Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• cause drama for no reason...
    Like harassing another player over their debt(s) when it's not your responsibility to collect?

• Seems to be a connection - I ditched the Habs' logo and both me and the Habs began to win. :smiley:
    torontotablecpt
  • thisORthat wrote: »
    cause drama for no reason...
    Like harassing another player over their debt(s) when it's not your responsibility to collect?

So when you came on and incorrectly posted that 5th ( where I placed) pays almost the same as where u placed, your intention wasn’t to start something, to instigate??
    You always start it. Even when someone beats you in a 55/45 or 60/40 pot you grumble. This will be the last I post about this. Grow up Henry.
  • As pointed out by Gogie... Am I missing something?
    https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/online-home-game-runners-getting-too-greedy-1787627/

Just kidding, maybe I'll only "rake" the people I don't like... Now I got ya thinking..
    Gogie
  • villain called a check-raise jam on the turn which is a fairly standard line drawing to a non-nutted flush draw HU

ly56c2lvh0y8.png

villain called a check-raise jam on the turn which is a fairly standard line drawing to a non-nutted flush draw HU

ly56c2lvh0y8.png

You play soooo bad @Buzzzardd lol, just kidding. That was sarcasm. Congrats on the win.
    Buzzzarddniks1
  • Hey comp, did you explain to petezky that you can only withdraw funds once a week and only an amount that does not exceed your single largest deposit that you have made?
    Just kidding petezky - you're too tough a player for me so I have to complain somehow.
    torontotablecpt
  • Anyone remember Full Tilt? Black Friday coming up....
  • I won't be on tonight, on my way back to a big client with server issues. Please track rebuys for me.
  • For anyone that wants to join Discord so you can smack talk hands here is the link

https://discord.gg/Z8W489yv
    thisORthat
  • I'll be the first to admit that I'm all luck. No style or talent. Just sheer donk luck!
    wb09y7ran2z2.png
    f5lzg3pj4qyo.png
    MrCaspan
  • Results from the freeze out
    dyc08a3bugit.png
    MrCaspan
  • edited April 2021
    Results from tonight's PLO game (time delay about twenty minutes)

2kvu1l1uqgww.png

kanfqtnclvz9.png

k7dzrpv0shks.png
  • Not every lost hand is a Bad Beat but this one certainly was?g3f6zj1lna19.png
  • My view is that a bad beat means you get it all in with the best hand and get sucked out on. She didn't get it all in until the river, and in fact it was me who shoved - she called. The betting before the river was pretty tame - she bet 1/2 the pot (163) on the flop and called my raise to 326. We both checked the turn. She bet 1146 on the river, I shoved 9137 and she called. Not a bad beat, just a tough hand to get away from.
    torontotablecptthisORthatToronto Pimp
  • Very fortunate river. This is why I try to refrain from limping in with AA
    9ans4qm46hm5.png
  • 45o is a decent hand heads up actually. Not to mention a middling pair on the flop. Unless Chipmuncher shoved preflop and no call, not sure the outcome would have changed much on this hand (what do others think?). I only have this picture to go on which is not enough personally, what are the stack sizes, blinds before the deal, what was the action? Limping AA in many different snarios is perfectly fine heads up. This is the ideal situation for Chipmuncher because he wants Gogie to hit a middling pair because it's a strong hand heads-up and Gogie should continue to call or put chips in the pot. Just an unlucky runout is all this was and unavoidable really unless Chipmuncher is super nit and has a decent stack left on the river and finds a fold.
  • PokerStars Home Game Hand #225818911862: {PFC Covid19 distraction} Tournament #3167850615, 17000+3000 Hold'em No Limit - Level XIX (1250/2500) - 2021/04/13 22:54:07 ET
    Table '3167850615 2' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 2: chpmuncher (76804 in chips)
    Seat 3: Gogie1 (113196 in chips)
    chpmuncher: posts the ante 315
    Gogie1: posts the ante 315
    chpmuncher: posts small blind 1250
    Gogie1: posts big blind 2500
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Gogie1 [4d 5h]
    chpmuncher: calls 1250
    Gogie1: checks
    *** FLOP *** [Jc 4h 2s]
    Gogie1: bets 2500
    chpmuncher: calls 2500
    *** TURN *** [Jc 4h 2s] [9c]
    Gogie1: bets 2500
    chpmuncher: calls 2500
    *** RIVER *** [Jc 4h 2s 9c] [4s]
    Gogie1: bets 7815
    chpmuncher: raises 12185 to 20000
    Gogie1: raises 85381 to 105381 and is all-in
    chpmuncher: calls 48989 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (36392) returned to Gogie1
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Gogie1: shows [4d 5h] (three of a kind, Fours)
    chpmuncher: shows [As Ad] (two pair, Aces and Fours)
    Gogie1 collected 153608 from pot
    chpmuncher finished the tournament in 2nd place and received 96900.
    Gogie1 wins the tournament and receives 161500 - congratulations!
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 153608 | Rake 0
    Board [Jc 4h 2s 9c 4s]
    Seat 2: chpmuncher (button) (small blind) showed [As Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Fours
    Seat 3: Gogie1 (big blind) showed [4d 5h] and won (153608) with three of a kind, Fours
    MrCaspan
    Not every lost hand is a Bad Beat but this one certainly was?g3f6zj1lna19.png

