Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• No prevision. Do they bet the Yankees in the standings?
  • No prevision. Do they bet the Yankees in the standings?

With the injuries they had to endure last year not possible. With a semblance of health as I plainly laid out absolutely they will. If you can't understand/accept that, forget it.
  • QUOTE=Hellmuth's Mole;342029] - Buerhle, Johnson and Morrow start at least 28 games each or a total of 90 combined.[/QUOTE]

90 combined starts, what is the over/under translated into wins. Just out of curiosity.

Ok we will forget it. But you realize all teams have injuries. It is part of baseball. It is a matter of who deals with them the best that counts. Yankees have lost there starting 3rd baseman for the first 3 months and sign someone to replace him. They lose their closer, they promote from within. They lose a left fielder, they go to Seattle and Ichiro not to mention there starting pitching problems.

AA push his chips in to soon is all I am saying and the farm isn't there yet to make the moves to deal with the injuries that will come to save a promising season if the Jays are playing meaningful games in September.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Over on 86 wins for whatever you got left Brent.

Done and closed have updated you in my other post.

What would really suck for me is the Jays win 87 games and and still miss the playoffs by 7 games. lol
  • Travis D'Arnaud for RA Dickey trade in the works. Speculation on the future of New York Mets knuckleballer is heating up and the Toronto Blue Jays appear to be right in the thick of things.

This hurts my prediction. But is a great move!!

Prophet22
  • REPORT: BLUE JAYS SET TO DEAL D'ARNAUD IN PACKAGE FOR DICKEY. Can't believe this isn't garnering some kind of reaction today.
  • REPORT: BLUE JAYS SET TO DEAL D'ARNAUD IN PACKAGE FOR DICKEY. Can't believe this isn't garnering some kind of reaction today.

I don't like it. Knuckle baller at tail end of career. One good season. He's not a piece worth adding. I hope I'm wrong if trade happens.
  • While I reserve judgement on the merits of such a move, I doubt this rumour is true. How many AA deals were speculated on prior to them happening ? I suspect its the Mets floating this, to try and up the price for Dickey.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    While I reserve judgement on the merits of such a move, I doubt this rumour is true. How many AA deals were speculated on prior to them happening ? I suspect its the Mets floating this, to try and up the price for Dickey.

While the exact deal is not complete this is very close but is likely to include more players, maybe 5-6..
    While I reserve judgement on the merits of such a move, I doubt this rumour is true. How many AA deals were speculated on prior to them happening ? I suspect its the Mets floating this, to try and up the price for Dickey.

That's what I was thinking.
  • If it is true could this be Esteban Loaiza for Michael Young all over again?
  • JP has confirmed the trade.
    ViaTwitter wrote:
    Just involved in a huge trade... Traded 4 blue M&M's and a color to be named, for a Purple G2 Gatorade and cash for a snicker bar! #rumors

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the deal between the two clubs as it stands on Saturday, would see seven players switch teams, with Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and a prospect heading to Toronto for catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud, pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard, recently acquired catcher John Buck and another prospect.

Still a doubter?
  • Deal is done pending contract extension for Dickey.
    mlb.com wrote:
    the New York Post reported that the deal will also send catcher Josh Thole and a prospect to Toronto for catchers Travis d'Arnaud and John Buck, right-handed pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard and a third prospect.
  • Assuming they get the contract extension, What would your pitching rotation be and how do you think we compare with the Tigers?

1. Mark Buehrle
    2. Brandon Marrow
    3. RA Dickey
    4. Josh Johnson
    5. Ricky Romero
  • 1.Mark Buehrle
    2.Brandon Marrow
    3.RA Dickey
    4.Josh Johnson
    5.Ricky Romero

Wow. When you write it out, our rotation is staaacked!

Fingers crossed for a healthy season!
  • moose wrote: »
    AA scouting the prison leagues now?

Sure . . . where do you think the Indians found Vaughn?
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    I don't like it. Knuckle baller at tail end of career. One good season. He's not a piece worth adding. I hope I'm wrong if trade happens.

You're wrong. Dickey is a knuckleballer, which means he is no where CLOSE to the downs side of his career yet. Those schmos can throw until they are 50 if they don't lose the plot.
  • And these guys are competing for the Bullpen.

Drew Hutchison
    Kyle Drabek
    J.A. Happ
    Aaron Laffey
    Brad Lincoln
    Carlos Villanueva
    Sergio Santos
    Darren Oliver
    Casey Janssen
    Steve Delabar
    Luis Perez
    Brandon Frasier

Barring some major injuries, I think the Jays now have a chance to get to 93 wins. looks like I will be paying out in September.
  • carlos is a fa, oliver hasn't resigned, and can't remember if we designated Laffey or not. Bradon Fraser is chasing mummies, and Perez won't be back for half the year.
  • Assuming they get the contract extension, What would your pitching rotation be and how do you think we compare with the Tigers?

1. Mark Buehrle
    2. Brandon Marrow
    3. RA Dickey
    4. Josh Johnson
    5. Ricky Romero

My only change is Romero after Dickey. With the year he had last year, it would be nice for him to be able to follow the knuckleballer in a series.
  • Don't forget Drabek had Tommy John in June 2012.
  • The more I think about it the less I like it and hope they can't work out an extension.

I would rather they over pay for Marcum or another free agent pitcher and keep the top prospects for mid-season moves that might have to be made. Best case scenario you sign a guy like Marcum, everything goes great and don't need to move D'Arnaud or any of the young guns. Putting their top 3 prospect assets (D'Arnaud, Marisnik, Syndergaard) up for this shot seems a bit much. The Miami trade was a windfall.... this move seems like a an over reach when it's needed least.
  • The more I think about it the less I like it and hope they can't work out an extension.

I would rather they over pay for Marcum or another free agent pitcher and keep the top prospects for mid-season moves that might have to be made. Best case scenario you sign a guy like Marcum, everything goes great and don't need to move D'Arnaud or any of the young guns. Putting their top 3 prospect assets (D'Arnaud, Marisnik, Syndergaard) up for this shot seems a bit much. The Miami trade was a windfall.... this move seems like a an over reach when it's needed least.

I totally agree. AA is all in here and if he has to make a move to save the season, Gose will be the one leaving town.

Drew Hutchison
    Kyle Drabek
    J.A. Happ
    Aaron Laffey
    Brad Lincoln
    Carlos Villanueva
    Sergio Santos
    Darren Oliver
    Casey Janssen
    Steve Delabar
    Luis Perez
    Brandon Frasier

Barring some major injuries, I think the Jays now have a chance to get to 93 wins. looks like I will be paying out in September.

Isn't Villanueva a UFA?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Isn't Villanueva a UFA?

Maybe, i just went through some of the guys we had last year that we are still negotiating with. I like these moves AA is making though, it will be an exciting summer for sure.
  • Fox Sports is reporting the Dickey deal is done pending a physical

Drew Hutchison
    Kyle Drabek
    J.A. Happ
    Aaron Laffey
    Brad Lincoln
    Carlos Villanueva
    Sergio Santos
    Darren Oliver
    Casey Janssen
    Steve Delabar
    Luis Perez
    Brandon Frasier

Don't forget Esmil Rogers (thanks John Farrell), Juan Abreu, Jeremy Jefress and Dustin McGowan.
  • So we traded Halladay and Syndergaard for broken armed Drabek, Gose and 38 year old Dickey.
  • Jays 9-5

Would have been a nice bet 6 weeks ago at 100-1

Milton Slim