Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• I got nothing. JPA sucks! Anyone is better! Just pissed the Mets number 1 and top prospects used to be Jays and one of them was a catcher. And Clevland just sigbed another former Jay catcher to an extension.
  • Mole, I do miss your banter how come you haven't called me to task for saying the Jays will finish last in the division?
  • Doc is throwing out the first pitch tonight.
  • Morrow didn't look too good last night. Neither did the jays offence.

I hope all forum members have a blast at tonight's game. You get to see Tanaka get his first major league start and loss.

Will be nice to see Doc tonight as well. Lets get above 500 again.
  • moose wrote: »
    I forgot to add: a melky that can run. win

Ding Ding Ding
  • Or at the very least jog around the bases regularly... Already matched 2013 HRs
  • The Jays didn't look to good in the Yankee series, excluding the start by Dickey. After playing Tampa and the Yanks I felt a 3-4 isn't a bad record. Over the next few series facing Astros, Baltimore, Cleveland and Twins it will be a better indication of how we will do this year.
    I forgot to add: a melky that can run. win

Dinger dinger dinger dinger.
  • Hey Moose, how did you like Buck's call on the review play at the plate?

To me, He sounded a lot like an Astros fan.

How does a former catcher and Jay make a call like that and keep his job?

It was ambiguous at best but he called it like it was a no-brainer.
  • Captain America The Winter Soldier last night. It rocked, if a little bit obvious plot.
    I forgot to add: a melky that can run.

So can Navarro.

Navarro has 1st stolen base since 2009. Brings lifetime total to 11. :D
  • So the Jays won the series against the Astros 2-1. It is a disappointment as we couldn't complete the sweep. We won the first 2 games, then had our so called ace on the mound for the last one but fell short. These are the games we need to win, if we have any intentions of competing for a playoff spot. It would have been alot nicer being 6-4 after 10 games instead of 5 -5.

It was great to see Melky and Lind still have hot bats. Lawrie needs to pick up the offense. He hit 1 home run but nothing else. Diaz has provided more punch then Lawrie which says a thing or two.

Lets hope we can win the series vs Baltimore.
  • McGowan pitched a great game tonight. It's a good thing as I don't want to see AJ Happ in a Jays uniform again. Btw jays won 2-0.
  • Wow. The Jays have won 2 series in a row. I don't think they accomplished this all of last year. Pitching was good the entire series. Nice to see the bats come alive in the last game.

How many of you would sign Rasmus for 5 years.

I for one would. I have always been a fan of his. He has a good bad, arm and speed. I believe his best years are to come.
  • payperview wrote: »
    Wow. The Jays have won 2 series in a row. I don't think they accomplished this all of last year.

When you have an 11 game winning streak you usually win more then 2 series series in a row :D
  • i love the jays lol, havnt been to a game in years but i remember i had a good time drinking and it was hot outside so win win. hopefully will go this year...
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    When you have an 11 game winning streak you usually win more then 2 series series in a row :D

lol, I forgot they had that winning streak to get them back to .500.
  • Sigh.
    viaTwitter wrote:
    INF Maicer Izturis will require surgery after MRI revealed complete tear of lateral collateral ligament. He will seek 2nd opinion.
  • Goins gets to stay in the majors past Reyes' return I guess.

We probably got the most we were going to get out of Izturis anyways, he was already starting to suck again.

BTW Izturis fell down the dugout steps. We can this to the lore of Blue Jay injuries, including spiders.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Glenallen Hill's Freak Injury
  • American League
    EASTERN DIVISION
    Team W L T GB
    Toronto 8 6 .5
    NY Yankees 7 6
    Tampa Bay 7 7
    Baltimore 6 7
    Boston 5 9
  • Enjoying this while I can. :)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Enjoying this while I can. :)

I hope you enjoyed it for one day.

We looked terrible in the double header. With Santos an Happ on our team were going nowhere fast. Ship out Santos and send Happ back down to AAA.