PokerStars Home Game Hand #225815619828: {PFC Covid19 distraction} Tournament #3167850615, 17000+3000 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (35/70) - 2021/04/13 19:53:48 ET
    Table '3167850615 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: moodeyj (9890 in chips)
    Seat 3: addicted69 (10000 in chips)
    Seat 4: COFFINNAIL80 (16312 in chips)
    Seat 5: Gogie1 (9542 in chips)
    Seat 8: Kristy_Jay (18831 in chips)
    moodeyj: posts the ante 9
    addicted69: posts the ante 9
    COFFINNAIL80: posts the ante 9
    Gogie1: posts the ante 9
    Kristy_Jay: posts the ante 9
    Kristy_Jay: posts small blind 35
    moodeyj: posts big blind 70
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Gogie1 [8h Th]
    addicted69: folds
    COFFINNAIL80: calls 70
    Gogie1: calls 70
    Kristy_Jay: calls 35
    moodeyj: checks
    *** FLOP *** [9h 7h Kh]
    Kristy_Jay: bets 163
    moodeyj: folds
    COFFINNAIL80: calls 163
    addicted69 said, "cheap leader to 1st rebuy.. ugh"
    Gogie1: raises 163 to 326
    Kristy_Jay: calls 163
    COFFINNAIL80: folds
    *** TURN *** [9h 7h Kh] [6h]
    Kristy_Jay: checks
    Gogie1: checks
    *** RIVER *** [9h 7h Kh 6h] [2s]
    Kristy_Jay: bets 1140
    Gogie1: raises 7997 to 9137 and is all-in
    Kristy_Jay: calls 7997
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Gogie1: shows [8h Th] (a straight flush, Six to Ten)
    Kristy_Jay: shows [Ah 7d] (a flush, Ace high)
    Gogie1 collected 19414 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 19414 | Rake 0
    Board [9h 7h Kh 6h 2s]
    Seat 1: moodeyj (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: addicted69 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: COFFINNAIL80 folded on the Flop
    Seat 5: Gogie1 (button) showed [8h Th] and won (19414) with a straight flush, Six to Ten
    Seat 8: Kristy_Jay (small blind) showed [Ah 7d] and lost with a flush, Ace high
    MrCaspan
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited April 2021
    Yeah no way this had was not playing out the way it played out... just poker gods playing games with players!
  • This was a cooler, not a bad beat....
    torontotablecpt
  • compuease wrote: »
    This was a cooler, not a bad beat....
    I'd consider AA loosing to 45o to be a suck out on the river. Seems to happen more often than not.
    Does anyone have the odds of a board pairing on the river?
  • Even when someone beats you in a 55/45 or 60/40 pot you grumble.

In my opinion my comments weren't too offensive. Sorry for expressing cynicism after continually getting in good then loosing to yet another uncanny river. I'll try to keep any further commentary in succinct with a fun atmosphere... this is a friendly game after all?
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited April 2021
    thisORthat wrote: »
    compuease wrote: »
    I'd consider AA loosing to 45o to be a suck out on the river. Seems to happen more often than not.
    Roughly 26.1% give or take...

Or I think you actually mean if one of villians cards is already paired what's the odds of villian hitting one of his cards to beat your AA?
    That's 5/(46-2) or 11.37% post turn. If you do the same calculation pre turn it's (5/(47-2))+(5/(46-2)) or 22.48%
    compuease wrote: »

Any of the board pairing?
    3 (remaining cards of each value)* 4(number of cards currently on the board) = 12 out of 46 (52 minus the 4 board cards, and the cards in your hand, assuming you know those, and they do not pair any of the board) cards left. About 26%.

Mark
  • Hate to complain @compuease but I somehow beat peteski tonight.
    MrCaspan
  • Am I now road kill..? lol.. sorry about that.
    Buzzzardd
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited April 2021
    Rebuy tournament results: @thisORthat woke up and decided to play the game with about 13 BB left, Full house over full house to double up against me, then AKo vs A3s to take me out and then from there it was all uphill and took second place! what a comeback. Everyone was laughing when a few of us decided all in first hand would be fun! GG
    9fuvzmhmp7dl.png
    thisORthat
  • edited April 2021
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    @thisORthat woke up and decided to play the game
    I took a snooze and forgot to set alarm. The nap seemed to enable me to make sound poker decisions. Except for HU I donked the opportunity to improve my game away. Getting lucky doesn't hurt either.