Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• Hey I love Moyer. He probably doesn't have it anymore but the soft-tosser can eat innings, especially if Alvarez is also gone.

Welcome back AAAdam Lind. Not.
  • esp since the starting rotation is now Romero and ummm .... The 51's
  • I wish we had picked up Jeff Francis when he was avail
  • Sickaments...

Or how about this? Jose Bautista has just only one more strikeout (14) in the month of June than he does home runs (13). Compare that with Adam Dunn who has the second most home runs in the Majors with 24, he struck out 39 times while hitting 8 home runs in June.

Yesterday, Bautista set a new Blue Jays franchise record for home runs in a single month with 13. That broke the previous record set by Carlos Delgado in August of 1999 and Jose Cruz Jr. in August of 2001.

Here are just a few more incredible facts during Jose Bautista's "June Swoon"; he's seen 37 sinkers from right handed pitchers this month, and not swung and missed on a single one. Jose has seen 36 fastballs from lefties, and not swung and missed on a single one.
  • moose wrote: »
    Yesterday, Bautista set a new Blue Jays franchise record for home runs in a single month with 13. That broke the previous record set by Carlos Delgado in August of 1999 and Jose Cruz Jr. in August of 2001.

There's 3 more games left this month too!
    Pinhead wrote: »
    Not sure which part of Vladdy was a mistake, they essentially invited him to a free tryout and didn't rush him, especially when they were about to start interleague play and his only use would be a PH AB

It was a mistake in hindsight I guess. If Moyer had anything left in the tank, he wouldn't have been cut twice this year.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    If Moyer had anything left in the tank, he wouldn't have been cut twice this year.

It appears that the Moyer experiment will be short-lived. Heard 3 BB, 2 HR in first 2/3 of an inning tonight for Vegas... Wonder what Brian Tallet is doing these days, he can't help with the pitching but some facial hair lessons could go a long way towards intimidating the opposition

Edit: What I heard about Moyer was way off, apparently his line was 5IP, 3 runs on 7 hits and a walk.
    Sickaments...

Or how about this? Jose Bautista has just only one more strikeout (14) in the month of June than he does home runs (13). Compare that with Adam Dunn who has the second most home runs in the Majors with 24, he struck out 39 times while hitting 8 home runs in June.

Here are just a few more incredible facts during Jose Bautista's "June Swoon"; he's seen 37 sinkers from right handed pitchers this month, and not swung and missed on a single one. Jose has seen 36 fastballs from lefties, and not swung and missed on a single one.

That's amazing. We've never had a player of this calibre on the Jays.

stp
  • Hill hit for the cycle.

If you've heard that already, I mean he did it a second time.

Holy Fuck.
  • Adam Lind won me $10.00 at last night's game. Still managed to finish down $10.00 on other props though . . . anybody know who won?
  • No mo`Moyer. Goodbye, we hardly knew ya.
  • I don't think I can watch anymore. I think I'm injured too.
  • Crushed by yankees, crush bosox, crushed by As, what gives?
  • That last game was ugly.
  • Back on track with a win tonight....
  • except it was a day game.
    except it was a day game.

Apparently +39K where in attendance!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Apparently +39K where in attendance!

It was Camp Day. So a lot of kids from day camps tho
  • 45 yo Omar Vizquel hits a triple.

Man I feel old. :(
  • He was getting close to setting the modern day record for most PA without an extra base hit.
  • When Gose hit the wall chasing the foul ball I felt it.
  • payperview wrote: »
    When Gose hit the wall chasing the foul ball I felt it.

That was pretty bad, the marks on the wall were still there at the end of the game
  • Awesome. One opening day starter in today's lineup and 6 guys from AAA LV 51s. I have no clue why St. John's Ambulance doesn't sponsor the Jays.

Also watch the highlights tonight for "The Catch". Saw it live. Unbelievable.
    Awesome. One opening day starter in today's lineup and 6 guys from AAA LV 51s. I have no clue why St. John's Ambulance doesn't sponsor the Jays.

Also watch the highlights tonight for "The Catch". Saw it live. Unbelievable.

Just for those who haven't seen it..

Rajai Davis Video: Blue Jays OF Makes Catch Of Year Against Yankees : The Clubhouse
  • Saw many calling it best catch in SkyDome history, certainly hard to argue it being right up there. Believe the walls are 10' tall for a little perspective...
  • Howarth says the only other person to take away a homer at SkyDome was Griffey Jr.
  • wow that snag was unbelieveable!
  • Still like Devo's in the Series better . . .
  • Not Jays related but

gg Johnny Peski
    Died today @ 92
  • Anybody have him in the Pool?