Newer WWE thread

Comments

• more Bret Hart rumours about coming back to wwe, the guy can't even wrestle anymore...........
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Rumor has it a taped segment of Dwayne will be aired...

Mark

i guess that makes it live sorta :D
  • philliivey wrote: »
    more Bret Hart rumours about coming back to wwe, the guy can't even wrestle anymore...........

come back to kick vince's ass :D
  • Another little tidbit of some interest...

Apparently in his newest movie, Dwayne Johnson is labelled once again with "The Rock" moniker....

Mark
    Another little tidbit of some interest...

Apparently in his newest movie, Dwayne Johnson is labelled once again with "The Rock" moniker....

Mark

As much as I personally enjoy his movies, looks like some of the shine has worn off without the nickname. On a side note, anyone else seen the trailer for Planet 51, his new animated flick? Saw a longer one before 9 (decent, but it's a rental) and the character he's supposed to be the voice for doesn't sound a damned thing like him.
  • ####bit of a spoiler####

the rock hosting raw would be sweet azz!:)

football players next week host, meh
  • Where did you hear the rock would be hosting Raw?

Or are you just wishing? That would be neat... but yea.. next monday is Ben Rothlisberger (sp?)

Mark
    Where did you hear the rock would be hosting Raw?

Or are you just wishing? That would be neat... but yea.. next monday is Ben Rothlisberger (sp?)

Mark

watch smackdown Friday;)
    watch smackdown Friday;)

Yeah, I'll say he's just doing it to fuck with people, but it would be sweet. I do love JR saying that Bret is a possible host in the future too. Not the same type of cool as Rock, but cool nonetheless.
  • Big Ben this week...who is he gonna fight? :D

any idea who's hosting after Big Ben?

???
  • The guest host thing has been hot/cold week over week, but I still think it's a good idea that should stick around a while longer. They really need to get some better names though..
  • WTF!!! 'Taker in the lead-off spot? Who's in charge here?
  • snoop doggy dog,lol
  • It's vader time!!!
  • oooOOOOOOOoo Yeah , time for the Macho Man to come to Monday Night Raw...Dig It
  • payperview wrote: »
    oooOOOOOOOoo Yeah , time for the Macho Man to come to Monday Night Raw...Dig It

Macho Man Randy Savage??

I thought he was dead.
  • Naaah . . .but I don't think Vince wants him back anytime soon. Or HHH, for that matter. Stephanie? who knows . . .
  • nascar next week, kyle bush and some other no name,lol
  • Vader makin' a comeback???
  • they need better guest hosts imo
  • You've gotta remember, this whole concept of guest hosts is still in its infancy. As it shows that it is a good promotional tool for the hosts, they'll get better ones. Besides, I'll go out on a limb here and say there's been more good than bad.
  • mini-me is rumoured to be one soon, now that should be good:)
  • Who's he gonna scrap with? Little Beaver? Or maybe Hornswoggle?

Better yet . . . Chavito.
  • The longer the guest GM thing goes on...

The less I like it. You can almost pick off the guest hosts week by week based on who's got something to shill that week. Frankly, I didn't care about Jeremy Piven's movie, Snoop Dogg's new album, and whatever next is on.

I also find it funny that on a night when there's a guest GM, the first thing we see is DX come out and list off a few matches that will be held that night. Not to mention matches are getting made the week before hand! None of this makes sense if the "GM" is supposed to have unlimited power....

It was fun at first, but it's not contributing to the storylines, it's not providing any good matches, and quite frankly, I can't imagine it's making any new fans. Good try Vince, but let it die like the million dollar giveaway...

Mark
  • lol at hulk hogan with tna now, also eric bischoff (or however you spell his name) is also now with tna.

raw has a new opening and theme song,the osbournes next week hosts, that could be interesting to say the least and jesse venture may be a host in January, i think that could be good.
    lol at hulk hogan with tna now, also eric bischoff (or however you spell his name) is also now with tna.

raw has a new opening and theme song,the osbournes next week hosts, that could be interesting to say the least and jesse venture may be a host in January, i think that could be good.

Give Hogan credit, he can still make people show up. Now, unfortunately, it's about the train wreck that he is instead of the phenom he was.
  • don't really follow tna, so the hulkster and bischoff is with tna?
    for real?

what's the deal with Kofi 'I thought you were Jamaican' Kingston?
    why did he break character? planned for what?

Ozzy should be a good one :D
    The Crazy Train :D
  • don't really follow tna, so the hulkster and bischoff is with tna?
    for real?

what's the deal with Kofi 'I thought you were Jamaican' Kingston?
    why did he break character? planned for what?

I think it's almost like a standard evolution of a character in WWE now. You start them out with some kind of gimmick, then if you think they will be a long-term wrestler, you break them out of it at some point.. The gimmick lands up holding them back.. see Carlito, Chris Masters yadda yadda.. not to say that they'd been successful in any way but it's a pattern..
  • never really liked Kofi :D
    so doesn't really matter as much :D

they need to do more with Kelly Kelly :p
  • Hellz yea...

Screw that "in ring work" and "talent" shit.. gimmie titties!

Mark
    never really liked Kofi :D
    so doesn't really matter as much :D

they need to do more with Kelly Kelly :p