Favourite beers?

Comments

• Big E wrote: »
    Thanks Zithal!!!!! :D
    6 Coffee Porter, my first taste was disappointing and I thought great, a flop! But it must have been a bad bottle, the rest has been fantastic, a nice flavourfull dark beer.

The exact same thing happen to me this weekend. The first bottle was meh....then from 2-12.........oh my gawd!! So good!

Johnnie
  • McGoo wrote: »
    One beer that comes to mind is Kawartha Lakes Brewery's Raspberry Wheat Ale, Interesting taste, give it a shot

I bought 6 of the KLB Premium Pale Ale. Very nice. Hoppy. Nice copper/amber colour. Definitely recommend for those who like hoppy ale.

Also got 12 Sleeman IPA - pure crap. Why do I buy Sleeman's?

Also 6 County Durham Signature Ale - a very nice smooth ale, more sweet than hoppy.
  • I had to comment on my worst beer....I know it says best but I had to.

Steelback Pilsner, they have two kinds Copperhead and Wild Bruce County. I like a good Czech style Pilsner and am brewing one next weekend so I thought I'd grab 6 each of the above two kinds just to taste and get in the mood....it was 12 too many.

Worst beer, hands down, that I have ever tasted...I almost, almost poured it out.
    I had to comment on my worst beer....I know it says best but I had to.

Steelback Pilsner, they have two kinds Copperhead and Wild Bruce County. I like a good Czech style Pilsner and am brewing one next weekend so I thought I'd grab 6 each of the above two kinds just to taste and get in the mood....it was 12 too many.

Worst beer, hands down, that I have ever tasted...I almost, almost poured it out.

I know Mario's worst beer...
    I almost, almost poured it out.
    No! Don't! Just host another crazy rebuy and invite DrTyore :D

/g2
  • Honestly, ask anyone....After 4 beers, who cares what brand your drinking!
  • g2 wrote: »
    No! Don't! Just host another crazy rebuy and invite DrTyore :D

/g2

LOL....good idea keeping thet really bad stuff to hand out :)

I like your thinking greg!
  • My favorite beer, by far, is the smooth taste of bavarian. i love that stuff!
  • try ZUBRE..from poland...strong beer in a big bottle but taste great!
  • I'm a fan of Stroh's. Tastes great and not too expensive either.
  • Anyone had the chance to try Mill St.'s new brew Wit Wheat Beer yet? (i'm loooking at Zithal here)
  • No but I picked up a Ploughman's Ale growler from GrandriverbrewingCo today for Sat's Jour de Poker. Can't wait.

Also saw this one in an ad for the BeerFest in TO this weekend. Anyone tried it?

Old Credit Amber Ale
    • Red amber colour
    • Aromatic bouquet, fruity, nutty
    • Medium body with distinctive roasted malt character
    • Thick creamy, fine textured head
    • Fleeting aftertaste
    • 5% alcohol content
  • When I lived in Kingston I loved Dragon's Breath Pale ale by the Kingston Brew Pub, for those who love spicey food a great complement to it is Cheetah beer.
  • Eurotrash lagers... must restrain self from responding...

Would like to the try the Wit, haven't seen any yet though. LCBO says they're some in town, so I may go pick up some before the tourney tomorrow.

As for favorite beers, here's my Top 5 in no particular order (aside from #1)

#1: Stone Ruination IPA
    #2: Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout
    #3: Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA
    #4: Scotch Irish Corporal Punishment (cask conditioned)
    #5: Biergotter Hopocolypse IPA (our signature homebrew)
    #6: Great Lakes Edmond Fitzgerald Porter
    #7: Stone Old Guardian Barleywine (aged 1 year)

Whoops... went to 7.
  • I'll take the tree over the presents.

xmastree.jpg
  • Too bad they're not full.

Right now I'm into Leffe Brown.
  • I am a canadian girl all the way.. But if you want to know about beer ask Zithal he is the beer consignior or however you spell that.....:) all the power to ya......:)
  • Have you ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe....
  • Can we go to a club where people wee on each other?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Can we go to a club where people wee on each other?

We'll do that at MXM....I mean MPM!
  • Two great craft beers from the USA:

Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    Southern Tier IPA
  • Great bump Johnnie.

I've really been enjoying Kilkenny lately.

/g2
  • I usually stick to my good old Molson Dry, lotsa taste and it can get you drunk not like those stupid US beers.
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    I usually stick to my good old Molson Dry, lotsa taste and it can get you drunk not like those stupid US beers.

...why bother...
  • Zithal what beers are you into this summer?
  • can you say resurrection........

Top 5

1-Innes & Gunn Oak Whisky barrel aged original - Holy crap it was fun to discover this beer.
    Scottish oak aged beer with a tonne of character. Vanilla and caramel notes with the slight taste of Whisky. effing brilliant.
    2 - Ola Dubh 40 year old Whisky barrel - Would be first but it costs $18 per bottle and you can't get it anymore this year.
    3 - Mill Street coffee porter.
    4 - Duggans IPA or the Stout....toss up. local brewery in downtown toronto. Just opened and truly kick ass beers. Not named, just numbered. - Duggan's Brewery - Ontario (including Toronto) - Chowhound good reviews start at Dec 9 when it opened.
    5 - reserved for Guinness as you can get it anywhere and is my back up beer (dont' tell the Irish I said that)

Zithal, hope you are still around to provide some insight on your latest finds. Will definitely have to hunt down some Stone brewery products.