TV ad: Marijuna legalizing and taxed?

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    You're doing it again, wont' let me post without you try to ruin the thread and conversation.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/technology-messing-my-mind-ahhh-29001/#post328332

I sure am!

Let's call mom.... You do realize you can just click ignore on me right peaches? It'll make it all go away for you - you'll never see a post from me again.

Now, if you don't do that... what does that say?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I sure am!

Let's call mom....
    This is the kinda of thing you are spreading to the teens you mentor...its an inability to deal with people correctly.
    You do realize you can just click ignore on me right peaches?
    You are a grown man, I shouldn't have to do that because of constant berating from you.
    It'll make it all go away for you - you'll never see a post from me again.

Now, if you don't do that... what does that say?

Mark
    Its not me I'm worried about, its the people that you feel you need to assert your presence over.

Remember that time I hurt your ego because I wouldn't take your bad poker advice?
    Its not me I'm worried about, its the people that you feel you need to assert your presence over.

Remember that time I hurt your ego because I wouldn't take your bad poker advice?

We covered that already - believe me, it wasn't the righteous blow you were hoping for. I liked the "intellegence" thread. You realize it hurt your image more than mine right?

Can we get back to more about you though? You are far too interesting and intelligent not to keep my rapt attention.

Mark
    We covered that already - believe me, it wasn't the righteous blow you were hoping for. I liked the "intellegence" thread. You realize it hurt your image more than mine right?
    It was well before that, as a matter of fact its what cause me to make that thread. You were so insulted I wouldn't listen to your advice you started insulting every action I made at the table. And then you came into strategy threads just to insult me there. Thats why I made the thread to stop your ego from lashing out any more.

Is this how we treat people when they don't take our advice? Is this what a mentor should do?
    It was well before that, as a matter of fact its what cause me to make that thread. You were so insulted I wouldn't listen to your advice you started insulting every action I made at the table. And then you came into strategy threads just to insult me there. Thats why I made the thread to stop your ego from lashing out any more.

Is this how we treat people when they don't take our advice? Is this what a mentor should do?

Look,

I'm not your mentor, you asked for feedback and got it. I tried pointing out when my feedback was to be utilized in hands in the forum games (remember, I have won more of them than you!) so I mentioned it. All of this happened like a year ago, and I can't recall how it went down, nor do I care to look up all the threads, but... consider the possibility that your communication skills and ability to clearly, concisely, completely, and appropriately express your thoughts and responses/explanations MAY have had something to do with the fact that I started pointing it out.

Further, I notice I'm still not on ignore - I think you have a man crush on me. I shall now refer to you in terms of endearment sugarbottom.

Even further, blossomlips, your solution to stopping my replies to you is to form a thread designed to attack me? Bullshit. Point of the thread was to continue interacting with me. You're getting off on this conflict too... sitting there, smoking your social service pot, and jerking with your cheetos covered hand... it's okay dumpling, better me than those kids earlier.

Mark
  • compuease wrote: »
    I am suggesting that pot smoking is -ev... Especially the way you do it.. Perhaps that's the reason you are having less than rewarding results, like <$4. per hr this year... Man, even the lowest level security guard makes 3 times that. Why bother, just get a part time job and make a lot more..

Gawd I would LOVE to see the shitstorm this is going to bring . . . LOL
    Look,

I'm not your mentor, you asked for feedback and got it. I tried pointing out when my feedback was to be utilized in hands in the forum games (remember, I have won more of them than you!) so I mentioned it. All of this happened like a year ago, and I can't recall how it went down, nor do I care to look up all the threads, but...
    No I wasn't looking for feedback from you, and I explained it at the time. I remember even though I was baked, but you can just suggest I'm lying after I explain.

I was playing aggro, opening everything, and cbetting everything like a maniac. You were telling me to play abc poker, because 'I am am right and you are and idiot' you would tell me.

Remember the Jennifer Tilly hand?

You wouldn't hear me explain that I came to the forum game to learn....not to win. So I was playing a lag style in order to experiment with higher stakes stuff. You wanted me to tighten up because thats 'right'. I wanted to learn and in order to do that I needed to purposefully make mistakes

That's what a dojo is. And its the difference between good martial arts and bad martial arts (not dependent on style)..

