Bristol St. presents -- "The 2008 Summer Shoot-out" June/July 2008

Comments

• Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder that Event #4 is tomorrow night at Bristol Street! We're currently at 7 players, so there still is room for two more.

Event #5 will likely take place at the home of "800Over", who lives in the Ottawa and Fisher Hallman area, so if there's any one that has an issue with the location, please let me know as soon as you can! "800Over" will send specific directions to those in the game.
  • Please add Spidermike to Game 5.

And for those concerned....snowbanks have been removed from my street.
  • I take it it will run with 7 and strictly pay the winner? I haven't followed the whole thread but I think I recall something like that.
  • Correct. I'd REALLY like to get one more as there's always that person that cancels at the last minute.

Two options if we get under 7..

1) If people agree to create a $140 prize pool, we can go with less than 7. (I'm actually becoming less and less fond of this idea. But, for example, if 6 players shows and everyone agrees on $30 entry, first gets finals, second gets $40)

2) If people don't agree, we'll have ourselves a regular SnG or a .25/.25 NL cash game.

Regardless, there will be poker. If someone has a friend they'd like to bring, let me know and bring them along!
    AcidJoe wrote: »
    I take it it will run with 7 and strictly pay the winner? I haven't followed the whole thread but I think I recall something like that.
  • Rob,

I'll sign up for tonight too, to make it 8.

Al
  • I'll take a seat at Nik's for tonight if there's one available (please PM me directions).
  • I think you're a little confused Beanie....

Event #4 is tonight at Bristol

Event #5 is on the 25th at Nik's
  • DataMn wrote: »
    I think you're a little confused Beanie....
    Whoops - just got back from mini-vacation - brain must still be off (or maybe I'm always like this ;) ). I'll be at Bristol tonight, assuming there's room (and I can find it ;) ).
  • Whoooo Hoooooo looks like a full house. I'm hoping I remember the way to bristol as it's been a while. This session should be a blast. I am coming once I get out of work.
  • Done! Beanie's in and we're full up tonight. Forgot to mention, if you want to play in the forum's member tournament tonight, I have an open internet connection, so bring a laptop and you can 2-table it.

Also, also, I'd hate to have Joe come all this way and bust out in the first hand, so if you're bored and looking for something to do, I'll set up a table for a cash game. It'll give me a chance to see how well the new dehumidifer I got for the basement works.
  • I am on my way, sorry for being late!
  • Missing 2 players. Blinding in...
  • Thanks Rob, another well run tourney and a solid table to play at (well except for 2 3 who luckboxed his way to a win). :) It was great to play a bristol again and see a few people I haven't had the chance to play poker against.

And *GASP* I moneyed there too, my bristol bad streak is over :)

Thanks again and congrats to 2 3 who took down the table.
  • event 6 please. i can host.
  • I'll try another round... event #5 please

Mark
  • please add me to event #7
  • Event #7 please.
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Event #2 : (June 9) Location - WPC ("g2"'s)
    1. "g2" (1)
    2. "Hobbes"
    3. "DirtyWhore" (2)
    4. "beanie" (3)
    5. "kanga"
    6. "800Over" (h)
    7. "Buzzzardd"
    8. "spidermike"
    9. "Peteski"
    Just to fill out your results.

/g2
  • BTW if there's any interest in people out of town I can host an event in July (any day basically) in Bradford. Outside of that I will travel back to win my way in.
  • I'm out of 5, please add me to 6.
  • I'll take this spot in #5 if it's still open.
    Hobbes wrote: »
    I'm out of 5, please add me to 6.
  • Sorry - I was just reminded I have a previous commitment tomorrow night and can't make #5.
    Aiki65 wrote: »
    I'll take this spot in #5 if it's still open.
  • A reminder that tomorrow night is Event#5 at the home of "800Over"!

Who will join the donks that have already qualified. g2, 23, and myself? How did that happen??

R.
  • I apologize however cannot make tommorow night any longer.

stp
  • stpboy wrote: »
    I apologize however cannot make tommorow night any longer.

stp

Now that we're down to 7 for the game....I'm putting up the first $.25 of the buyin for the first 2 people to sign up! THink of the overlay! And to spice things up a bit I'll be putting a $30 bounty on anyone I knock out! A little Wednesday night freeroll(almost) for anyone?
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Now that we're down to 7 for the game....I'm putting up the first $.25 of the buyin for the first 2 people to sign up! THink of the overlay! And to spice things up a bit I'll be putting a $30 bounty on anyone I knock out! A little Wednesday night freeroll(almost) for anyone?

IN!

Edit: seriously, I want to play if it starts at 7 or later (7 I may be a few minutes late)
  • I can do the one on July 13th (#7) assuming I am not broke from Vegas and I don't lose my shirt at Buzzard's the day before.
  • i'm coming.. but late.. .post and fold me

Mark
  • Order of finish for those interested....
    1. Waltsfriend
    2. 800over
    3. JohnnieH
    4. Flint Bones

Thanks for coming out!
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Order of finish for those interested....
    1. Waltsfriend
    2. 800over
    3. JohnnieH
    4. Flint Bones

Thanks for coming out!

Yes, third time was the charm for me. Thanks for hosting Nik.

Rob, Nik just gave me the prize pool money for the final table buy-in. Let me know if you want be to bring it to you before the 30th, or just bring it that night. I am away until the 7th, and not around a computer much between now and then.