Newer WWE thread

Comments

• philliivey wrote: »
    come on cerb get in there, remember Mark and I for free tickets and backstage passes when you get to the big time:D

I believe that puts my list up to... 2? Oh #%&%%)%!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I believe that puts my list up to... 2? Oh #%&%%)%!

Hey, remember your "moves" consultant, okay?

How quickly they forget . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Hey, remember your "moves" consultant, okay?

How quickly they forget . . .

True, but they wanted tickets. Your payment was a little more personal.
  • releases left right and center the last few days, I forgot all about Charlie Haas(sp?).

Talk of Triple H turning heel.

IS it March 8th or wrestlemania yet?:D
  • 3 more sleeps! TNA and raw on at same time LIVE LIVE LIVE:D

Anyone else read about WWE had to pay off a insurance company so Bret can wrestle at wrestlemania?

1 more week till stone cold!

How many more days to wrestlemania?!?!

Looks like they are going to drag out the guest host thing after wrestlemania as some movie cast is scheduled for the raw after wrestlemania, ugh!!!! I was hoping they would end it somehow at this time
  • Tonight is the night! Wrestling history!!!!!!

Or a big flop:p:p:p:p:p
  • Quite honestly, they have to have an amazing opening 15 minutes to win over canadians waiting for the start of RAW.

Does anyone else find it sounds really forced when Hogan tries to sound cool by saying 'dude' ?
  • Have yet to watch Raw; watched Impact first. Liked some if not most of it, but wasn't blown away by anything aside from one debut (not saying who in case others haven't seen it yet). We'll see what Raw has in store for me.
  • Have to give the first 15 minutes to tna, other then that I fell asleep after the 1st hour, crazy day and had to get up early this morning, so Don't worry go ahead and say what happened, fine with me :)
  • The problem with TNA is that they're trying the WCW method of beating RAW: Play up castaway talent and get into a game of bringing out a bigger and bigger name.

That's no good.. they really need to catch peoples attention with the old farts and push the new guys and the innovative things they can do..
  • I don't know how anyone can still watch WWE. Other than fast forwarding for a few parts. Heck, the only thing worth watching on Raw is Miz talking. HBK/Taker talking bores me but their matches are a different story. Almost everything could be summed up in a video package really. The evolution of WWE from superheroes and giants/monsters to katie vick storylines (wait it gets worse) to sheamus. The roster in 2003-2005 looked like one that could have developed a few major stars (besides cena obv).

Lance Storm vs. Miz feud for every male WWE title would be golden in this era. I'm not a TNA mark by any means if that's what y'all think though, TNA is easier to sit through though...fast paced, always something happening, TBP.

I'd probably watch Smackdown every week if it wasn't taped though. Smackdown was always better than Raw (imo) lesnar/angle/jbl/guerrero/edge/rey etc was golden. Kurt's cabinet, basham brothers with their mistress, etc lol.

It's just not entertaining any more.

TNA seems to be targeting the old fans that lost interest like I did, probably stopped watching btwn 2002 and 2005 at the latest. My last recollections of enjoying anything wrestling related were the following:

Booker T/Goldust team (funniest shit ever)
    Raw roulette
    Jeff Hardy vs. Rico match (nothing special, just the last match I remember watching and enjoying, jeff won)
    Taker vs. Jeff ladder match (Further back but last time I marked out, when he had him in the last ride and he grabbed the chair..yeh)
    3 Minute Warning
    Hot Lesbian Action, Rikishi!
    Eric and Steph in love
    Katie Vick (lol)
    Kane losing mask
    Kane/RVD team
    Hurricane and Rosey (S.H.I.T.)

lol...meanwhile on SD (which I never got down here) big show/taker, big show getting tranquilized, edge n rey teaming up, chavo/rey feud was sad, etc jbl was gold etc
  • I agreee.. It always seems like anyone that I ever talk to has better ideas for storylines than the crap that WWE puts on the tv every week.

