Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• I'd prefer if we got the other Cabrera.

dm_121115_mlb_al_mvp_cabrera.jpg
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I hate seeing pitching prospects Anthony Desclafani and Justin Nicolino go, but we need help in the rotation next season. Jose Reyes is a stud that helps our lineup. If we can stay healthy, we should contend next year.

No guarantee in them being johnson/buerhle caliber. Plus theyre stuck behind drabek Hutchinson and syndegaard in the depth chart anyways.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Awesome. Just what we need. A pill popper. :(

I don't care what he popped in the past. 8 mil for a legit .300 hitting corner OF with a bit of pop and speed is AWESOME.

If only the Jays had kept Napoli from the Wells trade 2 years ago or had added Fielder last year. Lind has got to go.
    Awesome. Just what we need. A pill popper. :(

[] want Melky to contribute to offense
    [x] want Melky to distract drug testers from hassling Bautista
  • moose wrote: »
    [] [x] want Melky to distract drug testers from hassling Bautista

16Million for a decoy?
  • I'm nervous about Melky's performance next season. Usually guys coming off PEDs have a huge downswing afterwards. Fingers crossed.

Also, WHEN THE FUCK is Selig going to sign off on the Marlins trade?!

Also, WHEN THE FUCK is Selig going to sign off on the Marlins trade?!

He's waiting to see how much NY and Boston are going to pay him to nix it. :D
    He's waiting to see how much NY and Boston are going to pay him to nix it. :D

I'm *this close* to drawing a Blue Jays logo on a tinfoil hat right now....
  • I am actually "this close" to becoming a baseball fan again . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    I am actually "this close" to becoming a baseball fan again . . .

Bandwagon hopper :D
  • You know it . . . shove over would ya? There's room . . .
    You know it . . . shove over would ya? There's room . . .

Haha....I've been aJays fan for life, baby!

I heard that Phil Jackson is interested in managing this team!
  • Meh . . . I lost interest in '94 . . . prior to that I was a fanatic. Not just Jays, but baseball in general . . . Even had a roto league with about half a dozen friends based on a game called Earl Weaver's Baseball, a game for Amiga computers. We played a 72 game season.
  • The Jays have picked up a major number of players last year that made up the 7th worst team in baseball.

=/

I'm not so ready to crown them but they'll be improved.
  • Macke wrote: »
    The Jays have picked up a major number of players last year that made up the 7th worst team in baseball.

=/

I'm not so ready to crown them but they'll be improved.

Just spitballing here . . . but what do you think of an Over/under line of 95.5 wins?
    Just spitballing here . . . but what do you think of an Over/under line of 95.5 wins?

100.00 on the under! ^-^

Prophet22
  • Before the Cabrera deal I saw somewhere that the over/under was at 87.5 wins. I don't think Cabrera wins them 8 extra games, but I suppose it is possible if he has a season like last year (without the suspension, of course).
    I'm nervous about Melky's performance next season. Usually guys coming off PEDs have a huge downswing afterwards. Fingers crossed.

Didn't hurt Ryan Braun...of course, he may have just kept taking the shit too.
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    Before the Cabrera deal I saw somewhere that the over/under was at 87.5 wins. I don't think Cabrera wins them 8 extra games, but I suppose it is possible if he has a season like last year (without the suspension, of course).

# crunchers on additional wins contributed say that Melky cost his teams earlier .5 wins a year, last years pace with KC/SF his number was +5
  • 100.00 on the under! ^-^

Prophet22

Eassy there, high roller . . . you'll bet me off the pot. :D
  • Let's just see how the chips fall with the other AL East teams moves before we go planning the parade route in downtown Toronto.
  • Zack Greinke?!?
  • Looking for someone who wants to chop a mini pack of games. 3 seats.
  • John Gibbons expected to be announced as manager today
  • Oh great, Captain Ejection.
  • moose wrote: »
    Jays fans take over Boston article. Read comments. Awesomeness.

Full Count » Red Sox manager John Farrell on ‘the surprise’ of the Blue Jays blockbuster.

Looks like the consensus is that Farrell can SUCK IT. :D