Bristol St. presents -- "The 2008 Summer Shoot-out" June/July 2008

Comments

• 800OVER wrote: »
    Order of finish for those interested....
    1. Waltsfriend
    2. 800over
    3. JohnnieH
    4. Flint Bones

Thanks for coming out!

Congrats Sandy, and thanks for hosting Nik.

Rob, sign me up for Event #7, I am willing to host.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Congrats Sandy, and thanks for hosting Nik.

Rob, sign me up for Event #7, I am willing to host.

.......there a chance a .25/.25 cent NL game brake out after?
  • Please add me to the July 7th game, thanks!
  • TwoThree' wrote: »
    .......there a chance a .25/.25 cent NL game brake out after?

I doubt it, but one might be able to arranged.
    I doubt it, but one might be able to arranged.

Sadly I just was invited to my friends yearly BBQ/Drink fest so I won't be sober/able to make it for that day :(
  • Just wondering guys, how long on average has these SnGs taken to play from start to completion?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Just wondering guys, how long on average has these SnGs taken to play from start to completion?

For you and me, about an hour, for everyone else, a lot longer.
  • The two that I've played have just gone over the 3 hour mark.
  • westside8 wrote:
    Just wondering guys, how long on average has these SnGs taken to play from start to completion?
    Buzzzardd wrote: »
    For you and me, about an hour, for everyone else, a lot longer.

I'll take the under ;)
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Event #7 please.

I didn't see my name added for this event, so I'll try again.
  • Take me out of 6. Working on the bathroom
  • Please sign me up for the 15th, thank you.

stp
  • Hey all,

Numbers for this Monday's event are looking very low (currently at 3). Chances are this one will be cancelled, as I don't think the ~$50/player it'll take to run this will be a popular or worthwhile choice.

I'll wait til EOD Saturday to make a final choice.

The Numbers for the Sunday event are healthy, and this may be the final one as interest seems to be dwindling. (I knew I should have done 8x8!!)

I'm sending a PM to the Event #6 players to keep them informed.
  • Cancel me from event 6
  • Event #8.

Possible host if required (but not preferable).
  • I apologize but I got my dates confused. I am on vacation on the 15th. Please take my name off.

stp
  • Put me down for event #8
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Event #7 : (SUNDAY July 13, 2PM START) Location - TBA
    1. "Buzzzardd"
    2. Matt dS
    3. "Botmac"
    4. "joeheartsdi"
    5. "westside"
    6. "JohnnieH"
    7. "AcidJoe"
    8. "Hellmuth's Mole"

Can I assume Buzzard or myself is hosting?
    Can I assume Buzzard or myself is hosting?

I won't be able to host, my tournament is the day before.
  • This one will take place at Bristol. I am out of town but will be back by 2pm. (I do love Johnnie's table, but the location isn't central.)
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but almost everybody signed up for Event #7 lives outside of KW?

At least The Mole and I live in the same town :) Maybe we should commute together?

I mean no disrespect Rob, we all love you for hosting at Bristol St.
  • It would work out better for me if we played at Johnnie's but I am good with either. Especially if Johnnie was supplying the beverages.:)
  • I'm up for considering it. Johnnie, can you PM everyone interested and see if they're ok with going to your place for the event. If so, we'll host it there!
  • I am probably out for #7 now as one of my softball games just got rescheduled to Sunday at 4pm (still waiting for league confirmation)
  • 8 Host
  • PMs sent to everyone except Matt dS. Who is that?
  • I'm travelling anyways it doesn't matter to me. Just PM me where I need to be and a contact number in case I pull a Kristy.
  • Since I have to make a call about the location of Game 7, we'll have it at JohnnieH's. Johnnie, can you send me detailed instructions on how to get to your place and I'll forward it off to Matt. (He's a new player; friend of a friend)

If you get < 7 players, you guys will have to decide if you want to increase the buy-in to create a $140 first place.

Johnnie, please make sure everyone (aside from Matt) is aware of the directions! Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

In related news, sign up for the final two events is very low. If the 15th (Event #8) goes ahead it'll be at Bristol, but that's looking unlikely at the moment.

Event #9 will also take place at Bristol and, in the case of low turnout, expect it to be converted to a non-Hold'em Bristol Street event (likey 7CS)
  • Johnnie could you forward a phone number please. If you prefer e mail acidjoe at mindless dot com works fine.
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Johnnie, please make sure everyone (aside from Matt) is aware of the directions! Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

I've heard from everyone except Wes and JoeheartsDi. All are willing to play at my place.

Rob, you are welcome to stop by if you want check out the action.