Fallsview Poker Classic 2012

123457»

Comments

• You already know that Fallsview is poorly run, so don't be surprised if it takes more than 5 minutes. I've been in many lineups at Fallsview that can be very tilting if you're not in a good mood, whether it is at the entrance or Players Advantage line with somebody having ID problems, or the long lineups to register for WPT or FPC.
    Scotty12 wrote: »
    If it took 5 mins or something and there was a huge line of people in the same boat, I would have been looking to avoid that. Seems like I've got nothing to worry about
    :
    how poorly run fallsview is...
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    You already know that Fallsview is poorly run, so don't be surprised if it takes more than 5 minutes. I've been in many lineups at Fallsview that can be very tilting if you're not in a good mood, whether it is at the entrance or Players Advantage line with somebody having ID problems, or the long lineups to register for WPT or FPC.

no BF BAP to look forward to? I know you are going to take one of these down eventually.
  • The rake-free games online were too juicy to pa$$ up so I didn't get to take advantage of the Fallsview satellites & $1K donkament again this year. I haven't decided if I'm going to make the roundtrip drive to Fallsview this week to play the super satellites with over 9% rake and wait ten hours for a cash game table with the gross BBJ rake. :-\
    Is there a forum breakfast or meeting tomorrow?
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    no BF BAP to look forward to? I know you are going to take one of these down eventually.
  • For peeps that attended last year I am to guess there is cash game down time around 3am - 10am? just so I know when to show.
  • This is a general question for everyone. Does anyone know what the complete structure is for the 2.5K and 5K Super Satellites? I see the blind levels but there are no times posted. Basically how long are the levels?

Also if anybody has some experience with these particular Super Satellites from last year it would be greatly appreciated. What time they finish, any specific advice? I'm playing in both the 2.5K and 5K Supers.

Look forward to seeing you all at the tourneys. Say hello if you see me im a big bald white guy who wears a black baseball cap and sunglasses.

Goodluck to everyone this year :laugh:
  • This is a general question for everyone. Does anyone know what the complete structure is for the 2.5K and 5K Super Satellites? I see the blind levels but there are no times posted. Basically how long are the levels?

Also if anybody has some experience with these particular Super Satellites from last year it would be greatly appreciated. What time they finish, any specific advice? I'm playing in both the 2.5K and 5K Supers.

Look forward to seeing you all at the tourneys. Say hello if you see me im a big bald white guy who wears a black baseball cap and sunglasses.

Goodluck to everyone this year :laugh:

I didnt play last year but had some sweats in the 2.5k satty. The 1k satty ended around 130am, the 2.5k around 1am.

imo it is a very long grind the day before a very long grind.

• Look forward to seeing you all at the tourneys. Say hello if you see me im a big bald white guy who wears a black baseball cap and sunglasses.

You know how a cap works right? ;)

Good luck!
  • Thanks for the advice Wetts. Im looking forward to the grind! Mole your a wierdo :laugh:
  • Is anyone trustworthy returning from fallsview to downtown Toronto tonight? Wondering if I should get someone to pick up my $2500 ticket from Steve and drive it down
  • Scotty12 wrote: »
    Is anyone trustworthy returning from fallsview to downtown Toronto tonight? Wondering if I should get someone to pick up my $2500 ticket from Steve and drive it down

Too bad you couldn't pick up one of the $1k vouchers for $700 like Blackmagicz, at Fallsview today. Be interesting to see what the $2.5k vouchers are worth at the start of the tournament.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Too bad you couldn't pick up one of the $1k vouchers for $700 like Blackmagicz, at Fallsview today. Be interesting to see what the $2.5k vouchers are worth at the start of the tournament.

I luvz me some irony
  • someone want to pm me any info based on bfast thurs morning, I just called now from work there is 65 peeps on cash game list...idiots!!! I will just show up at down time tomorrow to sit right in, least thats the plan when I call at 8am!!
    anyone get this info? plus starting stack..
    Is anyone trustworthy returning from fallsview to downtown Toronto tonight? Wondering if I should get someone to pick up my $2500 ticket from Steve and drive it down

Scotty, Steve is playing the 2.5K so just get it off him on Friday at Fallsview
  • Probably 5,000 chips and 30 minute levels like last year. There is a rules document approved by the gaming commission that has all the details and should be available from the poker room.
    compuease wrote: »
    anyone get this info? plus starting stack..
    Probably 5,000 chips and 30 minute levels like last year. There is a rules document approved by the gaming commission that has all the details and should be available from the poker room.

