Dead pool iv - team rosters

Comments

• The whole point of having a CELEBRITY Dead Pool, is to prop bet on when a bonafide celeb kicks the bucket. I really hate the idea of "The World's Oldest" getting in on the list, just because they are the "Worlds Oldest".

This was supposed to fun, but now it's clear that some people just want to get in just to fund their online poker account.

Please consider this post as my resignation from the '13 Deadpool.
  • Let's be clear that TheMill indicated he was under the influence when he made that post.

TheMill, the 'spirit' of this DP is that it is a celebrity dead pool, not a way to nit pick the rules to death in the interests of being able to pick particular team members. If people aren't willing to engage in the spirit of the pool, they shouldn't join. This is meant to be fun after all.

I hope you'll reconsider Johnnie. One drunk post is all it was.
  • TheMill wrote: »
    If you want to have a "fun" dp, take it offline. This a public form. Not a "me and my friends have an understanding so don't try and pick anyone we don't approve of ' dead pool.

I don't gamble for fun (well sometimes) I come to play, WIN or LOSE
    "

We do want to have a fun DP, a fun celebrity dead pool for forum members. There is no 'me and my friends' whatsoever, rather a theme. The theme is celebrity in this case. That is the spirit of the pool. Taking it offline would make no difference whatsoever.

Coming to play win or lose while still engaging in the theme and spirit of the pool is fine.

If we have to bring lawyers in to scrutinize the rules and remove loopholes, that gets ridiculous and people with interest in this course shouldn't bother.
  • Sorry to hear that Johhnie, I do hope you reconsider. Yeah I had a few drinks last p.m. and I let lose on a topic that has been bothering me.

Bill, its not about nit picking the rules to death. Its about having clarity and then applying them without bias. Not writing them as we go along to fit or fix a given situation. Personally I didn't see why we had to add the "approved" media list. Was there ever any question on this matter?

When you picked Tariq you were in clear contradiction of the posted rules. The matter was raised and resolved in a very short time. That to me, is an unbiased application of the posted rules.

I know where managers are coming from when they talk about the "spirit" of the DP, so in the spirit of the DP and just plain decency I will revoke my team if it will bring johhnie back in. He started this DP and I feel it's only right he continue to play.

Johhnie, In no way was last nights post directed at you. I've meet you a few times now and have formed the opinion that you are a pretty good egg. Please accept my apologies if I have offend you in any way
  • I thought it should be said that Johnnie's team is the best example of the spirit of the DP. Lady gaga, drake, beiber. I love it. He has to have the youngest squad. Johnnie for sportsman of the DP!
  • Mill, this is why I spent time over the past little bit trying to get things sorted out ahead of time for the 2013 season. So that we didn't end up having to sort rules out during the pool. That's why we added the approved media resources. They are large, well recognized internationally and won't likely be publishing obits/articles for non celebs.

We've been trying to clarify and remove bias since we started talking about this years pool. I thought we'd achieved clarity in the rules. I really did.

Since you pointed it out, yes I did screw up when I picked Tariq. I had him in a previous pool and didn't even think about it when I added him to my list. I'm glad that was resolved.
  • Bill, (this seems to be mostly you and I chatting) I do think the rules have been ironed out and applaud your efforts on the subject. All I was trying to say last night is that EVERY manger in 2012 had questionable picks IMO. I didn't bitch or name call. I paid out on every single player that expired on any other mangers team. (even when other mangers don't pay). Ya know why? Cause I made a bet, and just because I feel wronged doesn't mean I don't have to pay.

Look at DJ, the poor guy lost his shirt last year (sorry DJ) but not once did I hear him bitch or whine one little bit about other mangers team members. He simply lived up to his end of a bet.

I with draw my team for 2013. I will accept no payments for any player on my team but will pay out other mangers because I know that I took picks away from them, that and the fact that I made a bet. I ALWAYS hold up my end when it comes to betting/gambling.

