Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• Have to love the walk off bunt.
  • Streak over, start another one tomorrow, go_blue_jays-4101.gif...
  • Magic number exactly one hundo. :D
  • Jays take Jeff Hoffman 9th overall.

He's having Tommy John Surgery. wft?!?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Jays take Jeff Hoffman 9th overall.

He's having Tommy John Surgery. wft?!?

There's been a trend lately for pitchers to have the TJ surgery sooner rather than later. I guess rehab is easier when you are younger.

If anyone is keeping track, the Jays have swept 4 of their last 5 series!
  • Typical Rogers move...now they can sign him for cheaper.

Super excited for this w/e series.

Going to the game on Sun. Anyone else, want to hook up after?
  • really choked that this is the first year in the last 5 that I didn't place a futures bet on them in the off season

huge series win against the Tigers.....lets keep this rolling
  • Looks like not getting Santana was a blessing.
    Going to miss the entire season.

Orioles | Johan Santana's comeback bid stopped - MLB Hot off the Wire
  • Maybe....if his name was Ervin....

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk
  • moose wrote: »
    Maybe....if his name was Ervin....

my bad. :D
  • win streak now 6. :)
    my bad. :D

I'll bet you got damn excited when you heard the Jays signed M.Cabrera....

win streak now 6. :)

Would also be their lead in the East...

• moose wrote: »
    I'll bet you got damn excited when you heard the Jays signed M.Cabrera....

lol.
  • Former fanatic here, huffing and puffing trying to catch up to the bandwagon so as to climb aboard. Been following mostly from the periphery this season but I have one annoying observation . . . Greg Zaun.

As much as I get that Catchers probably know more about "the game" than other players, he was blathering on about the "real test" coming in a week or so when the Jays play the Yanks away and Baltimore. This would be where they show us "who they really are" in the AL East. Thing is, he said the ssame thing just prior to a West Coast swing about a month back. So which is it? Did we know then? Will we know soon? Do we know now? Is it only a matter of time before Zaun starts removing the fabric from late 70's furniture in order to make his suits?
  • Hmmm. Does he know both NY and Baltimore have home losing records? :D

Actually the Jays are the only ones with a home winning record in the East.
  • To me, he is just looking for the inevitable downswing so he can say, "told ya" . . .
    Buck can do that even AFTER the fifth scotch.
  • Milo wrote: »
    To me, he is just looking for the inevitable downswing so he can say, "told ya" . . .
    Buck can do that even AFTER the fifth scotch.

I feel the same way about Blackberry...^-^
  • Third scotch.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Former fanatic here, huffing and puffing trying to catch up to the bandwagon so as to climb aboard.

Now look what you gone and done.
    Now look what you gone and done.

Throw im overboard....
  • compuease wrote: »
    Throw im overboard....

He's too heavy for me
  • We need another 10 game WIN streak. Started by a sweep over the Twins. Let's go Jays!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Kawasaki up, Delabar down. Another all-star pitcher in the minors.
  • It's the right move. He's a trainwreck this year and the rest of the pen is pitching better than him.

Let him go work it out in Buffalo and then come back and kill it.
  • Yeah that was fun...
  • The game vs the A's July 3rd had a weird play that will soon impact the use of reviews. The Jays in the second inning had the bases loaded with 1 out. Edwin is on 3rd, Lind on 2nd and Kawasaki on 1st.

Gose grounds to the Oak first baseman Freiman who swipe tags at Kawasaki and the 1B umpire rules Kawasaki safe then Oak throws home and they rule Edwin out at home on the force.

Gibbons marches out and the Jays challenge the call at first because if Kawasaki is out then the force is removed and Edwin can score since he was not tagged. The umps overturn and rule Kawasaki out and let Edwin score and the Jays lead 1-0. The As manager immediately protests and the umps note the game is now played under protest.

This opens up a couple of questions.

This is the first time a batting team has challenged a safe call. Is this even allowed?

Even if it is allowed because there was action after the umps call (the catcher could clearly see the call so believed the force was on at home) it appears the runners have to return to there previous base when the call was made so Edwin should of gone back to 3rd, Lind to 2nd, and Gose gets to 1st and no run scored. Now 2 outs. This was why Oakland protested the game.

It should be interesting to see how this turns out and the impact to the review process.

Since the As won (#$@!*) the protest was dropped but still hoping MLB will clarify what should of happened.
  • Sigh.

Mike Napoli makes it 14-1 Boston.

Comic relief: Buck - It's the 4th homerun the Blue Jays have hit tonight. :D
  • Brad Mills designated for assignment. :D
  • Yep only bad things come when you pickup a Beane castoff. Especially when you already have experienced the uselessness of said Mills in the past.

I see Mastrionni and Kratz are sent down finally and Goins and Rogers and Sanchez are now up. Let's hope for a solid debut for Sanchez as the Jays could sure use it!