Favourite beers?

12346»

Comments

• iNano78 wrote: »
    [*] St. Ambroise "Oatmeal Stout" (tasty)

A couple more I've enjoyed and hadn't seen posted. Ok there's one ^
    The other is, Blanche de Chambly by Unibroue.
  • Mill St. Tankhouse Ale imo.

THIS, love it!
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    THIS, love it!

The wife and I are eating at the Mill St Brewpub tonight. I'll a post TR tomorrow.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    The wife and I are eating at the Mill St Brewpub tonight. I'll a post TR tomorrow.

Sweet Jeebus. I've been wanting to do that for a long time. Will be waiting for TR.

Also, lately in the heat Sapporo has been floating my boat.
  • Enjoy Johnnie, heard that it's great! And yeah, I'm a huge fan of Sapporo. I also recently tried Tsing Tao, very good, similar to Sapporo.
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    I missed this the first few times. I'm usually into stouts and (darker) ales. Here's what's usually in my fridge, off the top of my head...
    • St. Ambroise "Oatmeal Stout" (tasty)
    • Sleeman's "Fine Porter" (also tasty, but much lighter; everyday beer)
    • Unibroue "La Fin Du Monde" (9% trappist-style)
    • Barley Days "Wind & Sail Dark Ale" (tons of flavour)
    • Kawartha Lakes "Nut Brown" (cheap)
    • Beau's "WTF" Wheat (20 oz bottles from Oktoberfest)
    • Scotch Irish "Corporal Punishment" (puts hair on your chest)
    • Cameron's "Auburn Ale" ('cause the brewery is just down the road from my gf's parent's house)
    I miss Granite "Best Bitter" (ESB); drank a lot of that in Toronto. And I missed Cask Days at BarVolo this year. Will have to make the trip to Toronto next October (although I did sample everything they had at their Oktoberfest tent in Vankleek Hill).

The St. Ambroise Stout: does it have a coffee flavour, like most other stouts? Hate that . . . found one at a brewpub in New Jersey that didn't and it was heavenly.

Can you get Wind and Sail at the LCBO/Beer Store in the GTA? Sounds delish . . .

Fin Du Monde is awesome, but never more than two in a night for me . . .
  • Mill Street Brewpub was aight. Had trouble finding it as it is located in a esplanade off of Front St, amongst many other pubs and small shops. Once we found it, there was a 2 minute wait for our table. No worries there, it was Friday night after all.

The beer was fabulous. I ordered a pint of the Cobblestone Stout while Wraych had a Pilsner. Both we very good representations of their styles of beer.

Wife had the Lobster Grilled Cheese sandwich, I had the Grilliron Steak sandwich. Both were pretty good, but not super spectacular. Their menu is a touch more expensive than I'm used too, but it is Toronto.

The service was fairly quick, we had lots of time to get to the Dome for the game.

I'd give the place 3.5/5 I will be back.