Jacen...,. I had the Beibs
  • This is really sickening.... I applaud Milo as he is the one who has selflessly run this thing with no benefit to himself for the last few years. No sure how we let it fall in the toilet like this to bitch and moan over $5. bets... I'm of the opinion that we just shelve it.. However I am not withdrawing as I don't want to contribute to the demise.
    Since it looked like we had an agreement can't we just continue?
  • TheMill wrote: »
    I paid out on every single player that expired on any other mangers team. (even when other mangers don't pay).
    Just noticed this, who didn't pay for an expiry?
  • Who would of thought death pool dying.
  • Mill if you have been "shorted" by a player for a win in the pool, that needs to be resolved. PM please . . .
  • Also, comp, thank you for the kind words, but I get a lot of laughs over the responses to wins, so I do have an ulterior motive of living vicariously through you degens.

I am of the opinion that the rules as posted were solid, and the clarification of adding the "accepted" publications for winners tightens things up even further.

Right now the only player who has declared themselves to be "out" in what I would call an acceptable way is JohnnieH, and I would hope he reconsiders.

TheMill, you are either in or out. If you are out, you will not be paid for wins, but neither will you be hit for losses. As for taking players aweay from other squadas, you suffered the same fate in the draft and other Managers may end up with "wins" as a result. No half measures . . . in or out, it's up to you, but I hope you stay.
  • We had agreement, we still have agreement. There is no need to shelve 2013's pool. We have worked hard to resolve the issues of the 2012 pool. There is no need to further discuss those issues in the 2013 pool as they are now resolved. Short story, no?
  • Agree . . . but need to clarify the status of JohnnieH and TheMill before New Year's. If they are "in" they need to say so, after the back and forth of the last 24 hours.
  • Still feel shitty about this whole episode, but I guess I'm. I would hate to further inconvenience Milo since the draft has already occurred.
  • Thank you, but if you're in, it does not have to be on my account. I am just trying to keep the ship off the rocks.
  • I think that's great Johnnie. You're the original founder of this whole thing and it would be a shame to lose you.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Still feel shitty about this whole episode, but I guess I'm. I would hate to further inconvenience Milo since the draft has already occurred.
    Milo wrote: »
    Thank you, but if you're in, it does not have to be on my account. I am just trying to keep the ship off the rocks.

Geesh John, how can you put any blame at all on Milo in this?

And i agree with Bill.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Geesh John, how can you put any blame at all on Milo in this?

I certainly don't. He has put in a boatload of time and effort on our ghoulish behalf, and I would hate to add more work by withdrawing.

I'd like to add: Thanks to Mill for the nice words. I hope you stay in also, but your picks live a long and happy life :)
  • See? now this is the sort of sarcastic needling we need . . . Did I mention Bush Sr. is feeling better?
  • Milo wrote: »
    See? now this is the sort of sarcastic needling we need . . . Did I mention Bush Sr. is feeling better?

And Nelson Mandela has left the hospital.

LONG LIVE ZSA ZSA!!!
    And Nelson Mandela has left the hospital.

LONG LIVE ZSA ZSA!!!

You're just pissed that Bill got the first slot . . . and that she'll be feeding worms by Valentine's Day.
    You're just pissed that Bill got the first slot . . . and that she'll be feeding worms by Valentine's Day.

Groundhog day. Latest. I've got a busy schedule and that's the earliest I can fit her in. It's on my Blackberry though.
  • I'm hoping Nelson was let out of hospital to spend his last days with family.
  • Just for clarity before we get going, the Don Edwards on my team is the Congressman, not the hockey player. Full legal name William Donlon Edwards.

Don Edwards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well duh :D
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    Well duh :D

Don't worry John, I have the feeling she will go at least another year, then we get another shot at her... Actually she's been pretty healthy lately. Her half leg is actually growing back... I read it somewhere..
    Don't worry John, I have the feeling she will go at least another year

$5 side bet?
    $5 side bet?
    odds?
    odds?

Um...1:1