Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• Rumours have Rios returning with Bautista moving to 3rd and Lawrie to 2nd.
  • Y no goin' with Goins?

;)
  • Yep only bad things come when you pickup a Beane castoff. Especially when you already have experienced the uselessness of said Mills in the past.

I see Mastrionni and Kratz are sent down finally and Goins and Rogers and Sanchez are now up. Let's hope for a solid debut for Sanchez as the Jays could sure use it!

Sanchez last night:

sanchezdebutvelo.png
  • Nasty stuff for sure.

Stroman today 6 innings of no hit ball. :)
  • Love our jays with all my heart

We really need the pitching to step up, and for the bats to come back to life

for the first time in years, we have a legit shot to win the AL east with the sox and yankees sucking.. i mean, come on, the orioles?

Dont wanna wave the white flag, but things need to turn around, the next couple weeks are huge
  • hobbes wrote: »

lol >:D>:D>:D

^-^
  • Deck MGuire former no. 1 pick traded for a couple of toonies. Hopefully it's enough cash to get someone else.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Sigh.

Mike Napoli makes it 14-1 Boston.

Comic relief: Buck - It's the 4th homerun the Blue Jays have hit tonight. :D

Anything you can do....
  • I can see the future (sort of) :D

Buck did come close to saying the Redsox were tearing it up.
  • So, do the Jays empty the farm to get Lester off the Sox?
  • Milo wrote: »
    So, do the Jays empty the farm to get Lester off the Sox?

Nope. Lester wants to return to the Sox when he becomes a free agent. He's a rental at best.
  • Agreed, but WHAT a rental. As for him going back to the Sox. Not if the Yankees have ANY $$$ left.
  • Probably not coming to the Jays, but Lester has been scratched from tonight's start.
  • Even if they don't it's good for the Jays to not have to face him.
  • moose wrote: »
    Even if they don't it's good for the Jays to not have to face him.

As long as he doesn't go to the Orioles or Yankees. Can't see the Yankees though since they don't have much in the farm system at the moment.
  • I meant today.
  • stroman is legit
  • That would suck . . . though it might actually light a fire under AA's ass to get something DONE.
  • hmm Juan Francisco removed in the 7th.

may be reading too much into it tonght
  • suck it Farrell!
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    hmm Juan Francisco removed in the 7th.

may be reading too much into it tonght

get taken out late in lotsa games

Milton Slim
  • Lester to the A's :(
  • i guess we will be picking up whatever pitcher the A's release then and adding him to our rotation. Thank you for nothing Brad Mills.
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    Lester to the A's :(
    Better than the O's. We were never getting him anyways.
  • Lester is a FA at the end of the season, I was kinda hoping that even as a rental, he would be a good fit for the push.

I hope the jays wheel Dickey out of here so we can have good hard throwing talent in the rotation. Hopefully a strong lefty
  • Wow Lester to the As and Price to the Tigers and even the O's managed to pickup a quality lefty reliever in Miller from Boston to strengthen their bullpen.

And The Jays do absolutely nothing! I am left wondering if the Jays could of offered Sanchez + Gose + something / anything for Price as the Tigers sure did not have to give up much for Price in a 5th starter plus a league average CF.