Poker Tournament in TO

Just thought I would let everyone know about our next tournament. It is a Charity tournament called, All in for the Cure. The tournament is August 23rd . Here is the website if anyone is interested http://www.allinforthecure.ca/

$50,000 in prizes

If you have any questions please message me or post

Comments

• I can't belive more people arn't interested, come on people this is what us cheap bastards dream of, $50,000 in prizes and you can get in it for freee.

Matt
  • Not entirely free. You have to sign up at a site where they will get a portion of your rake. I prefer an affiliate who will give me back a portion of the rake. If you don't do that it's $100. ON top of that some of us active poker players couldn't sign up even if we wanted to since we have accounts at the poker rooms that are mentioned.

Don't give me this free crap because it's not free.
  • Joe, he didn't say free, he said freee. The extra e must be for the extra effort required to sign up ;)

/g2
  • lol you guys are soo funny.

you sign up for a deal at (poker.com, pacific poker or Titan) and you will get your deposit back in the form of a cheque at the door at the tournament or you can get it through paypal. I don't know where the rake comes from in that, butt i do know that if you deposit $30 and get back $30 and then get to play in a tournament, that is FREEE (the extra E is for you guys ;)
    But that is just me and my Gorilla math so really who knows right??

You guys are soo quick to snap on anyone who posts man, just relax fellas.

Matty Kies
  • I will likely give it a shot; sounds like a good time and it is being held at a nice venue; don't have to drive down to KW area as well. Hopefully it goes ahead as planned; what is the minimum number of players you need for the tournament to happen?
  • I appreciate that PokerJah, we are running no matter what, we already have $50,000 donated in prizes and are still getting more. So either way we are having this bad boy, haha

Hope to see ya there
  • Wait so its $50k in prizes and not a $50k cash prize pool?
  • mattykies wrote: »
    ......$50,000 in prizes

If you have any questions please message me or post

Poor Matt never gets a break from you doubting Thomas-ii
    I appreciate that PokerJah, we are running no matter what, we already have $50,000 donated in prizes and are still getting more. So either way we are having this bad boy, haha

Hope to see ya there

Since you already have the prizes donated, do you mind letting us know what they are? The website still hasn't any info regarding prizes so I'm just curious.
    lol you guys are soo funny.

you sign up for a deal at (poker.com, pacific poker or Titan) and you will get your deposit back in the form of a cheque at the door at the tournament or you can get it through paypal. I don't know where the rake comes from in that, butt i do know that if you deposit $30 and get back $30 and then get to play in a tournament, that is FREEE (the extra E is for you guys ;)
    But that is just me and my Gorilla math so really who knows right??

You guys are soo quick to snap on anyone who posts man, just relax fellas.

Matty Kies

OK I have an account at Pacific poker, titan poker and poker.com which means I can't sign up. Therefore there is NO way for me to play Freee or Free. I"m not snapping on you I"m just saying it's not entirely free. The affailiate makes money when you play because they got a portion of your rake back or they get a "finders" fee for getting you to sign up.
  • > OK I have an account at Pacific poker, titan poker and poker.com
    > which means I can't sign up

He forgot to mention Mansion and Full Tilt (which are challenges).

I did the one at Mansion and got my $100 back yesterday. The software is awful, but it was easy to get to the 40 points.

Currently also doing the Full Tilt one. I should easily get to the 100 points this weekend.

You're right Joe - it isn't free - but for those of us who want to try out some different software it's about as close as we can get.
  • I love when people get on my side, thanks everyone for the back up.

Acide joe, I am telling you all this so you don't have to go through an Affiliate, so that you can just join up without someone getting rake back or whatever you are talking about. Believe it or not we are actually a decent company that tries to be nice to poker players by giving them benefits. I realize there are a bunch of shady companies but we arn't like that. So no finders fee either acid

matty Kies
  • Ok we are getting one of the following for 1st place

let me know what you guys want more

An entry into the fallsview WPT event, North American Poker Championship, oct 26th- Nov 2nd

or

an entry into the WPT Celebrity Invitational, Mar 1-3 in LA. All expenses paid trip for two to go with it
    ??
    ??
  • Alright matty I will give this a try seeing as I wanted to try 888 anyways. Lets see how this goes.
  • I might see if I can give mansion a try then.

