Hope this aint true, Online poker being shut down?

Comments

• P* cashout now rec'd too. Just waiting on a few of the minor sites.
  • Says now Stars no longer servicing US Players. I transferred Money out of both accounts last night. Tilt and Stars.
    Pool Money + Leaving less than 10$ in each. I am taking a break.
    Good Thing Holy Crap!
  • my cashouts were instant from ftp today.
  • Yeah I just cashed out most of my funds.... I requested a cheque, and it didnt give me any problems... keep my fingers crossed that it comes now!

On a side note, I played a $10+1 mtt last night (25k guaranteed) and it had a $4k overlay. I didnt think stars ever had overlays. lol I bet tonight will have lots though!!

oh, and SMD OBAMA!!!
  • I have to wait until I get home to cash out. :(
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I have to wait until I get home to cash out. :(

The drive home was an anxious one! :D
  • Can somebody why we are effected by this? Are we jumping the gun a little by withdrawing all our funds?
  • Well I cashed out most funds back to Moneybookers from the sites I have any significant funds on, just in case. Easy to go back if I need to. Tilt was back in my MB within minutes. Still waiting on 4 others.

OK, Stars just arrived within 5 min. Sites I am waiting on are Bodog, Bwin and UB.

Actually Tilt was fine, lol, just looked and Stars has credited only $10. back to my Moneybookers, the email says the balance to be sent within 72 hrs... WTF Stars you give me $10. and hold the other few hundred?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Can somebody why we are effected by this? Are we jumping the gun a little by withdrawing all our funds?

On the other hand I've got a whole lot more spending money for Vegas now. :wav:
    Can somebody why we are effected by this? Are we jumping the gun a little by withdrawing all our funds?

Just better safe than sorry.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    from what I've heard it's only affecting US players right now

This is also what I am reading...I can't cash out because I just made a deposit to Stars, (gotta wait 48hrs) but again, it isn't much...think I will run the gauntlet with it and play a bunch of the overlays (if there are) tonight and cash out as much as I can as soon as I can.

Moose having no issues cashing out of either site today makes me more comfortable and thinking that it is mostly a US issue (for the time being)
  • Playing on Stars right now. Not too many Americans are playing. None in this
    sng and only 1 out of 280 for the 4K I would normally play.
    Usually half the registrations are American
  • I can't cash out from FT. I get "can't establish secure connection to server"

Maybe, we know next to nothing at this point other than nothing good can happen, lol. I think the only way people never see their money is some worst case scenario that is unlikely to happen, but I can't say for certain.
  • I have less than a hundo on either of the big 2. If Uncle Sugar needs my coin that bad, meh . . .

In the meantime, and in between time, Imma gonna play . . .
  • Reports from Andrew Feldman (@ESPN_Poker on Twitter) is that all 3 sites that were hit today will be down everywhere in the next 48hours, this includes where they are legal
  • Stars has a $5k limit for mb every 24hrs and $15k max over 3 days. Some guys are going to have some trouble.

FT instant withdrawal, that was pretty quick.

This Sunday will be interesting, too bad I have to go out tonight, all the guarantees are still there for tonight.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Reports from Andrew Feldman (@ESPN_Poker on Twitter) is that all 3 sites that were hit today will be down everywhere in the next 48hours, this includes where they are legal

For how long? Anybody know? Best guess?
  • I have about $55 on Stars and about .55 on Tilt lol.

Is it wrong I'm thinking of tossing it on one of the $55 70K Guarantees in the next couple of days and just hoping for some crazyass rungood :)
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I have about $55 on Stars and about .55 on Tilt lol.

Is it wrong I'm thinking of tossing it on one of the $55 70K Guarantees in the next couple of days and just hoping for some crazyass rungood :)

Haha...nope..That's what I am doing tonight.
  • The overlays tonight will be huge.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Haha...nope..That's what I am doing tonight.
    lets have a party!
  • I'll be playing every guarantee from 8pm to 8am - I'm going to be dead tired at Buzzards but hopefully richer.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I'll be playing every guarantee from 8pm to 8am - I'm going to be dead tired at Buzzards but hopefully richer.

Only if you can cash it out in the end...lol Which, I am personally not counting on..but here's to hoping!
  • These American sons of b******!!! They have no right to play with our money on these pokersites. They are trying to seize all assets, yet the vast majority of those assets are likely not from American players but from players from other countries.

USDOJ: Contact the Department

I think we should all email them - sparing no expletives and tell them to F*** off to Hell!!!

Opinions? :arghh:
  • Yeah, that'll work.

As for the $$$ on those sites, it is like chips in the pot. It isn't yours until you cash it out. Until then, it is similar to a promisory note (i.e. a promise to pay).
  • Posted on another site:

24218d1302906979-fbi-seizes-stars-ft-absolute-untitled-1.jpg
  • moose wrote: »
    Posted on another site:

24218d1302906979-fbi-seizes-stars-ft-absolute-untitled-1.jpg

What is?
  • Stars 11$ 25K GTD. Not an American in sight.