Fallsview Poker Classic 2012

Comments

• getem76 wrote: »
    lol that dont look at your cards thing sounds like fun, of course you have to be sure they are not watching YOU, a tard would call based on your not looking......probably no raise will get through here without the shove, its not all dead money...I wouldnt like to shove here but something 88+ maybe AK off suit

I'm a clueless newbie about playing turbos

15 min = about 4-5 hands live..

If you start on the button.
    M starts at 20.
    M=10 in 5 hands,
    (not counting that you have to pay the blinds)
    M=5 in 10 hands
    M=2.5 in 15 hands

So you're blinded away to a ghost stack in 15 or so hands...

You can't wait right? Every 4-5 or so hands you need to double up to stay even right?

You got to play like a Maniac right?

Top 20% hands=shove?
  • You can hold on long enough to get a few people eliminated.....if you get a tard that wants to gamble, really you are ONLY gambiling!!!

You dont always have to wait for the nuts, I was saying in that situation before.....there isnt a ton of play, theres some, once 2-3 drop and others are short still you can get it in with almost any big ace based on people think you will be just trying to get it in and try to eliminate you......theres always lots of room depending how you look at it
  • How are ticket sales and satelittes going for the three tournaments? Guessing the $1,000 tourny will be a sellout how many tickets have been sold or won?
  • About a month to go - who's playing which event? Where is everyone planning to stay?

FWIW - I see Radisson is $71+taxes right now for a 2 Queens, not bad that's within walking distance to Fallsview
  • Playing all 3 events

I don't need anywhere fancy to stay for 6 nights. So staying at The Comfort Inn just up the street from Fallsview for about $300 taxes in for 6 nights. Feb 7 to 13
  • I kinda wanna play the 1k this year, can I just go and get a seat now or something? Last year it sold out way early (didn't read the entire thread if this was discussed)
  • Vekked wrote: »
    I kinda wanna play the 1k this year, can I just go and get a seat now or something? Last year it sold out way early (didn't read the entire thread if this was discussed)

Saw a post on 2p2 that mentioned seats are still being sold as of ytdy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  • don't see any details on the starting stacks for each tournament and the amount of time for each level. Is this information posted anywhere?

Same goes for the 'super' satellites. What kind of starting stack and blind increments for both the $2.5k and $5k? Thanks.
  • $1000 = 5k starting stack
    $2500 = 10k starting stack
    $5000 = 15k starting stack
    45 min blind levels

not sure about structure for the super satties
  • i plan on playing all 3 events, gonna call and register for the 1k today or tomorrow.
  • i plan on playing all 3 events, gonna call and register for the 1k today or tomorrow.

Where do you plan on staying?
  • not sure yet haven't made plans, comfort inn sounds like a good idea. I should probably book it soon lol
  • not sure yet haven't made plans, comfort inn sounds like a good idea. I should probably book it soon lol

if you do the comfort inn just make sure it is the one on Fallsview Blvd, not the one on Clifton Hill
  • I think m just playing the 2.5k. Last year I just stayed at the connecting hotel and parked my car in the falls view lot
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    if you do the comfort inn just make sure it is the one on Fallsview Blvd, not the one on Clifton Hill

kk ty!
  • Can anyone that's been to Fallsview this week confirm that the $1K satellites have stopped running and that Fallsview has no more $1K entries left to sell? :(
  • Wow at the hotel rates you guys are finding, maybe I should be looking, as the dates that this is being held may work out for me, but it is slow at work so it depends what goes on with that and a few other things in my life.

It would be cool and fun to meet and hang out with you all and me being a wild cheering section for you.:D

***mostly thinking out loud*** :p
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Can anyone that's been to Fallsview this week confirm that the $1K satellites have stopped running and that Fallsview has no more $1K entries left to sell? :(

Confirmed.

The $1K is sold out. I bought some expecting to resell them.
  • pfft, I think I will just drive it every night and sit in cash games!!
  • getem76 wrote: »
    pfft, I think I will just drive it every night and sit in cash games!!

Cash games are insane. I skipped the 2500.00 last year because I was making so much playing cash. Get there super early though....
  • I am looking for two tickets for 1000.00 buy in fallview email me at easypour@mail.com or call 4164209402
  • jlg wrote: »
    I am looking for two tickets for 1000.00 buy in fallview email me at easypour@mail.com or call 4164203402

How much of a premium are you paying?
  • Friend told me he saw transactions for about $1250 for a $1000 tourney entry.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Friend told me he saw transactions for about $1250 for a $1000 tourney entry.

Does anybody know where I can buy a few seats for the $ 1000?

Thanks,
  • I plan to sell mine for $1500 today, or $1700 day of the tournament.
  • Animaux wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can buy a few seats for the $ 1000?

Thanks,

Unlikely you can find one at that price, let alone "a few".
    I plan to sell mine for $1500 today, or $1700 day of the tournament.

This contradicts your signature
  • I'd pay that $1250...nothing more
  • Going rate will be around 1300.00 and then 1500-1700 day of the tourney
  • Going rate will be around 1300.00 and then 1500-1700 day of the tourney

If you tighten that up might get an over / under going ;)
  • That's crazy. Add in the rake and only about half of their $$$'s are going to the prize pool.