Bristol St. Heads-UP; Results and Matches thread

STARTING CHIPS: Each match will have the same format with each player starting with 10,000 chips. The suggested distribution is 12 x (green-25), 12 x (black-100), 7 x (purple-500), 5 x (yellow-1000).

BLINDS: 20 minute levels.
25-50, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400, 300-600(capped)

ONLINE BRACKETS: Bristol Street 2008 Heads-up Championship

CURRENT MATCHES: (status)

"ItsaMe" v "QTJen" (3 weeks behind!!!)
"DataMn" v "Vince D" (2 weeks behind)
"beanie" v ?? (2 weeks behind)
"8Ball" v "The Awesome" (1 week behind)
"joeheartsdi" v "stpboy" (ontime)
"Mmoose" v ?? (1 week ahead)
"Buzzardd" v ?? (2 weeks ahead)

AVAILABLE BRISTOL STREET NIGHTS/TIMES

Wed, Sept 17th

MATCH PACING

Week 1 - Round 1 (current)
Week 2 - Winner's Round 1, Loser's Round 1
Week 3 - Loser's Round 2
Week 4 - Winner's Round 2, Loser's Round 3
Week 5 - Loser's Round 4
Week 6 - Winner's Round 3, Loser's Round 5
Week 7 - Loser's Round 6
Week 8 - Winner's Round 4, Loser's Round 7
Week 9 - Loser's Round 8 (Third place match)
Week 10 -Finals

RESULTS

1. "stpboy" (52 points) $365
2. "Buzzzardd" (37 points) $203
3. "joeheartsdi" (30 points) $121
4. "DataMn" (26 points) $81
5. "Mmoose" (23 points) $40
6. "The Awesome" (21 points)
7. "8Ball" (19 points)
7. "Beanie" (19 points)
9. "peteski" (16 points)
9. "800Over" (16 points)
9. "ItsaMe" (16 points)
9. "VinceD" (16 points)
13. "Zithal" (15 points)
13. "isnork" (15 points)
13. "Quimby" (15 points)
13. "QTJen" (15 points)
17. "moose" (0 points)
17. "kristy_sea" (0 points)
17. "Oragami" (0 points)
17. "FASSman" (0 points)
17. "Kanga" (0 points)
17. "JohnnieH" (0 points)
17. "Hellmuth's Mole" (0 points)
17. "TwoThree" (0 points) (DQ)
25. "DrTyore" (0 points)
25. "Aiki65" (0 points)
25. "Flint Bones" (0 points)

Comments

• I'll also post the obligatory first thread...

The friggin host gets a bye?!?!?! Bristol St. is RIGGED!!!!! :)
  • Zithal wrote: »
    I'll also post the obligatory first thread...

So basically you have just given the byes to the super dooper ultra coolest kids ....props biatch!
  • Zithal wrote: »
    I'll also post the obligatory first thread...

I'm not complaining...heeheehee.

There's some great matches here....Moose vs Kanga, Drtyore vs 8Ball. Should be fun to watch.

If anyone needs a venue I can host some matches. Just post or PM.
  • Kanga, my wife is out of town this week. Host my place Fri night? Helmuth's Mole, that's for you too. (vs MrsMoose) say 9pm
  • My spreadsheet is almost done with players name / addresses and phone numbers. I'll send that out tomorrow as it'll likely be the best way to get a hold of people.
  • moose wrote: »
    Kanga, my wife is out of town this week. Host my place Fri night? Helmuth's Mole, that's for you too. (vs MrsMoose) say 9pm

Friday night is not possible for me. Let me know when it works after that.
  • I am in need of TwoThree's contact info. I thought I had it from last year, but I don't, so if someone has it, please send it to me as Oragami is looking to get to his match.

Thanks!!

PS. The online brackets are now up and updated! (Bristol Street 2008 Heads-up Championship)
  • Can you post the starting chips, breakdown and blind schedule in your first post.
    Kanga, my wife is out of town this week. Host my place Fri night? Helmuth's Mole, that's for you too. (vs MrsMoose) say 9pm
    We're out of town getting back Saturday, so the earliest would be Saturday night (or Sunday, which would be better).

