Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• We had a huge turnout tonight for PLO. Hopefully a few more next week.
  • We had a huge turnout tonight for PLO. Hopefully a few more next week.

I thought it was cancelled
    compuease
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Okay so this Saturday is the $20 tournament, only 2 have signed up so far. Lets get pre registered please if you are going to play. Remember you must have played 2 games in May before the 29th (IE the 29th game cant count as your second game) Also I am going to be streaming the game on Twitch and YouTube @DrTyore are you wanting to co host again? There will be a 5 minute delay on the stream so that we can talk about hands people are in without influencing the game.

Hey!

I would be in for commentary sure.... is there a way for us to easily tell if we played the 2 games this month? I know I've been AWOL of late dealing with some stuff....

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    Okay so this Saturday is the $20 tournament, only 2 have signed up so far. Lets get pre registered please if you are going to play. Remember you must have played 2 games in May before the 29th (IE the 29th game cant count as your second game) Also I am going to be streaming the game on Twitch and YouTube @DrTyore are you wanting to co host again? There will be a 5 minute delay on the stream so that we can talk about hands people are in without influencing the game.

Hey!

I would be in for commentary sure.... is there a way for us to easily tell if we played the 2 games this month? I know I've been AWOL of late dealing with some stuff....

Mark

And....

I just realized I can check the PFC club tracking google doc. Looks like I've not played since the last $20 game... I'm guessing that game doesn't count towards 2 games then? Maybe I'll just do commentary this time around ;)

Mark
  • Play tonight and Friday, boom, you qualify...
    torontotablecpt
  • Oh I knew that was possible...

Just didn't think I wanted to commit to that many games this week...

Mark
  • edited May 2021
    Tourney #230
    6azc3vkqrd7x.png
    beach2002
  • edited May 2021
    {Deleted duplicate post}
  • MrCaspan wrote: »

With one qualifying game left we currently have 19 players qualified to play in Saturday's $20 buy-in and 3 registered (Gogie, MrCaspan and torontotablecpt).

There are 7 others who can qualify if they play Friday's $5 freeze out - bfiilmaff, Kanga, ItsaMe, Sgt.Rock, Young Grimm, BigBob488 (not on forum) and Wetts1012.

It doesn't look like we'll match last time's 20 runners unless we get a pickup in interest.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    MrCaspan wrote: »

With one qualifying game left we currently have 19 players qualified to play in Saturday's $20 buy-in and 3 registered (Gogie, MrCaspan and torontotablecpt).

There are 7 others who can qualify if they play Friday's $5 freeze out - bfiilmaff, Kanga, ItsaMe, Sgt.Rock, Young Grimm, BigBob488 (not on forum) and Wetts1012.

It doesn't look like we'll match last time's 20 runners unless we get a pickup in interest.

Or change the rules

• Or change the rules

What rule would you suggest changing?
  • [
    It was. A turnout of 0.

quote="torontotablecpt;c-420074"]
    We had a huge turnout tonight for PLO. Hopefully a few more next week.

I thought it was cancelled[/quote]

• edited May 2021
    I honestly don't see why there needs to be a minimum games played. Maybe some people only like $20 games. So be it.

I understand the theory behind getting people to play the regular games but I'll take what we can get.

Why not send out an MailChimp to all PFC members, drum up some interest?

Side note: how are you going to deal with someone accidentally signing up but hasn't qualified. Unless they drop out before it starts.
    compuease wrote: »

Or change the rules

niks1
  • Now that I've added my 2 cents worth I'll put up my offer to help. Comp, if there is anything you need help with on the game side of things I'd be happy to help.
  • I honestly don't see why there needs to be a minimum games played. Maybe some people only like $20 games. So be it.

I understand the theory behind getting people to play the regular games but I'll take what we can get.

Why not send out an MailChimp to all PFC members, drum up some interest?

Side note: how are you going to deal with someone accidentally signing up but hasn't qualified. Unless they drop out before it starts.
    compuease wrote: »

Or change the rules

I suspect comp's initial expectation is that the he can trust people not to abuse the rules. If need be those not qualifying can be temporarily "suspended" the day of the tournament and reinstated following the tournament.
    Toronto Pimp
  • [
    It was. A turnout of 0.

quote="torontotablecpt;c-420074"]
    We had a huge turnout tonight for PLO. Hopefully a few more next week.

