Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• Estrada has killer stuff but he's gonna get rocked in the dome. No thanks
  • Lets see, player who leads AL in hitting against RHP, traded for a pitcher who doesn't have to face a DH, but who leads NL in homers allowed in only 150 IP, and gets to pitch next year in the homerdome.

Makes sense tho...
  • Jays sign Russell Martin to a 5 year 82 million dollar deal. Welcome home Ruessll!
  • 16.4 mil/year for Martin is alot. In 2011 the Jays signed Bautista for 5 years and 64 mil or 12.8 mil/year.

I think they need to address the outfield in addition to another infielder, unless this is the first move in a series that AA has lined up.
  • payperview wrote: »
    16.4 mil/year for Martin is alot. In 2011 the Jays signed Bautista for 5 years and 64 mil or 12.8 mil/year.

I think they need to address the outfield in addition to another infielder, unless this is the first move in a series that AA has lined up.

Now move Dickey and his Knuckle catching buddy Thole! Use the Dickey savings to make sure that Melky stays! Move Reyes to 2nd, 3rd is Lawrie (last chance, stay healthy of BYe Bye!

This post will eliminate that annoying no post message!

Milton Slim
  • AA finally admits Navarro on the trade block.
  • payperview wrote: »
    16.4 mil/year for Martin is alot. In 2011 the Jays signed Bautista for 5 years and 64 mil or 12.8 mil/year.

Of course it is. He definitely has to move Navarro now, and could probably get a decent 2B in return from a AL team where he could DH a bit.

Doesn't look like Melky will be back tho. My guess is that the gap in the offers is so big that the relationship has been damaged.

I'd expect several more move before opening day.
  • Josh Donaldson

Soon to be a red bull surplus, and no wondering if Lawrie will play second or third
  • Now you know why they traded for Martin.
  • Lol it's great for once to read the comments which are all from A's fans bitching about a horrible trade.
  • remember the name kendall graveman... I guarantee this kid was the centerpiece of the trade. Electric stuff.
  • Reyes
    Bautista
    Encarnacion
    Donaldson
    Martin
    Probably crap
    Mostly Crap
    Really Crap
    Definitely Crap
  • remember the name kendall graveman... I guarantee this kid was the centerpiece of the trade. Electric stuff.

I have heard that, but the here and now of the deal is Sean Nolin. I like the deal.

The Jays biggest issue is the roster from man 25 - 40. We need depth. Torii Hunter could be a fit for left. Pompey can play defense and needs to hit .250 leaving a hole at second that needs to be plugged. We are going to lose 60 games for sure, and we are going to win 60 for sure regardless of the lineup. Which means realistically to make the playoffs they need to go a minimum 30 - 12 to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Prophet22
  • we are going to lose 60 games for sure, and we are going to win 60 for sure regardless of the lineup. Which means realistically to make the playoffs they need to go a minimum 30 - 12 to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

lol.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    lol.

Don't know why you think this is funny?

How many teams do you think don't get to the 60 win and have 60 loses plateau in the same season in the last 20 years. It didn't happen last year and the diamonbacks were the worst team in baseball and still had 64 wins. The product they put on the field was terrible.
  • I think what Wetts means is this 60/60 theory really doesn't tell us anything, key is they really need to have 18-20 more wins than losses, or +4-5 per quarter. Going 30-12 at any particular point in the season happens once per season pretty frequently for decent teams. Trick is can that team play .500 the rest of the season?
  • Don't know why you think this is funny?

Because its an absolutely absurd way to state that they need to get 90 wins.
  • We are going to lose 60 games for sure, and we are going to win 60 for sure regardless of the lineup. Which means realistically to make the playoffs they need to go a minimum 30 - 12 to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

The big question is who do they play in those 42 games? Also, could you please tell me the dates so I could get tickets for the games that really mean something?
  • I understand what Prophet is saying. They need to play 18 games over .500 to make the playoffs.

Just like MTT poker pros. They make most, if not all their profit from 1 or 2 big scores during the year. If they knew which ones, they wouldn't need to play 10-12 per day, all year long.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I understand what Prophet is saying. They need to play 18 games over .500 to make the playoffs.

Of course, 18 +/- a few. What team does that not apply to?
  • My original point is, who is on the roster doesn`t really matter regardless the money you spend you are almost a guarantee to have 60 wins and 60 losses.

The Red Sox have emphatically stated that they are going to pay the luxury tax and make it sound like they are a shoe in to win the Series. Will it happen, ask the Angels. 98 wins and 3 and done. All teams have to contend with injuries. So once AA locks up the left field spot and second base spot, he needs to lock up major league talent on the rest of the 40 man roster cause they are going to get some playing time.

Mole,

As far as which games are important. As long as the schedule remains unbalanced, being better against the East is of outmost importance. You need to be at least 10 games above .500 against the east to have a shot of the playoffs. Almost half (76) are games are against teams in our own division.

Prophet22
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I understand what Prophet is saying. They need to play 18 games over .500 to make the playoffs.

Just like MTT poker pros. They make most, if not all their profit from 1 or 2 big scores during the year. If they knew which ones, they wouldn't need to play 10-12 per day, all year long.

Oh my head. No.

They need to get 90 wins. Each game is independently as important as the next.

Completely the opposite of the example provided.
  • Melkey has signed with the White Sox.
  • With Saunders out, bet the Jays wished they had spent some money on Melky.
  • moose wrote: »
    With Saunders out, bet the Jays wished they had spent some money on Melky.

Which has been my biggest criticism of AA, lack pf depth in this organization to deal with injuries. Having said that Vegas has the Jays lisited at 83.5 wins. I believe the Jays will beat that number. I don't believe it is enough for a wild card position which means they willhave to win the divison. I believe that 89 wins will do it.

Prophet22
  • moose wrote: »
    With Saunders out, bet the Jays wished they had spent some money on Melky.

I was hoping they picked up ichiro as insurance for center. Looks like we could have used him for left.
  • Arrrgggghhh! Stroman tore up his knee and is out for the year. It looks like it happened practising fielding bunts according to Wilner.
  • Arrrgggghhh! Stroman tore up his knee and is out for the year. It looks like it happened practising fielding bunts according to Wilner.

Fuuuuuuuuck (you trigs)