That was for the 1K sat, was the 2.5K sat the same? Since I am not at Fallsview I was hoping someone would know for sure..
  • pokerJAH wrote: »

Yes, that was too bad. I would have been happy to get one for $1k at any point this past month, but Im over it.

crazykoby wrote: »
    Scotty, Steve is playing the 2.5K so just get it off him on Friday at Fallsview

Might not make the trip, thought the 2.5k was on Thursday. I have a girl visiting this weekend. If she doesnt want to go to Niagara and play slots / watch poker we're just going to play in bed and watch movies & Pebble beach.

GL to everyone still in the 1K!
  • Have you tried confirming with the poker room by phone? The so-called 'Poker Hotline" I posted in my OP usually has a service rep with no clue about poker, but hopefully they can connect you to a floor person who has a clue.
    compuease wrote: »
    That was for the 1K sat, was the 2.5K sat the same? Since I am not at Fallsview I was hoping someone would know for sure..
  • Anyone getting together tomorrow (Thursday) for breakie/lunch?
    Yes, that was too bad. I would have been happy to get one for $1k at any point this past month, but Im over it.

Might not make the trip, thought the 2.5k was on Thursday. I have a girl visiting this weekend. If she doesnt want to go to Niagara and play slots / watch poker we're just going to play in bed and watch movies & Pebble beach.

GL to everyone still in the 1K!

Don't tell her dad you play poker.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Don't tell her dad you play poker.

haha A+ for effort
  • gta poker wrote: »
    don't tell milo you play poker.

fyp
  • I played in the super sat yesterday for the $ 2500 seat and won.

Last night we were at the bar with betrthanphil, steveKerr, blackmajicz, Wes and about 4 ro 5 others betting on sports and other degenerate things and in walks Sir Watts, Vekked and Timex. Good conversation and lots of drinks. Good time!

Could not help but think of all the poker brains in the room!

Follow me on Twitter RAM_Eh for a picture.

Anyways could not play the $2500 today so I sold it to a friend of betrthanphil and booked a good profit for the day.

Good luck to all playing still.
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    I played in the super sat yesterday for the $ 2500 seat and won.
    Congrats. Was it 5000 starting chips, 30 minute blinds & same blind schedule as posted for the single table satellites? What time did it end?
    Congrats. Was it 5000 starting chips, 30 minute blinds & same blind schedule as posted for the single table satellites? What time did it end?

Yes as stated. Finished around 10:39-11:00.
  • Tino Trinci (TD of FPC) was just on FAN590 and they said they're considering going with 2 Day 1s or expand to cap of 600 to 800 for the $1K. Take it for what it's worth..it is Fallsview we're talking about.
  • Probably no talk about fixing the registration set up and begging OLG to put in additional tables for that week
  • Here are the numbers for the record.
    $2.5K event - 563 players (600 max)
    $5K event - 229 players
    Total of 1,392 player registrations compared to 1,223 in 2011, 14% increase.

Trinci claims that they are trying to have an additional series approved and to have MP3 players allowed at the tables. The interviewers failed to ask about additional cash game tables or the voucher scalpers who lost money. While it looks like Fallsview is not interested in hosting a WPT :'( or even a High Heels Poker Tour event, at least the 2013 FPC has already been approved for January.

My updated resolution for the Year of the Dragon: even if playing at PartyPoker continues to be much better than playing live by the end of this year, make the sacrifice to drive to Fallsview & play in the $1K event and satellites for the higher buy-ins.
    westside8 wrote: »
    Tino Trinci (TD of FPC) was just on FAN590 and they said they're considering going with 2 Day 1s or expand to cap of 600 to 800 for the $1K. Take it for what it's worth..it is Fallsview we're talking about.