I'm not saying your not a decent company, but you are getting kicked back from the sites you are promoting.
  • Again to give some credibility to Matty, as some of you may recall, I did the Mansion challenge, as Al says, it was super easy. I deposited $25. built it to $100. gaining the required points within 4 hrs playing 25/50 cent NL I believe it was. I then validated that I had completed the challenge, received a cheque for $75. US from 1deal and got the free entry into the Ktch tourney. Now I did nothing in the tourney, but that's my fault not Matty's. So net, I made $150. US profit and played the tourney. It wasn't free Joe they paid me!
    However I'm having a great deal more trouble with Pacific, very few players and gaining the required 30 points on there is a lot tougher. Mansion seems like the easy way.
    Ok we are getting one of the following for 1st place

let me know what you guys want more

An entry into the fallsview WPT event, North American Poker Championship, oct 26th- Nov 2nd

or

an entry into the WPT Celebrity Invitational, Mar 1-3 in LA. All expenses paid trip for two to go with it
    ??
    ??

NAPC sounds good; I don't see Mansion as an option; only 888, titan or poker.com. Is this correct?
  • Mansion and Full Tilt are under challenges..
  • 20 points on mansion, and your right al the software is awful. they even rake if there's no flop. Oh well. I won't be playing there much anyways after I complete this thing. down $2.08 right now.

BTW Al you said it's 40 points but when I joined it said 20 points.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    20 points on mansion, and your right al the software is awful. they even rake if there's no flop. Oh well. I won't be playing there much anyways after I complete this thing. down $2.08 right now.

BTW Al you said it's 40 points but when I joined it said 20 points.
    I agree that the software is not the most attractive but the players seem pretty bad and it is 20 points to win your challenge. What level are you playing Joe? I never noticed if they raked for no flop, but at least you only have to be dealt into the hand to make points, on Pacific you have to actually contribute to the rake to earn points, not easy for a player like me who only plays 25% of the hands.
  • compuease wrote: »
    not easy for a player like me who only plays 25% of the hands.

Thats grossly over-estimated..
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Thats grossly over-estimated..

Fuuuuuuny.... lol.. STR82ACE, can we ban this guy? 25% includes the blinds.... hope I'm not at an aggressive table...
    I agree that the software is not the most attractive but the players seem pretty bad and it is 20 points to win your challenge. What level are you playing Joe? I never noticed if they raked for no flop, but at least you only have to be dealt into the hand to make points, on Pacific you have to actually contribute to the rake to earn points, not easy for a player like me who only plays 25% of the hands.

I have a hard time believing you play 25% when I play 20% or less on line. I played various levels from.05/0.1 up to 1/2 NL. 1/2 NL really short stacked was fun.
  • Past Aug. 1st ...any word on the prizes?
    Fuuuuuuny.... lol.. STR82ACE, can we ban this guy? 25% includes the blinds.... hope I'm not at an aggressive table...

Unfortuately, No, I can't. I can only ban those who mislead or tell untruths.
  • I've almost lost my $25 on Mansion; get ready to sign me up! Mansion really sucks with having to wait hours for an SnG to fill and one or two cash tables full at a time. Must be a couple hundred players on the site at a time.
  • Hey Kristy, i posted the two potential prizes on page 2, check them out let me know which you would prefer.

We are gonna choose tomorrow , so I need so votes on what it should be , I like the LA celebrity package myself

Matty
  • Ok, we have decided on the Fallsview WPT 10,000 buy in package as first prize. It looks to be the best package as well as the biggest prize pool.

So if any of you win , you owe me at least 5%
    haha jk
    ill take 2%

matty
  • pretty sweat! do you need a certain minimum number of players for this tournament to happen? only 13.85 points to go.
  • hahah nice, your almost there, no min but i will be very surprised if we dont fill it up. I think the capacity is somewehere in 1000 but are expecting 500