Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    Ok, let's see the response folks, 7PM May 8th, 15 min blinds, 10K chips, $20. entry.

Very little chatter about this... is this still a thing? I don't think I saw anyone registered!

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    compuease wrote: »
    Ok, let's see the response folks, 7PM May 8th, 15 min blinds, 10K chips, $20. entry.

Very little chatter about this... is this still a thing? I don't think I saw anyone registered!

Mark

Correction - there are 5 so far (phone app P* is trash)
    Mark
    DrTyore wrote: »

Mark

Mark

Have u signed up?
  • Results for Tourney #224 (tonight's 'freeze out' game)

e5gfnrn11coc.png
  • I had offered a three-way ICM chop at 10pm break
    4t49gq2xz3jm.png
    torontotablecpt

Mark

Mark

Have u signed up?

I will be... Just a rough week to get to my laptop... It's on another floor and my knee blew up with gout... Wasn't a priority. :(. Will be there though.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Have u signed up?

I will be... Just a rough week to get to my laptop... It's on another floor and my knee blew up with gout... Wasn't a priority. :(. Will be there though.

Mark

That shows some great commitment to the game. Maybe if others can commit ahead of time we wouldn’t have to worry about people pulling out last minute in case there isn’t enough people for them to participate.

@compuease is there a late reg period?
  • yes, 90 min for this (6 blind levels) which I can't change.
  • I think we will cancel the turbo on Friday evenings, just not enough interest. Also disappointed in the preregistration for tonights $20. NL at 7. Only 6 so far and I really don't want to invest the time for less than 10 players.
  • Are there any concrete suggestions to changes we can make? Perhaps just Tuesdays and Fridays for the summer?
  • I was surprised last night that there was only 4 players last night for the rebuy. Most Friday’s we get the same amount of players in both games.

I don’t have any suggestions for days of the games. Maybe players can commit to one big game once a month instead of weekly games?

Not sure if $5 is not enough for the games?

• Maybe players can commit to one big game once a month instead of weekly games?

If that were true then we should get a lot of players this evening.. Somehow I doubt it. We need to get back to live..

• for me I don't like the rebuy cuz it's 5-minute blinds. Just personal opinion but I like playing poker and I don't care if it takes three or four hours to play a game. I know not everyone's the same.
  • 9 in now, looks better. Remember it is a 7pm start time NOT 7:30
  • The problem |I have (and Yuliana) is that |I don't much enjoy playing 2 games simultaneously, while chatting on discord, and trying to get some socializing in. The "rebuy" aspect is also weird because we have such a large stating stack, and even when we have like 10 people, we're lucky to get 1 or 2 rebuys. I know the play money really restricts what options we have for the game however, so there's nothing I fault you lovely folks for. I don't know that the rebuy is cannabalizing anything from the other game however.

Mark
  • I have signed up, but like Jeff, I don’t want to play if we have less then 10 players. I don’t want to play for 90 minutes at a 4 player table. If we don’t have 10 by 6:55, I will be unregistering. Please sign up ASAP, if you are playing.
    torontotablecpt
    9 in now, looks better. Remember it is a 7pm start time NOT 7:30

Also, I may have done this earlier in the day.. when we did this back several months ago wasn't it an afternoon start? Like 4? Maybe 2? I don't remember.

Mark
  • edited May 2021
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    for me I don't like the rebuy cuz it's 5-minute blinds. Just personal opinion but I like playing poker and I don't care if it takes three or four hours to play a game. I know not everyone's the same.

I hear ya , I’ll play any format, but the oldies here can’t do much more than 2 hours for a game if it starts past 730. Or they have to start the game at 5pm. Like a blue plate special game.
  • shh, we are having this later as hopefully Gogie will fall asleep and blind off.
    Maybe players can commit to one big game once a month instead of weekly games?

If that were true then we should get a lot of players this evening.. Somehow I doubt it. We need to get back to live..

Well if not for the new blood, the bobs , moodeyj etc, and me gogie addicted and tot, might as well cancel them.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I have signed up, but like Jeff, I don’t want to play if we have less then 10 players. I don’t want to play for 90 minutes at a 4 player table. If we don’t have 10 by 6:55, I will be unregistering. Please sign up ASAP, if you are playing.

Pretty sure that’s how we lost @niks1 and @djgolfcan. No one registers ahead of time
  • Pretty sure that’s how we lost @niks1 and @djgolfcan. No one registers ahead of time
    So what's the solution... Stars has preconfigured setup, the late reg is set at 6 levels and I can't change it. We always seem to have to play short until the end of late reg. Methinks niks was likely tired of depositing.
  • @woog30 runs another game and had the same problem. He got rid of late registration and numbers have gone up.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited May 2021
    I see that I can eliminate late reg, will certainly consider that going forward. I didn't realize I can set that. What is the buyin to woogs game? Thx.
    shh, we are having this later as hopefully Gogie will fall asleep and blind off.
    Wouldn't be the first time! Maybe I'll have a pregame nap tonight (but I'll set an alarm). :)
  • @compuease the game is $10, it's a group that use to play at my place every Wednesday. We average 12 players, and play 2 - 2 hour games a couple nights a week. We use to have late registration but players could come in 40 minutes into a 2 hour game. When I changed I got a few comments, "I can't make it in time", within in one week everybody signs up in time. I found if you don't give opportunity for excuses, people need to choose if they want to play or not.
  • PS 4 handed to start a game sucks
    beach2002
  • 10 pre-registered now.
    I would support getting rid of the rebuy and the late registration. I think the current schedule of three games 3 days a week is good. Maybe we commit to the last Saturday of every month we play a $20 and no game on Friday or Sunday that week.

Gogie
  • 10 pre-registered now.
    I would support getting rid of the rebuy and the late registration. I think the current schedule of three games 3 days a week is good. Maybe we commit to the last Saturday of every month we play a $20 and no game on Friday or Sunday that week.
    Keep the Friday game but drop the Sunday game the week of the "big" game.
  • I do like the rebuy option though