But you didn't take the time to understand that. Instead you got offended, and insisted you were right and I was an idiot. While I just consistently asked you to stop.

You might suggest that my plan to learn wasn't so well thought out but if you knew more about Niman Kenkre you would know that its accurate.
    consider the possibility that your communication skills and ability to clearly, concisely, completely, and appropriately express your thoughts and responses/explanations MAY have had something to do with the fact that I started pointing it out.
    If you take my threads and pull the bullshit from you comp and hellmouths mole, you will find im clear and direct in what I say. Mostly too direct.
    Further, I notice I'm still not on ignore
    I won't be ignoring you, every time you go after someone I will be there <^^/>
    Even further, blossomlips, your solution to stopping my replies to you is to form a thread designed to attack me? Bullshit. Point of the thread was to continue interacting with me.
    The point was to have a constant reminder of your foolishness and arrogance in trying to tell me how to learn.
    sitting there, smoking your social service pot, and jerking with your cheetos covered hand...
    If you knew my back history you'd realize how much of a jerk you are being right now.
  • All the other stuff was dull.. I really don't remember $5 games from a year ago, and when I said "At first" I meant "at first". So anytime I called you an idiot would have been after your first few strikes.
    darbday wrote: »

If you knew my back history you'd realize how much of a jerk you are being right now.

I don't give a fuck about your backstory....

Worst case scenario you've got some kinda birth defect or chronic illness and use pot for medicinal reasons. If that's the case, you could have mentioned it when I asked about your income. If this is a big reveal then that's just attention seeking behaviour and a trap. I wouldn't feel bad at all at a set-up

If your backstory is some story about how tough your childhood was and how it's messed you up? Still not going to feel bad because I called the need for professional help earlier. If you want to continue to blame your current, adult, problems on shit that happened to you from your childhood that's your call but recognize you're making a decision to be a victim and nobody else is going to care (fun fact - I did have a situation like that at work). Still not going to feel bad.

The only scenario I've come up with would be if you were a batman-esque villain that fell into a THC vat and now require constant state of being high just to survive, and quite righteously decided to donate your body to science and online poker, living on government funded marijuana for testing, rather than becoming a supervillain known for munchie-related crimes.

Mark

Edit / PS: Notice how I only really unleashed being a twat after I had inquired about potentially exempting situations? It's not being a bully or an asshole, it's calling you on your bullshit... honeybaby.
  • What can I say.... I go do some real work for the afternoon and come back to this mess.....

All I ask darb and drtyore is keep it on off topic.. :)

Seems to me it's Mark and I against anyone new to the forum... Didn't realize I was that type... hmm...

darb, if you really feel I am stifling the forum, why not create a poll asking if you or I should leave, ask Scoops too... Might be interesting...
    Seems to me it's Mark and I against anyone new to the forum... Didn't realize I was that type... hmm...

Serious answer first: He's fucked in the head and looks for badguys to blame everything on, don't worry about it. It's hard to break out of playing the victim mode.

Funny answer: Does this mean we can form a tag team? Matching outfits and a theme? How about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid kinda ripoff?

Mark
  • Please leave me out of this as far as berating anyones poker skills, I would never do that as I have none myself... Even Mark can beat me, how could you not think I had JJ beat that time at JohnnieH's anyways...:)

Please get off the high horse and pretending you are saving the worlds downtrodden... They are not members here... It's an internet forum for gawds sake!
    e new to the forum... Didn't realize I was that type... hmm...
    Really, what the fuck was this accusation for then?

Forboon... on Party Poker? - Internet Poker - Online Poker Forum

I wouldn't put us up in a poll thats not a right thing to do.

I'm going to actually write an essay on this situation and ask Scoops to read it though. I realize he might not care to, but someone will. Time to rest though I'll be able to get it all out later.

Too much time on my hands? I just want to be a good poker player, and this shit is hindering my progress, as well as everyone else's
  • I remember someone telling me to stop being someones entertainment....

Believe me, I'm not the entertainment nor the entertainer...;)
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Just curious how long it took you to comprise this post? definitely HofF worthy just for the effort. Not that I bothered to read it but impressive!