On a side note at least Santos set a jays record with 3 wild pitches in one inning. The twins scored 6 runs on one hit and 8 walks. Need I say more.
  • Johnson going for another Tommy John surgery and JPA is already down to 3rd string catcher - cuz he sucks.
  • The last 2 series vs Baltimore and Boston we were brutal finishing 2-4. 1 game under .500 for the season. With KC up next we will lose 2 of 3 as usual vs them. It appears once we have a chance to gain momentum they Jays are always there to let us down. It would be nice of them to use their "one time" this year.
  • payperview wrote: »
    The last 2 series vs Baltimore and Boston we were brutal finishing 2-4. 1 game under .500 for the season. With KC up next we will lose 2 of 3 as usual vs them. It appears once we have a chance to gain momentum they Jays are always there to let us down. It would be nice of them to use their "one time" this year.

This team needs more than a 1 time.

They needs many times.

Brandon Morrow starts pitching one time

Strohman works out one time

Magically they package Rasmus/Gose for any starting pitching of value one time.
  • Rajai Davis playing everyday batting 350 tho.
  • Most players who leave the jays do well ( carpenter & Escobar).
  • Johnson, Arencibia, Wells, Villanueva WTF?
  • Mother-fucking bullpen!
  • Great post from my favourite blog. Drunk Jays Fans
    Here we are again, just like every single other year — be it at 10-21 in 2013, or 27-14 in 2009 — with Jays fans (not all of them, mind you, but enough of them to drown out the many silent voices of the sane) headed for the deep end, yelling and screaming and spraying piss in all directions in a manic, flailing, attention-screaming leap into utter incoherence brought on by their apparent failure to have learned the lessons of all the other baseball seasons they’ve supposedly watched. Granted, being Jays fans, for most of their lives the creeping feeling of impending doom at every apparent wrong turn made by the club has more-or-less been right — a fact you’ll be reminded of frequently by these jackaninnies, presumably barely able to keep the drool from spilling from their bottom lips as they tell you about twenty years with no playoffs, as though the failings of the Gord Ash and J.P. Ricciardi eras have anything to do with anything right now. The thing is, nobody on the sane side of the door to the fucking padded room is trying to tell anybody that there’s nothing to be concerned about with this club, or nothing that doesn’t need to be rectified damn quickly if they want to keep their heads above water, or that “it’s early … and they’re still going to be great.” Yet I get fuckwits calling me an apologist, a Kool-Aid drinker, a “Wilner,” because I refuse to validate their overly-emotional piss-poor knee-jerk reactions.
    It’s annoying. Though, yes, I suppose it comes with the territory. And yes, addressing these crackpots not only gets old real fast, but also makes their voices seem even louder than I think they really are. It’s just… every single year. Every. Single. Year. And how difficult is it to grasp that grand pronouncements today about how awful and desperate the team is — meaningless regurgitated negativity-posing-as-cleverness garbage like “20 years of this,” or “can’t lose a game like that” — are as impossibly dumb as ones from a week ago — a damn week ago! — about how good things were looking after a road trip in which the club, by all rights, should have gone 7-2?
    I’m no Pollyanna. I wrote in March about this season likely being yet another “grim ritual march to mid-season irrelevance,” for fuck sakes, and if we’re being honest, that probably still is what we’re going to eventually end up staring at, given the construction of the roster. There was always the possibility of things working out really well, though, too, and absolutely nothing about that outlook has changed. The Jays were 10-21 last May 31st, and even though the fell off the map in the second half, they did claw their way back to 38-36 and just three games back of the second Wild Card spot, tied with a Cleveland club that made the playoffs. If they can do that, then what in the holy fuck is anybody going on about with the downpour of negativity?
    Maybe, as usual, I’m overstating it. But… yeah, there are problems. Yeah, you’re allowed to be pissed off when the Jays lose. Yeah, the team may not be on their way to the World Series. But most of us knew that all along and are happy just to enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. Especially since I’m pretty sure there’s a word for the type of fan who spends most of his energy racing to be the first to plant his flag in the pretend-notion that he knows the season is doomed: it’s called being a fucking shithead.