And who is "fassman"? Does Sunday night work for you?
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    We're out of town getting back Saturday, so the earliest would be Saturday night (or Sunday, which would be better).

And who is "fassman"? Does Sunday night work for you?

FASSman does not visit the boards often. You'll have to get ahold of him by phone or email.

I'll report the format in the OP.

R.
  • I've altered the original post to include all the information you need at a glance, including the matches currently being played and how far ahead or behind the pace of 1 game per week they are.

Let me know if there's anything else that that would be helpful.
  • Sunday no good - Jays game.
    Mon is ok but not great because Fran has to work early the next day.

How about Thurs night Jul 24 9pm. Ok for Kanga and Hellmuth's Mole? We can open it up to anyone who wants to play heads up.
  • Jen/Trevor

If you can get Vince D to show up at Moose's place perhaps we could nail down three games....if Moose doesn't mind.
  • Jen/Trevor

If you can get Vince D to show up at Moose's place perhaps we could nail down three games....if Moose doesn't mind.

Chips ready. Waiting for players.

P1000619.JPG

Got a few goodies today:

P1000621.JPG
    Sunday no good - Jays game.

How about Thurs night Jul 24 9pm. Ok for Kanga and Hellmuth's Mole? We can open it up to anyone who wants to play heads up.

Works for me. Can you pm directions? If you're the North Cambridge I would likely come from K-W if the South it's easy for me to drop down to the 97.
  • very close to 97. will pm map when everything is settled.
  • Main thread update with cash and points payouts for the tournament.

Also a note to everyone.. I've noticed that traffic to the site has gone WAY down since last year, so your first line of communication should be phone/email; it will likely be far more effective.

Finally... is anyone coming over to play their game tonight? Stuff will be set-up regardless.
    Sunday no good - Jays game.

Sorry - we're away until this Saturday (the 26th), but are pretty much available anytime after we return (to keep things close to schedule).
  • Jen/Trevor

Vince had to work and didn't make it away with us, so he's still in town this week. No idea his schedule though, so probably best to call him (he doesn't visit the forum).
  • Just got word that "isnork" v. "Kristy_sea" is this evening!
  • I feel a little sheepish....but after a well played match Bye succumbed to the ultimate suckout when I called his all in with 7-2o on the first hand of the match. His AA failed to hold up when the board gave me a straight flush to the 6. Thanks for the great game Bye and good luck in the losers side. I have a feeling I'll be seeing you again.

Mrs. Moose (via moose) am I to assume there is no match tonight? It still works for me if it does for you.
  • 3+ hours makes a long night. Kristy_Sea played, as expected, solid poker but lady luck was on my side for this one.

Thanks Mark for being the designated dealer this evening.

J
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    I feel a little sheepish....but after a well played match Bye succumbed to the ultimate suckout when I called his all in with 7-2o on the first hand of the match. His AA failed to hold up when the board gave me a straight flush to the 6. Thanks for the great game Bye and good luck in the losers side. I have a feeling I'll be seeing you again.

POTW

Not to sure about the signature though...
  • Vince D v Flint Bones is scheduled for Monday night.
  • moose vs kanga
    mmoose vs hellmuth's mole

Thurs 9pm

Also open for anyone else who wishes to play. Cambridge.
  • Rob,

I'm just contacting QTJen for our match and I noticed these date errors in the first post:

Tues., July 30th @ 7pm
    Wed., July 31 @ 7pm

Are you open Tuesday the 29th and Wednesday the 30th?
  • Yep.. You are correct. I'll fix the dates.
    Quimby wrote: »
    Rob,

I'm just contacting QTJen for our match and I noticed these date errors in the first post:

Tues., July 30th @ 7pm
    Wed., July 31 @ 7pm

Are you open Tuesday the 29th and Wednesday the 30th?
  • The friendly, "you're one week late" messages have gone out to most of our first round matches that I've heard nothing from.

Next week, the no-so-friendly, "you're two weeks late" messages will go out, followed by the "you're three weeks and moments away from a DQ" message.

Keep me updated!
  • buzzzard vs aiki65 scheduled for Tues at 9:30