I get that Vince has a formula and they need to sell a million sheamus action figures... but if they don't continue to evolve no one will buy anything.
  • Thank you c.m. punk!!!, wtf is this rey mesterio and family shit,lolol:D
  • STONE COLD NIGHT!!!!

weeeeeeee

Ok I know it's a lil ole school, but hopefully there is more entertainment tonight then the usual yawn stuff.
  • I'm calling my shot . . . Miz gets a Stunner, as does the Big Show . . .
    I'm calling my shot . . . Miz gets a Stunner, as does the Big Show . . .

miz vs stone cold on the mic would be epic!:D
  • Anybody else think that the whole Austin schtick was to NOT do anything last night?
    Anybody else think that the whole Austin schtick was to NOT do anything last night?

I fell asleep half way through again, if I am home in time I will watch the replay on the score.
  • You did not miss much, Philli . . . Austin was not nearly as active as he might have been. I watched TNA, and stopped by Raw during the commercials.
  • son of A bitch, no smackdown till 1 a.m. cause of stupid march madness:mad:
  • looks like pete rose tonight as host, oh dear lord.......... it was suppose to be the rock but now looks like not till June he will be host.
  • Haven't watched wrestling on a regular basis for years now. I tune in time to time if the mood strikes me. And... I watch just enough to remember why I haven't been very interested in wrestling entertainment for many years.
    Seriously? What the fuck is with the ridiculous attempts at cross promotions? Having unknowns from some lame ass movie host or some old washed up sports figure. Even getting some insipid shock tv host or other garbage. It's pathetic, tacked on and devoid of even the most minimal definition of entertainment.
    On the flipside, I think that there are some interesting newer characters with some great potential but I don't feel any interest in tuning in week to week because I have to wade through far too much stupid schtick. And bringing Bret Hart back? Come on, he looks like every movement pains him and they are trying to market a match between him and a man who has to be almost sixty. Yes, I understand that it's playing on one of WWE's biggest "scandals" but to have a match between them now?? Lame.
    And when will the McMahon's learn that we don't give a shit about seeing Shane, Vince or Stephanie in the ring? They are all very savy business people and I get that they are trying to capitalize on their average customer's general distaste for bosses and figures of authority but when has there ever been an epic and well fought match involving a McMahon? It harkens back to when they used to let Bobby "the Brain" Heenan have the occasional tag team or handicap match alongside one of the guys he managed. It sucked. Every time.
    I do respect that Triple H hasn't penciled himself in for the headlining match at Wresltemania. As head writer and husband of the bosses daughter IRL he used to have a habit of always making sure his character was front and center. HHH was a great heel for a long time and it's good to see that he is finally able to let some other people take the spotlight for the last little while now.
  • There goes another one...

Chris Kanyon found dead at age 40 - apparent suicide.

Mark
  • So incredibly innovative but he could never connect with the crowd. I know I always enjoyed his matches.
  • Boy, poor wwe, everyone stuck oversea cause of the ash cloud, they had to throw together last night show and beg the great khali and undertaker to come back.

How they still pulled off a show with the stage and some pyro and backstage workers still overseas is wow!, cannot blame them for a poor show last night, nothing they can do.
  • I can blame them...

Two words - GUEST HOST

It's still a bad idea... I'm one more insultingly stupid host away from stopping.

Mark
  • haha was going to mention that, but had to go, another guest host that was horribad. Who would you most like to see for the g.m. of raw?
  • Why does there have to be a "GM"? Just leave the show to the talent for crying out loud . . . Who the fuck cares about Vicki Guerrero? Have Teddy Long go back to being a manager, too.

Just show me the matches . . .
    Why does there have to be a "GM"? Just leave the show to the talent for crying out loud . . . Who the fuck cares about Vicki Guerrero? Have Teddy Long go back to being a manager, too.

Just show me the matches . . .

excuse me!!!!!................. I said excuse me!!!!!! LOL

Why they have Teddy Long around still is beyond me, they hardly use him.
  • I agree...

The GM idea has kinda run its course. Bring it back in 10 years...

I want managers back... REAL managers. The last decent one was probably Heyman with Lesnar - the kid was new, couldn't really talk, so you put a mouth of him. But I want a new Bobby Heenan, someone who almost eclipses their stars. Just get a character with charisma, and give him a "kingmaker" angle - where anyone he touches gets gold, and gets gold FAST.

To keep my fantasy world alive, stick him with Shelton Benjamin and get that fucker back on television / in a title hunt!

Mark