I read it. Definitely not hall of fame worthy. You didn't miss much.
    Too much time on my hands? I just want to be a good poker player, and this shit is hindering my progress, as well as everyone else's

Um... starting a thread about legalizing marijuana is hindering your progress as a poker player - isn't that what compuease pointed out and bruised your ovaries over?

Also, again, a quick click of ignore means no more me or compuease, and then you can concentrate on poker strategy only. Your reason for not was to stand up for others? That's counter to your goal as well, and also, as Dad said, it's a fucking internet forum, you're not patrolling the streets at night for wrong doers, you're jacking off your ego - pumpkin.

Get your story straight, maybe take notes and realize that you need to streamline things more.

Mark

P.S. - if fluffykins here writes an essay to Scoops, I insist it become public viewing, because fuck me if that wouldn't be funny as hell (like if you agree)
    I remember someone telling me to stop being someones entertainment....

Believe me, I'm not the entertainment nor the entertainer...;)

Ya ya... I'm weak sometimes too - slow day at work.

Mark
    Really, what the fuck was this accusation for then?

Forboon... on Party Poker? - Internet Poker - Online Poker Forum
    I remember that, think it was when I was trying to figure out if you were one of the several "fed" iterations (sorry costanza ;))... Probably after one of your rants in off topic, can't recall exactly why..
    darbday wrote: »
    No one else's unless they read off topic. Not really too worried about yours..
  • question darb, and a serious one as well... Do you post on other forums?
    I remember that, think it was when I was trying to figure out if you were one of the several "fed" iterations (sorry costanza ;))...
    Its a rude way to welcome someone and if I had realized you were a mod back then I'd have pointed it out.

As far as Fed goes...lets ask an expert perhaps Mark if this is how were are supposed to treat people who aren't fitting in?
    Probably after one of your rants in off topic, can't recall exactly why..
    I remember why, its because my party poker opr rankings were too good compared to the strategy I was talking back then. The issue was you can't read graphs so you didn't understand variance and weren't able to analyze my stats properly, even though you knew my skill level wasn't in the 99 percentile.
    compuease wrote: »
    No one else's unless they read off topic.
    I'm going to explain later why this is completely wrong to say, and why its your attitude in this sentence that is stiffing growth.
    compuease wrote: »
    Not really too worried about yours..
    I'm sure you aren't. But I think it would be fun to have some PFC grown pro's. And I think everyone who has the guts to come to a poker forum deserves some edge in the game.
  • I read it. Definitely not hall of fame worthy. You didn't miss much.
    Ya I know why you are saying that.

Anyways, curious on what you tell patients since your a doctor. Also curious if your not 100% for weed, what do you think of the doctor here who tell pregnant women to smoke it all through there pregnancy?

Do you agree with these doctors or is there a sliding scale on whats acceptable to advise?
    Its a rude way to welcome someone and if I had realized you were a mod back then I'd have pointed it out.

As far as Fed goes...lets ask an expert perhaps Mark if this is how were are supposed to treat people who aren't fitting in?

Fed, back in the day (and this IS fair to say) was harassing the poker forum. I think it was completely reasonable to assume someone coming in with "too good to be true" stats at that time could be suspicious as fed. So yea, this argument on your part is dead in the water. Unfortunate circumstance, but completely understandable.

I remember why, its because my party poker opr rankings were too good compared to the strategy I was talking back then. The issue was you can't read graphs so you didn't understand variance and weren't able to analyze my stats properly, even though you knew my skill level wasn't in the 99 percentile.

I'm going to explain later why this is completely wrong to say, and why its your attitude in this sentence that is stiffing growth.

I'm sure you aren't. But I think it would be fun to have some PFC grown pro's. And I think everyone who has the guts to come to a poker forum deserves some edge in the game.

The guts to come to a poker forum? Odd choice of words.

Also PFC home growns? Xuan and Watts immediately spring to mind, and I know there are more that I don't know myself.

Mark
    What I find funny..

Is that you all keep feeding into this guy's issues! Has nothing better to do all day? He comes on here, goes on these incredibly long exercises in futility with you. It kills hours of his day not answering your questions, meandering around issues, and trying to give legitimacy to lunacy.

