Newer WWE thread

Comments

• hahahaha, they just showed Jeff Hardy pulling up to tna in his what 300k car, like holy crap.

Wonder what Vince thinks of that???
  • so Mark, BBC, thoughts on last night?
  • I only watched RAW but I was a little disappointed that Bret was barely used... and I assume the ending is some setup for a storyline or something?
  • I thought it was a good Raw...

I liked seeing Bret, and the moment with HBK at the beginning came off as somewhat of a work at times, but I think it was legit and I don't want to see anything come up between the two - especially considering Bret can't wrestle anymore.

I liked the few little jabs at TNA wrestling - vince in a "meeting", Y2J doing the hogan ear cup, etc.

The go home segment with Hart and Vinnie Mac, nothing spectacular, but I wasn't sure if they were going to just do the "feel good" thing, or push out for a multi-show angle with Bret coming back, which is what they clearly ended up going for. Now, I'm not sure what they're going to do with this, again, since Bret can't wrestle, but I expect a WM sharpshooter.

Mark
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    I only watched RAW but I was a little disappointed that Bret was barely used... and I assume the ending is some setup for a storyline or something?

I agree, he was hardly used.

2.2 million viewers for tna which is a record for them.
  • Missed both as I was in class Monday night and cable just got hooked up ten minutes ago. Will be watching Impact tomorrow and I'm sure I can find a copy of Raw somewhere.
  • it's on the torrents man... ;)

I'm d/ling the impact, figure I'll enjoy shaking my head at the various 50 somethings trying to relive their past glory.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    it's on the torrents man... ;)

I'm d/ling the impact, figure I'll enjoy shaking my head at the various 50 somethings trying to relive their past glory.

Mark

HAHA, there will be alot of shaking going on:D
  • Mark, why bother downloading when it's on again tomorrow night, same episode?
  • Oh! Didn't know that..

Well then...

Mark
  • My Thoughts on Monday night:

Promos - Edge goes to Raw, Bret/Shawn in the ring together something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, never mind a hug, it looked legit and honest.

Men's Matches - Edge goes to Impact, Angle/AJ, Pope/Wolfe, Joe/Abyss were way better than the typical slop the WWE puts in the ring (which is what we got this week). Kofi/Orton was good, the tag match had a midget attempt to interfere and get punted, so that tells you about that. The four way for Miz's title was good, but needed to be longer, same with Steel Asylym (though that was just a vehicle for Homicide/Jeff Hardy)

Women's Matches - Edge is HUGE for Impact, WWE should either work in FCW to perfect womens wrestling, hire the remaining SHIMMER talent or just stop putting on womens matches and have them be valets and eye candy. I don't even need to mention any details about the Impact matches, the WWE match was that bad by default.

Hype - Tie. Hogan biggest name in wrestling at one time vs. Bret Hart, a large scale legend in the business and one of my personal all time favs. Both big names came in and did what they were supposed to. Bret looked good (as did Hogan) and both were lucid in their comments
    ... See More
    Surprises - Edge to TNA. Jeff Hardy/Ric Flair/old guys vs. ... nothing... It was cool to see Knobs and Sags and Hall and Waltman and Jordan again, I hope that this was a one time thing though.

Ability to build to next shows/PPV - Tie. WWE moved forward with Jericho off of Raw, Legacy implosion, Impact moved forward with trying to show they were really shaking the foundations of their company and Mick Foley, Sting, Jeff Jarrett trying to find their way in the 'new world order'.. <get it, puns are awesome>

Overall- Impact put on a smart strong show with a few spots of typical TNA logic (which isn't a good thing) , WWE basically provided the 'same-old/same-old' with some closure for Bret.

WINNER - Impact.
  • Just finished watching both shows. Enjoyed them both. Sadly, as much as I hate admiting it, laughed my ass off at the DX stuff in the back with Hornswaggle and Santino. What can I say, I like silly stuff. Impact was better in ring stuff, but I'm still having this bad feeling like it's the WCW reboot all over again. Really hope that TNA comes out strong next week. On a side note, hahahaha at Homicide for not being able to climb out of the cage!
  • since I am bored as f!@#............

Stone cold and the rock are still being talked about hosting raw, so hope that does happen, booker t (can you dig it SUCKAAAAAAAAA) IS Rumored to show at royal rumble(which I may order on ppv if it looks like it will be good).

TNA is working on moving to monday nights, another wrestling war, sounds good to me.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    since I am bored as f!@#............

Stone cold and the rock are still being talked about hosting raw, so hope that does happen, booker t (can you dig it SUCKAAAAAAAAA) IS Rumored to show at royal rumble(which I may order on ppv if it looks like it will be good).

TNA is working on moving to monday nights, another wrestling war, sounds good to me.

