  • O look out everyone that gets delt  pockets twos, at the table with Lou , he will shoot them down TRUST ME , hes a hunter and a good one too..  but in the end the pocket  :7c :7d won it all for me : :d: :d: :d: :d: :d:
  • cole woods wrote:
    You Can Call Me The Legend Killer In This Tourny

Hey Randy Orton, you're going down. Even though you have more chips then me you better know who to stay away from. You may think you've got me trapped with your top two pair and thinking i'm on some kinda crazy draw, or an overpair...and then BAM! You've only got enough chips left to tip the exit interview hostess....

Watch it brother!

stp
  • . Frank
    7. Dave B
    8. Judy P
    9. Ken S
    10. Francine S

I don't personally know any of the above players, to my knowledge

They are:
    More Miltonians, The "Rock Pile" gets larger

Milton Slim (not yet)
    Anyone want to buy a belt? Will trade for a smaller one!!
  • We're being invaded by Miltonians!!! Run for your lives!!!

Anyway....

Just a quick reminder that Day 1D runs tonight at 7pm (doors open at 6:30). Tonight is the final "Day 1" and I should have more details about Day 2 later this afternoon.

See you this evening!!

Rob.
  • Essentially, at town council this past week, the mayor officially declared that Kitchener/Waterloo is now a suburb of Milton

Friendly reminder Blue box now only every second Tuesday

Milton Slim (not yet)
  • It is finally the last day 1. Good luck to all who play tonight.

Once it is established, would someone be able to field a report on the players who qualify for day 2?

It sounds as thought the day 2 field will be extremely difficult.

How long would you expect the field of ~31 to be eliminated to the nine required before closing for Day 3?

See you Saturday!!
  • We're coming in force lol.

But I'll be coming back on sunday unlike the other chumps ooooooooooooooh

Let the trash talking commence!

:fish:
  • Psi wrote:
    We're coming in force lol.

Well if you're coming back on Sunday it must to be to clean up after the ticker tape parade,, Ya might be a little late.
  • gl to everyone tonight. try not to get hit by a rock.
  • Perry D. wrote:

Once it is established, would someone be able to field a report on the players who qualify for day 2?

Do you mean "Who is everyone, and how do they play?"

I'll tell you all you need to know about me right now... ask Pinhead

How to not lose money to the Mark:

A: See flop

B: Look how your hand fares against 7-8

C: Fold as necessary.

Mark
  • compuease wrote:
    Psi wrote:
    We're coming in force lol.

Well if you're coming back on Sunday it must to be to clean up after the ticker tape parade,, Ya might be a little late.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

THough some of us may be passed out at Rob's!!

Mark
  • Perry D. wrote:
    How long would you expect the field of ~31 to be eliminated to the nine required before closing for Day 3?

Actually, we'll be playing down to 6 players on Day 2. The schedule is almost finalized, but we'll be starting up at 2pm and, with a dinner break in between. I expect the final 6 to be done around 9-10pm.

There will be side game for people that bust out or show up, and I'll have more details of that very, very soon!
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Perry D. wrote:

Do you mean "Who is everyone, and how do they play?"

I'll tell you all you need to know about me right now... ask Pinhead

How to not lose money to the Mark:

A:  See flop

B:  Look how your hand fares against 7-8

C:  Fold as necessary.

Mark

Be warned, Mark is also starting to respect the ways of the Pinhead and play J9s
    as if it's the nuts too
  • FYI...

We've had one late cancellation, so there is room for one more player this evening. If you're intereted, post in this thread and it will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks!!
  • Doh and I was about to post a Scooty Z song. I guess Lou has some chance now.
  • What time did the three previous tournaments start at?  The Milton Maniacs may be driving in a procession from a veterinarian's office around 6 PM tonight, but depending on the traffic, that may not be enough time to arrive at Bristol by 7 PM.  I will first need to get a rabies shot from the vet to protect against all the rabid jackals tonight.  :D

Let the Rocks get ready to rumbbbllleee!
  • I was planning to railbird for while tonight, but I'm feeling ill and won't be able to watch. DAMIT!!

Rob, some live updates would be nice.

Good Luck to all, I'll see you on Saturday.

JohnnieH