I'm not going to address the copious amounts of BS written in this thread (partially because it got TLDR), but Milo, Comp, you guys know what you're going to get from little pothead petey over there, why bother? He's not going to listen to you guys, you're not his friends, or his peers, you're his entertainment.

Mark

Did a great job of this now didn't we?

What I find the funniest in this thread is you just admitted u were working today. I assume your job is the type that comes from government funding? And I see you have spent a large part of your day replying to this ^ guys issues. Yet you were accusing same "honeyboo" of smoking herb on your dime....

Seems kinda.... wrong?

And, yes you are being a douche Mark.
  • reibs wrote: »
    Did a great job of this now didn't we?

Ya.. already admitted to that....

What I find the funniest in this thread is you just admitted u were working today. I assume your job is the type that comes from government funding? And I see you have spent a large part of your day replying to this ^ guys issues. Yet you were accusing same "honeyboo" of smoking herb on your dime....

This too.... though when I said he was on gov't dime I meant using social assistance to purchase it

Seems kinda.... wrong?

You're not wrong!

And, yes you are being a douche Mark.

This too!

Mark
  • I'm going offline for a while, gotta visit my mother, so please contain all discussion in this thread (or in pm's) please..... Try your best to keep it civil, agree/disagree whatever but don't get personal.. You can all insult me all you like as I am quite immune but some here are a little more sensitive..

P.S. I have the interest in the popcorn franchise hereabouts as well.:)
  • Fed, back in the day (and this IS fair to say) was harassing the poker forum.
    What I came to understand is the forum couldn't get enough of harassing him. And there's others too.
    I think it was completely reasonable to assume someone coming in with "too good to be true" stats at that time could be suspicious as fed.
    There are better was of going about it then having a mod outright accuse a new person of lying. And that thread I posted wasn't what I'm talking about, doesn't need to be found but there is dialog. I was completely uncalled for.
    So yea, this argument on your part is dead in the water. Unfortunate circumstance, but completely understandable.
    Is this how we treat people? There are better ways then 'testing' people if they can handle your attitude.

DrTyore wrote: »
    The guts to come to a poker forum? Odd choice of words.
    Thats what it takes for some people, you don't understand that. And especially this place.
    Also PFC home growns? Xuan and Watts immediately spring to mind, and I know there are more that I don't know myself.
    These people's careers started and blossomed on-line and on this site? They kinda just turned their backs on it then? They learned all their strategy from here but they won't come back to share?
    I'm going offline for a while, gotta visit my mother, so please contain all discussion in this thread (or in pm's) please..... Try your best to keep it civil, agree/disagree whatever but don't get personal.. You can all insult me all you like as I am quite immune but some here are a little more sensitive..

P.S. I have the interest in the popcorn franchise hereabouts as well.:)

get fucked! :)

Mark
    What I came to understand is the forum couldn't get enough of harassing him. And there's others too.
    Why not ask Costanza himself?

Your understanding of things is kinda why all the threads you're in go this way...

Thats what it takes for some people, you don't understand that. And especially this place.

Didn't deny that, but starting to lend credence to something I said earlier.

These people's careers started and blossomed on-line and on this site? They kinda just turned their backs on it then? They learned all their strategy from here but they won't come back to share?

Xuan and Watts were members here, and regulars at several games around town. I won't be as foolish to say they learned all their strategy here (Pocket 5s / 2+2 were huge then, and way more informative). There's nothing to say they have to come back and share anything, they're good, successful poker players who learned. I'm happy for them both. I think there's a post somewhere here Watts posted about a Bristol street being his "First actual poker win".

Also darlin, you skipped compuease's question.... do try and be polite?

Mark
    Why not ask Costanza himself?

He's on question week tomorrow...

Mark
  • Your understanding of things is kinda why all the threads you're in go this way...
    Now Mark is this how we treat people we have misunderstandings with?
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Xuan and Watts were members here, and regulars at several games around town.
    Exactly, they weren't a result of Canada's poker forum, and it would be neat if we had pros that were.
This discussion has been closed.