Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• Not 100% applicable, but still.
  • ICYMI: AL East Champs
  • So what's in those cups that the regs are drinking from in the dugout?
  • The David Price Nickname Generator

Have fun . . .

Milo = Truck Stop

Real Name = Sweet Chili Heat

Alternate Pseudo = the Dude
  • Any word on the playoff roster yet?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Any word on the playoff roster yet?

Apparently Wednesday, don't expect Buerhle or Hutch to be there tho.
  • My game 1 tickets sold for $322 USD for the pair on stubhub today.
  • West, Bucknor, Davidson benched for the playoffs. Royals drew Angel Hernandez. Lolololol

Tears for the terrible start times. Thurs 3:37 or 4:07. Fri 12:45. Record number of people calling in sick Friday for extra extra long weekend?

Sorry comp I hit report instead of reply. Lol.
  • Just a big FU from MLB
  • moose wrote: »
    Sorry comp I hit report instead of reply. Lol.

almost banned ya on the report.. Then I though it would cut down our members by about 10%.. ;)
  • Pretty standard start times... you think the MLB is going to put the Cardinals in the day game over some village in Can Nu duh?
  • Here's the roster..

David Price, LHP
    R.A. Dickey, RHP
    Marcus Stroman, RHP
    Marco Estrada, RHP
    Roberto Osuna, RHP
    Aaron Sanchez, RHP
    Brett Cecil, LHP
    Mark Lowe, RHP
    Liam Hendriks, RHP
    LaTroy Hawkins, RHP
    Aaron Loup, LHP
    Russell Martin, C
    Justin Smoak, 1B
    Ryan Goins, 2B
    Troy Tulowitzki, SS
    Josh Donaldson, 3B
    Ben Revere, LF
    Kevin Pillar, CF
    Jose Bautista, RF
    Edwin Encarnacion, DH
    Dioner Navarro, C
    Chris Colabello, 1B
    Cliff Pennington, IF
    Ezequiel Carrera, OF
    Dalton Pompey, OF
  • I like roster decisions except I'd have taken Kawasaki over Pompey as he's much better in the clubhouse.... :D

Looked like the layoff really hurt Price today. Gonna be tough now with Hamels going tomorrow. Almost seemed like once we clinched the division they were just happy to be here. Gonna need a big day from Stroman.
  • All the 'Clubhouse guys' didn't get suddenly shipped home you know. You don't have to be on the roster to sit on the bench.
  • Well, that was disappointing.

I don't want to sound like a huge whiner but that was some of the worst umpiring I have ever witnessed. Even Bob Costas was commenting on it.

That said they need to get on base more. For example Martian grounding out when he has a 3-0 was inexcusable.

Maybe the Texas heat will warm up the bats.
  • Home run city so far!
  • I am not usually one for the whole "cock of the walk" type of thing . . . but I have to say, I can watch that gif ALL night long.
  • Just logged in for the fifth time to watch the Flip AGAIN!!!

It's outa here!~

Milton Slim
  • Joey Bat Flip T-shirt

1444926209-BreakingT-TOR-Joey-Bat-Flip-square-v2.jpg
  • Jose is a bitch and showed again why in the two games against the Royals and after game 2 throwing his teammate under the bus like that

I simply cannot cheer for the Jays with him on their team.. I'd love to see some opposing player do a bat flip or a "Stir the pot" at him just to see him cry about it.
  • Macke wrote: »
    Jose is a bitch and showed again why in the two games against the Royals and after game 2 throwing his teammate under the bus like that
    Why do you think he threw anyone under the bus? All I heard is he didn't hear anything. What it looked like to me was he saw Goins waving his arms so he paused... I think Goins heard something from perhaps the fans? Just a mixup that can happen in those sort of situations. Kinda like the Tulo and Pillar collision, except neither of them backed off, in this case both did.

And "Stir the pot" is not unique to the Jays, other teams do it as well. Pillar and Donaldson seem to be doing it the most on the Jays.

And bat flips have been around for years, especially in the playoffs. You can likely find YouTube videos of it back a long ways. I certainly remember a few. This has been even more prevalent since more and more players are coming from countries other than the US.
  • compuease wrote: »
    And bat flips have been around for years, especially in the playoffs. You can likely find YouTube videos of it back a long ways. I certainly remember a few. This has been even more prevalent since more and more players are coming from countries other than the US.

Big Papi has his CAREER because of bat flips . . . sheesh
  • Milo wrote: »
    Big Papi has his CAREER because of bat flips . . . sheesh

For as long as Joey has waited to make the playoffs, and then hit that homer, in that spot, at home, I think he'd did remarkably well to control himself. If it was me in that spot, I'm sure I would have been significantly less professional.
  • Reports this morning that AA did not accept his contract extension offer and is leaving the Jays.

Hopefully he is taking Gibby with him.
  • Nice that he has the where withall to make his own choice. The media is going to crucify Rogers for this, but if it takes AA not being here to get rid of Gibby then I am all for it!

Prophet22
  • MLB Executive of the Year out of Work!!!

Milton Slim
  • LOL at picking up the option for Dickey. Surprised so far Bautista is staying and glad they did the option for EE.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    LOL at picking up the option for Dickey. Surprised so far Bautista is staying and glad they did the option for EE.
    Where are you going to get a 200 inning guy for $12M, just won't happen. Even though they renewed his option they could easily trade him with that low a salary. Therefore THAT"s why the picked up the option, it is +ev no matter how you look at it.

Bautista and Encarcion were both on 1 year renewable options and at reasonable salaries. Again +ev no matter what happens.

The big question is going to be where are they going to get top of the rotation arms from? They have Stroman and who else? Dickey will be a 3 or 4 guy and eat up innings.