Philli, I don't know where you get your info but it's a bit off. Booker isn't doing anything with anyone, just enjoying some much needed off time with the occassional date in Puerto Rico and for his own indy group. TNA won't be moving any time soon; the rating was up but not to the point it would justify the money being spent on going live and going against the juggernaut. SC will host right around the time Damages, his new movie, comes out on dvd, so around mid to late march. Rock will be saved for the week or two before Wrestlemania.
  • I've heard both..

Booker's rumored to be in negotiations with WWE. TNA isn't committed to Monday nights, but Nash and a few others have hinted at Monday nights.

As for this week's run. I just watched the TNA show, and I will admit, I just watched it.. and it's pretty ........... mediocre. The opening "cage" match was a train wreck.. since when does a cage match end in a DQ? Stupid. Also, they were pumping Hogan's motorcade the whole 1st hour, and the first words out of his mouth was that he was in the back the whole day? Retarded.

BUT.. the wrestling was good... Nigel McGuinesses (AKA Desmond Wolff) was great, if under-utilized. Angle / Styles = money 100% of the time. But we'll see what the follow up with!

Mark
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Philli, I don't know where you get your info but it's a bit off. Booker isn't doing anything with anyone, just enjoying some much needed off time with the occassional date in Puerto Rico and for his own indy group. TNA won't be moving any time soon; the rating was up but not to the point it would justify the money being spent on going live and going against the juggernaut. SC will host right around the time Damages, his new movie, comes out on dvd, so around mid to late march. Rock will be saved for the week or two before Wrestlemania.

same place as you looks like:rolleyes:
  • Stone cold will be the host of raw 2 weeks before wrestlemania!! sweeeeeeeeeeet, can't wait!

Booker T talks have broken off with WWE, so I wonder if there will be any surprise entrants for royal rumble, what do you guys think?
  • After careful review of last night's Raw

I'm 1000% in favor of stopping the guest GM thing. They don't get it, they're not doing it right, and it's hurting the program.

Mark
    After careful review of last night's Raw

I'm 1000% in favor of stopping the guest GM thing. They don't get it, they're not doing it right, and it's hurting the program.

Mark

Yes I agree, I heard they were talking of stopping it and having a "big name" be the G.M., I hope they get stone cold and the rock in there before they stop doing it or having one of those as the permanent G.M.

Who in the blue hell is the 2 that are doing it next week?
    Yes I agree, I heard they were talking of stopping it and having a "big name" be the G.M., I hope they get stone cold and the rock in there before they stop doing it or having one of those as the permanent G.M.

Who in the blue hell is the 2 that are doing it next week?

First off, SCSA would be a horrible permanent GM - his whole shtick was the anti-establishment guy, and also can you imagine a "PG" rated Stone Cold? Just picture "Die Hard 4"

Next week is Jon "Napoleon Dynamite" Heder and Don "God I miss the 80's" Johnson.

As I said.. stop the GM thing.

Mark
    First off, SCSA would be a horrible permanent GM - his whole shtick was the anti-establishment guy, and also can you imagine a "PG" rated Stone Cold? Just picture "Die Hard 4"

Next week is Jon "Napoleon Dynamite" Heder and Don "God I miss the 80's" Johnson.

As I said.. stop the GM thing.

Mark

LOL, I have never heard of them, as for stone cold, that's why he has to do it, to compete with tna and the hogan/bischoff or nwo angle, whatever they are doing there.
    LOL, I have never heard of them, as for stone cold, that's why he has to do it, to compete with tna and the hogan/bischoff or nwo angle, whatever they are doing there.

Maybe I'm naive...

I already saw wrestling in the 1990's, let's do something new shall we?

Mark
    Maybe I'm naive...

I already saw wrestling in the 1990's, let's do something new shall we?

Mark

No I agree, they need to do something new cause it is a lil stale.

Only thing so far saving next week is Bret Hart is suppose to be back on

Phil

^^^^^

In your honor I signed my post:D
  • Looks like The Rock has confirmed returning to wwe this summer, woot woot!

I guess TNA still can nab him.............
  • I feel like I'm ruining christmas...

Rock coming back would be to host Raw for one night, not to return part or full time. Sorry dude.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I feel like I'm ruining christmas...

Rock coming back would be to host Raw for one night, not to return part or full time. Sorry dude.

lol, alot can change from now to that time, yes, He did a interview with the Ottawa Sun saying he is coming back maybe in summer after his next movie.
    lol, alot can change from now to that time, yes, He did a interview with the Ottawa Sun saying he is coming back maybe in summer after his next movie.

There is NO chance that Dwayne is coming back to wrestle.

Why would he?

Mark

Coming back = host Raw = MAYBE ONE match, not part time or full time return. Sorry bro, much as I would love to have him back, he's done.
  • Jerry Springer is going to host raw on February 15th, lol

Jerry Jerry Jerry:D
    Jerry Springer is going to host raw on February 15th, lol

Jerry Jerry Jerry:D

Will be tamer than his daily show :D