Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• 10 pre-registered now.
    I would support getting rid of the rebuy and the late registration. I think the current schedule of three games 3 days a week is good. Maybe we commit to the last Saturday of every month we play a $20 and no game on Friday or Sunday that week.

As long as it isn’t a long weekend. Even though not much to do lately.
  • compuease wrote: »
    shh, we are having this later as hopefully Gogie will fall asleep and blind off.

Pffft. I like to beat him the legit way. With a three outer on the flop.
  • I do like the rebuy option though
    Keep Tuesday as a rebuy and Friday as a freeze out. Try PLO on Sunday for awhile and see what happens. Last Saturday of each month have a $20 freeze out.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    I do like the rebuy option though
    Keep Tuesday as a rebuy and Friday as a freeze out. Try PLO on Sunday for awhile and see what happens. Last Saturday of each month have a $20 freeze out.

Perfect, as long as the last Saturday of each month isn’t a long weekend.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited May 2021
    Ok, starting this week we will drop the superstack turbo on Friday. I will make the other three, Sunday, Tuesday and Friday 2 levels (20 min) late entry instead of 1 hr and see how that goes. Whenever we have the $20 game I will make it no late reg and see what happens. How's that?
    BuzzzarddtorontotablecptGogie
    edited May 2021
    I left the Tuesday rebuy as is because if I change it to 20 min late reg it also limits rebuys to 20 min which defeats the purpose...
    BuzzzarddtorontotablecptGogie
    edited May 2021
    Wonder if instead of a Saturday night $20 game once a month, we replace the last Friday of the month game with the $20. game? Maybe make the late entry 2 levels (30 min)? A few people have expressed to me that they can't play Saturday nights.
    torontotablecptGogie
  • [/quote]
    Methinks niks was likely tired of depositing.
    [/quote]

Haven't even spent a days pay yet, so nothing to do with why I haven't been playing.....
    Toronto Pimp
    edited May 2021
    lol, good comeback... I love it! Think I just made myself a target...
    niks1
  • Nice win bws
    compuease
  • fyi, DrTyore corrected me on payouts, 20+entries pays top 4
    edited May 2021
    After a few pm's we will set the schedule as follows, leaving a monthly $20. game on the last Saturday of the month.

Sunday 7:30 PLO Doublestack, 10 min blinds, 10K chips, freezout, late entry 20 min, 2 levels
    Tuesday 7:30 $5. NL Doublestack, 10 min blinds, 10K chips, 2 rebuys, late entry and rebuys 60 min, 6 levels
    Friday 7:30 $5. NL Doublestack, 10 min blinds, 10K chips, freezout, late entry 20 min, 2 levels
    Last Saturday of each month, 7:00 $20. NL Doublestack, 15 min blinds, 10K chips, freezout, late entry 30 min, 2 levels

One other qualification I would like to add, you will not qualify to play the Saturday game unless you have played at least 2 games previously that month. This will encourage people to also play the $5. games. If I had a way to award an extra 1K chip to those playing more than say half the games in the month I would but Stars doesn't seem to have that feature. :smiley:
    torontotablecptGogiethisORthatwaltsfriend
  • edited May 2021
    BWS35 is a formidable opponent and magnanimously accepted a chop as chip leader. Many thanks!!!
    32h5t5paone2.png
  • Would players be interested in a HU Tournament?

idrhh3ssgz5s.png
  • thisORthat wrote: »
    BWS35 is a formidable opponent and magnanimously accepted a chop as chip leader. Many thanks!!!
    32h5t5paone2.png

Bob is on a roll.
  • edited May 2021
    Maths question is this a 50/50 draw?

57jncr3s2edp.png

l4imbbxvvh8s.png
  • Looks like 100% win for flush.
  • This hand confused me did not realize how it was 50/50
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited May 2021
    Bob is on fire! Another victory for his trophy case
    i71teotss5a9.png

Last Hand was all in pre-flop 55 v A3h and the board ran out to a flush for Bob
    aqhpycaku6gc.png
    thisORthat
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    This hand confused me did not realize how it was 50/50

Anytime you're in the 14-15 outs range it's a coin flip with 2 cards to come. In this case 9 hearts, 3 sevens, and 2 twos would put this hand ahead (9+3+2 --> 14 outs).

Mark
    thisORthat
  • edited May 2021
    Any other players wondering about Woods Series of Poker 2021?
  • Tourney #226 - Looks like a chop for tonight's game
    0wo6ywhqawtc.png
  • compuease wrote: »
    After a few pm's we will set the schedule as follows, leaving a monthly $20. game on the last Saturday of the month.

Sunday 7:30 PLO Doublestack, 10 min blinds, 10K chips, freezout, late entry 20 min, 2 levels
    Tuesday 7:30 $5. NL Doublestack, 10 min blinds, 10K chips, 2 rebuys, late entry and rebuys 60 min, 6 levels
    Friday 7:30 $5. NL Doublestack, 10 min blinds, 10K chips, freezout, late entry 20 min, 2 levels
    Last Saturday of each month, 7:00 $20. NL Doublestack, 15 min blinds, 10K chips, freezout, late entry 30 min, 2 levels

One other qualification I would like to add, you will not qualify to play the Saturday game unless you have played at least 2 games previously that month. This will encourage people to also play the $5. games. If I had a way to award an extra 1K chip to those playing more than say half the games in the month I would but Stars doesn't seem to have that feature. :smiley:

Just a reminder to everyone that the $20 buy-in scheduled for May 29th requires players to have played at least 2 games in May before the 29th (excluding the last $20 buy-in). Most of the runners from the May 2 game have already qualified for the May 29th game but there's still a few who haven't. Lots of time yet to play a couple of games
  • As long as loosing games qualifies LOL
    As long as loosing games qualifies LOL
    I don't know how you can lose when you get guys like me shoving Ax against your AK. :P
  • It makes you feel any better The exact same thing happened to me 20 hands later with Steve in the big line with ace King ;)
    beach2002
    It makes you feel any better The exact same thing happened to me 20 hands later with Steve in the big line with ace King ;)
    The only thing that would have made me feel better would have been to spike my 4 on the river. :smiley:
    MrCaspan
  • Results from Tourney #228
    mwq58fm0gf32.png
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited May 2021
    Okay so this Saturday is the $20 tournament, only 2 have signed up so far. Lets get pre registered please if you are going to play. Remember you must have played 2 games in May before the 29th (IE the 29th game cant count as your second game) Also I am going to be streaming the game on Twitch and YouTube @DrTyore are you wanting to co host again? There will be a 5 minute delay on the stream so that we can talk about hands people are in without influencing the game.