I thought it was cancelled

[/quote]

Ah. Sarcastic. Right over my head
  • Soooo Saturday? Is it happening?
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited May 2021
    We have 3 people signed up so far still, I'm not going to waste hanging around and setting up a stream on a Saturday night if no one else can be bothered to commit to if they want to play. I know some people will show up at the last minute but this has been mentioned for a month. I say we call it tonight if there are less than 6 after the rebuy period has closed for tonight's game. Can anyone explain why during COVID people cannot commit to games?
    torontotablecpt
  • Maybe we can use @labeach2002 s suggestion and drop the rule for this week only AND/OR email the usual suspects to see if they want to play
  • I'd likely have been in, but due to a just calamity of stupidity happening in my life (well, let's just say one big one HUGE gout attack that ended up with me having to go to get my knee drained / painkillers / self medicating etc.), I didn't get a chance to do much poker lol.

I'd still be in for a stream, and if the limits were lifted I'd probably play too.... but I do understand and respect the why behind the limitations, and am not necessarily asking for special considerations for myself :)

Mark
    beach2002
  • If the games played requirement were loosened a bit for this month but changed back to 2 games in the current month beginning June 1 (to recognize that not all members/players might have been aware of the "rule" in time to ensure they qualify for this month) it would add a few more qualifiers. For example, if we were to allow anyone who played at least 2 games in either April or May (instead off May only) another 7 players would now be eligible: DrTyore, DataMn, ItsaMe, Young Grimm, clock_work_girl (not on forum), sm1tty94 (not on forum) and BigBob488 (not on forum). Also, 4 more can still qualify if they play tonight: Bfillmaff, Kanga, Sgt.Rock and Wetts1012.

Thoughts on this?
    torontotablecpt
  • I'm okay with whatever is decided but I still don't see why we need the rule at all.
    Buzzzarddniks1
    If the games played requirement were loosened a bit for this month but changed back to 2 games in the current month beginning June 1 (to recognize that not all members/players might have been aware of the "rule" in time to ensure they qualify for this month) it would add a few more qualifiers. For example, if we were to allow anyone who played at least 2 games in either April or May (instead off May only) another 7 players would now be eligible: DrTyore, DataMn, ItsaMe, Young Grimm, clock_work_girl (not on forum), sm1tty94 (not on forum) and BigBob488 (not on forum). Also, 4 more can still qualify if they play tonight: Bfillmaff, Kanga, Sgt.Rock and Wetts1012.

Thoughts on this?

Brian, do I qualify if I play tonight ?
    If the games played requirement were loosened a bit for this month but changed back to 2 games in the current month beginning June 1 (to recognize that not all members/players might have been aware of the "rule" in time to ensure they qualify for this month) it would add a few more qualifiers. For example, if we were to allow anyone who played at least 2 games in either April or May (instead off May only) another 7 players would now be eligible: DrTyore, DataMn, ItsaMe, Young Grimm, clock_work_girl (not on forum), sm1tty94 (not on forum) and BigBob488 (not on forum). Also, 4 more can still qualify if they play tonight: Bfillmaff, Kanga, Sgt.Rock and Wetts1012.

Thoughts on this?

You have already qualified, but you should play tonight anyway. :p
  • I'm okay with whatever is decided but I still don't see why we need the rule at all.
    The idea is to encourage more players for the "regular" games.
    Gogie wrote: »

Thoughts on this?

You have already qualified, but you should play tonight anyway. :p

Wooohoooooo

See you tonight.
  • Go HABS Go
    GogiethisORthat
  • Shhhh, we're not allowed to talk about the Habs here. :P
    Toronto PimpthisORthat
  • Tomorrows $20 game is now open to all. No minimum games played restriction.
  • edited May 2021
    This was commented while I was tanking in the middle of a big hand after tornotcpt had folded
    5p8egbgsglz3.png